[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So what's with the lack of PC Engine CD fan translations?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2

So what's with the lack of PC Engine CD fan translations? There's a huge catalogue of Japanese-only games on there, I'm surprised not all that many groups have tried their hand at it. Especially when you consider the best version of certain games (such as Snatcher) were released on this system.
>>
Their lazy/stupidness keeps them from releasing
>>
>>3749559
Why don't you stop being a lazy, stupid bastard and do them yourself, then?
>>
>>3749562
Because I don't know japanese, buddy
>>
>>3749562
I would if I could, instead there's a unbelievable amount of bullshit with the fan translation communities in that they have this weird sense of "ownership" about which group may translate something.
>>
>>3749381
Because most people who have the skill set required to do it don't give a flying fuck about lazy underage bandwagon collectors. Certainly my reason.
>>
>>3749565
Learn it. Even if one or two games get translated a far larger number will not. And you will have a better experience than with fan hacks that add further bugs and dubious translations.
PCE-CD is one of the systems it's absolutely worth for.
>>
>>3749381
Most PCE-CD games employ extensive voice work and don't have soft subtitles Without a fandub, they're virtually impossible to translate.
>>
>>3749581

Oh please what are they going to do? Send you an angry email?

They can't stop you they don't own the rights
>>
>>3749381
Rom hackers are too busy re-translating games that already got translations like Squaresofts catalogue.
>>
>>3749668
>PCE-CD is one of the systems it's absolutely worth for
Good games for PCECD games are already translated. All what's left is unplayable garbage.
>>
>>3750439
snatcher
>>
You need to know jap and how to romhack both skills are not easy. Now speaking of learning jap, any of you got some good tips where to start?
>>
>>3750531
>>>/jp/
>>
Does the PCengine Duo have jailbars in its composite video or does it have rainbow banding instead?

How noticeable is it?
>>
>>3750531
>>>/int//70182662
>>>/jp/16439470
>>
>>3750439
SOURGR~1.PCX
>>
>>3750531
From some people both are easy. For others being able to sit through more than 3 seconds of an annoying youtube shit is a skill they find easy.
>>
>>3750439
nonsense buddy
>>
>>3750749
beats me; i modded mine immediately. why are you wondering about the quality of composite? it's bad. it's composite. you know this
>>
>>3749381
Best pc engine cd game non fighting?
>>
>>3753256
Shmup: Gradius 2 or one of the Thunder games

RPG: Ys 1-4, Xanadu 2, Heroes of Might and Magic 3

Platformer: extremely slim pickings; Akumajo Dracula X and... Rainbow Islands? Valis 1 (this game is only ok)?

Dungeon Crawler: Brandish, Dungeon Explorer 2

Adventure: Beyond Shadowgate, J.B. Harold (JPN version has options for English text and voices - neat!)

While I think the HuCard library is better than the CD library, there are some exceptions to the rule.
>>
>>3753256
There are fighting games on the PC Engine? Yes, I know they have SF2CE and a few Neo-Geo ports on Arcade Card, but its library is not exactly known for fighters.
>>
>>3753684
There are a number of c-grade (or lower) fighters like Flash Hiders, Variable Geo, Asuka 120%, Godzilla, and some bad ones whose name I can't recall.
>>
>>3750749
>>3751214
PCE composite is excellent.

Probably the best on any console ever.
>>
>>3754003
whether or not that's true, it's still composite.
>>
>>3754060
>i overpaid for an RGB mod and have to convince myself it was money well spent
>>
File: 1483824101196.gif (832KB, 252x188px) Image search: [Google]
1483824101196.gif
832KB, 252x188px
>>3754060
I'm truly sorry you lack either the intelligence or funds to acquire a display which handles composite video in a competent fashion.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.