[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dagger or Garnet? Do you keep her as Garnet or change it to Dagger?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 6

File: Garnet-cutting_hair.jpg (46KB, 320x224px) Image search: [Google]
Garnet-cutting_hair.jpg
46KB, 320x224px
Dagger or Garnet? Do you keep her as Garnet or change it to Dagger? Dagger is a silly nickname.
>>
I name her Aerith
>>
Garnet.

The haircut scene was fucking stupid.
>>
>>3749747
haircut scene or hair cutscene?
>>
>>3749749

GOD DAMN
>>
>>3749749
*starts slow clap*
>>
>>3749747
It's also what happened in wild arms except the princess in that game wasn't being a selfish cunt
>>
>>3749768
Oh no you didn't....

Garnet.
>>
>>3749749
God damnit
>>
P-Princess!
*clink clank clink clank*
>>
I Named her Toaster.
>>
Sarah
>>
>>3749745
Chibi-Rinoa
>>
>>3749745
Dagger will always sound stupid, so when the time came to pick a new name Garnet became the cleverly disguised "Garnnet".
>>
>>3749745
I called her Gagger after I showed her dez nuts.
>>
I'm actually playing this through for the first time. It's delightful, although a bit juvenile at times. Reminds me of how fun fantasy can be.
>>
>>3749975
>although a bit juvenile at times
That's very much the charm of IX. It feels almost like a young readers' story.
>>
Dagger is a stupid name unless its preceded or followed by a title or another name

Like Tekkaman Dagger, thats a cool name. Dagger by itself is dumb.

Garnet is a good name.
>>
>>3749745
I name her Slut.
>>
Soft
>>
>>3749747

It's a Japan thing. I thought it was nice.

>>3749768

Bitch, Ill cut you.
>>
Dragger
>>
>>3749745
dagger?

if you hardly know her.
>>
I named her Katana.
I named the black mage Reefer, I left Steiner as Steiner, I named main character Bell, I think I left the frog eating dude his default, and I named the red haired guy Dipshit because he seemed like a retard.
Imagine my delight when he announced himself as The Flaming Dipshit.
>>
>>3750365
>Quina
>Dude
I always thought Quina was an "it", desu.
>>
File: 1296577740270.jpg (3MB, 2774x1985px) Image search: [Google]
1296577740270.jpg
3MB, 2774x1985px
FUCK YEAH FF9 THREAD

ZIDANE/STEINER/FREYA/AMARANT FINAL PARTY MASTER RACE REPORTING FOR DUTY
>>
>>3750596
>not using Quina instead of Freya
Found the casual who never beat Ozma
>>
Zidane>Aladdin
Garnet>Buttslut
Vivi>Bro
Freya>Frontslut
Steiner>Toolbox
Amarant>Asshole
Eiko>Jailbait
Quina>Quina
>>
Garnet > Dagger > Sarah
>>
File: 1443842327282.jpg (310KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1443842327282.jpg
310KB, 768x1024px
>>3750604
I beat Ozma with Freya in my party
>>
I don't really understand why princesses are so popular as waifu characters when they always have fucked personalities and are rape-bait af

I'd really rather a sensible down to earth kind of girl who can make some good rational decisions and help me get shit done without endangering herself for no reason or becoming a liability
>>
>>3749745
>My name is no longer Garnet, I am now Garnet!
Come on, people don't really do this. That's bloody stupid. I bet you call Red XIII 'Naniki'.
>>
>>3750917
And that is why I would've preferred Freya as the main girl.

>>3751010
Call her Sarah then
>>
Named her Rayzor.
Named Steiner to Lancer.
Vivi to BlackMage
Looking back that's probably the only time I've ever renamed chars in an rpg out of dozens played
>>
>>3751020
>What type of weapon is this?
>it's a dagger, you dumb princess
>Then it's decided! My name is <anything but Dagger>!
Still stupid, no matter what you choose.
>>
>>3749745
Tifa Jr.
>>
>>3749975
Just wait until it goes full retard about half way through.
>>
>>3749940
In light of everyone suddenly choosing to pronounce FF characters' names in the dumbest possible way, is her name pronounced Reen-Wah now? You know... like quinoa?
>>
I have always wondered what made the developers put Quina in the game. Was it just to fuck around? Its the most useless character. Not in terms of combat but story wise.
Maby they just forgott to have an enemy attack party member at the last second.
>>
Is there any dumb dialogue that follows if you name her Garnet, besides the dialogue that happens when she is just "renamed"?
>>
>>3753260
You mean when it gets awesome about halfway through.
>>
>>3753685
Frankly, Freya and Amarant don't have much of a role in the story either.
>>
File: namesworth.png (7KB, 420x510px) Image search: [Google]
namesworth.png
7KB, 420x510px
>>3749745
I'd call her Condescending Self-Entitled Brat, but there's that pesky character limit
>>
>>3753685
It's an optional character though; Amarant's silly generic anime rival persona doesn't add much to the story either
>>
>>3753685
That's the case with every character apart from Zidane, who has a third act existential crisis that's completely non-sequitur, Vivi and Garnet.

