[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Did anyone here manage to finish this game? It's fucking

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: 7th-saga-snes-cover-front-34523.jpg (12KB, 406x266px) Image search: [Google]
7th-saga-snes-cover-front-34523.jpg
12KB, 406x266px
Did anyone here manage to finish this game?
It's fucking impossible
>>
>>3749968
>It's fucking impossible
wew
>>
>>3749968
The trick is to avoid leveling as much as possible.
>>
>>3749993
why is that? Does the enemy scale with you?
>>
>>3750000
There is one rival fight that can be impossible without a ton of luck. Valsu learns an ability that heals all HP and MP and has no limit to its use.

Also, play the Japanese version if you want an easier time.
>>
>>3750000
The american version broke the scaling balance so that you get less stats on level ups and the enemies get more, which leads to some serious problems in some scenarios.
>>
>>3749968
This patch looks like it restores the game back to its original Japanese difficulty.

http://www.romhacking.net/hacks/264/
>>
>>3749968
I beat the american version when I was a kid. My team was Lux and Esuna.
>>
>>3750407
>Lux

CLANG CLANG CLANG CLANG CLANG CLANG CLANG CLANG CLANG CLANG CLANG CLANG CLANG CLANG CLANG CLANG CLANG CLANG CLANG CLANG CLANG CLANG CLANG CLANG CLANG CLANG CLANG CLANG CLANG CLANG CLANG CLANG CLANG CLANG CLANG CLANG CLANG CLANG CLANG CLANG CLANG CLANG CLANG CLANG CLANG CLANG CLANG CLANG CLANG CLANG CLANG CLANG CLANG CLANG CLANG CLANG CLANG CLANG CLANG CLANG CLANG CLANG CLANG CLANG CLANG CLANG CLANG CLANG CLANG CLANG CLANG CLANG CLANG CLANG CLANG CLANG CLANG CLANG CLANG CLANG CLANG
>>
>>3750534
Came here to CLANG this
>>
>>3749968
Yes, many times.

1) Never EVER forget to carry 9 Bottles of Agility around at all times for bosses, already high AGI characters (Wilme, Esuna, Valsu) will dodge most attacks, and the slower characters get a slightly better chance

2) The Rez Trick for rival fights. Have your main character get killed somehow and have your partner start the battle, rez the main character and now you have a fighting chance or some breathing room

3) Game genie if you wish, after learning that you are naturally weaker because of poor coding it feels less like cheating. This is highly recommended for solo characters

4) Team building is key. Kamil goes with pretty much everyone, but other teams like Lux/Esuna, or Wilme/Valsu, Olvan/Lejes are great. Also keep in mind that your partner will scale like the other NPCs do until they join you, then they will get the low stats every time they level. Like if you recruit Esuna at level 20 as you play Wilme (highest hp character), Esuna will have more health and physical attack than you for a long time

5) Battles and Turns are somewhat pre-determined. I could not savescum through the rival fights. My legit cheatless/reztrickless run with Lux I kept missing missing missing, but I ate the death, charged back in and eventually ended the fight in two hits

6) If you are level 32 or higher and Valsu has the orb, game fucking over unless you one shot him somehow because even if you do the rez trick he will heal mid turn because the game kinda reads what you are doing, like if Olvan attacks and takes 60% of his health off, Valsu will heal before your partner has a chance to finish him off, never fails unless you have two super high AGI characters
>>
File: s-l1600.jpg (193KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
s-l1600.jpg
193KB, 1600x1200px
The top two files were on the game when I got it. My file's on the bottom, I could only hang for 3 hours
>>
>>3749968
Yeah. I had to kill off my main character and level my ally though to win the rune fights. I usually kept Valsu with me as the ally for his healing abilities, so at least I didn't run into Elixir spam. Had to deal with Esuna or Lux usually though, which were always some of the toughest. It was always great to just get matched against someone like Lejes instead who you could beat by just spamming the star rune until he missed.
>>
>>3749968
never played it sorry
>>
>>3750008
>>3750019
Oh my word this.
I played this before I had any internet access back in the day and the damn game just broke my ass into pieces. I decided after learning about gamehacking.org to give it a go with codes just to see the ending, and man was it not worth it. Bad memories, so many bad memories.
>>
>>3750407
I did, too, but with every possible combination. My fav was Lejes/Valsu. The worst is Lux/Wilme.
I never got the Sword sword for Wilme, though, and only learned about the coat for Lux in Melenam somewhat recently. Also, only learned about the secret cave recently, too.

>>3750008
>>3750000
>>3749993
Once you get the Sky Rune, you can level up all you want since there are no more necessary fights with the other player characters* which is why it's the first one I go for after crossing the mountains north of Bone/sea north of Bonro.

Also, IIRC, Valsu only gets the Elixir spell at level 42. If you're at level 42 before getting the Sky Rune, you've done way too much grinding.

>* there is a chance that your partner will be betray you when you get a new rune, but if you save often, these fights can be avoided
>>
>>3750354
Desu. Just play it with the patched difficulty or the nippon version.

It's an ugly boring game anyway.
>>
Once, I set out to play all english SNES games. After I suffered through 3 Ninjas Kick Back, this was the second. I never finished it.
>>
>>3754183
Maybe you should have gone backwards.

>Zoop
>Zool
>Zombies Ate My Neighbors
>Zero The Kamikaze Squirrel
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.