The rest of the cast might as well be the nameless party members from the NES titles and maybe that was their intention originally when IX was actually a Gaiden sidestory like Legends but then ended up sticking a number on the end, rushing a bunch of filler in and I guess completely forgetting to add characters
>>
>>3753685
For me Quina always was the "secret joke character", he/she is obligatory in your team at one point but you can get he/she sooner by playing the mini-game in Qu's Marsh.

I think he/she does the job pretty well, it's a funny character where part of the joke is how weird he/she is, and how no matter what is happening he/she is never taking anything seriously.
>>
>>3753753
Cait sith was a completely useless character with a useless limit break. Quina was a completely useless character until you used the guire & got it certain enemy skills, which then turned your party into the ultimate killing squad
>>
>>3751010
I do both of these things yes.
>>
>>3751010
The weird thing that regardless of how you name Red XIII, there will still be the line "Nanaki is Nanaki" when the party first arrives at Cosmo Canyon.
>>
I called her princess..

Didn't beat it anyway
>>
>>3749745
i name her biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiitch
>>
>story stuff happens
>Garnet is under "emotional distress"
>fumbles the majority of her turns
>Eiko's better anyway
>just use Eiko instead for the rest of the game
Did I miss out on something or did I make the good call?
>>
>>3754492
Garnet is the better summoner and Eiko is the better White Mage.

So you made the right call, the fighters do more damage than summons ever will.
>>
I've tried to replay FF9 like twice now, and I always get bored during the third CD. It's a shame, the beginning is pretty great, but the second half isn't nearly as fun.
>>
i called her garnet bcoz that name ith tho pretty ommygosh
>>
>>3754492
I kept dagger anyway because I like looking at her bubbly little girl butt
>>
>>3750291
like penis dragger, amirite
>>
>>3754492
Eiko's a better healer and using summons is pointless, so yeah.
>>
I called her Stabby when I played it first.

>>3753753
kek was this just the translator being an idiot?

>>3754026
That isn't weird. They don't know any other name for him so they say "Nanaki is Nanaki".
>>
File: TimeGal-29.jpg (50KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
TimeGal-29.jpg
50KB, 640x480px
>>3749939
Underrated answer.
>>
>>3749762
kek
>>
>>3749768
It happened in Kartia too.
>>
>>3753802
>Cait sith was a completely useless character with a useless limit break.
Slots is the most useful limit break in the game. It can one shot any enemy, including all bosses.
>>
>>3758774
Even if you don't use Joker Death it's still capable of some awesome shit.
>>
>>3749745
I just went with Dagger because I name everyone their default names.
>>
>>3749749

Masterful

Join me in Valhalla
>>
In my first run i named Vivi Vivir which means "to live" in spanish because i find it funny as a kid. And then the story happened and i felt like total shit.
>>
>>3749745
I named her "Honey", because it's either cute or everyone's Joe Jack
>>
>>3749939
I do this too.
That puzzle in madain sari was hard as hell to solve and I don't want forget about it.

I looked it up online.
>>
>>3753753
Quina is an incredibly strong character.
Lv5 death-ing whales at level 20 will destroy the game for you when you're level 50 before going into the tunnel in qu's marsh.

But the skills are fucking hard to get. Last time I played I got all of them.

Frog catching?
No.
>>
the whole thing where stat growth is dependent on equipped items and you don't get the best ones till the end of the game really bothers my OCD, which I mainly control by playing videogames, so whoever designed that shit is an awful man.
>>
>>3750365
>reefer

Dude.Weed. Lmao.
>>
>>3750365
>the flaming faggot
Second playthrough confirmed as being totally worth it.
>>
I just use the default each time.
Thread posts: 74
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.