[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I replayed Hyperstone Heist for the first time since I was

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 1

File: hyperstoneheist.png (199KB, 252x348px) Image search: [Google]
hyperstoneheist.png
199KB, 252x348px
So I replayed Hyperstone Heist for the first time since I was a kid a good decade ago and the game is just as fun as I remember, but MAN does it sound like garbage... it's like they took the sounds/music from Turtles in Time and stuck it in a garbage disposal for a bit, then used it as is. Just why Konami? I know you can make things sound awesome, you've done it so many times before...
>>
It was a quick cash in. Konami didn't really care about Sega.
>>
>>3749058
Turtles in Time is better playing, better looking, and better sounding.
And I grew up w/ Genesis
>>
>>3749058
>New York City shrunk down in size

So where are they standing?
>>
>>3749058
Name me 1 Japanese company which truly devoted itself to Genesis. That's right, nobody did that. Everyone stuck with Super Famicom, because 1) Nintendo were anti-competitor kikes and 2) their console outsold Mega Drive 5 to 1 in Japan.
>>
>>3749097
That's New York's son
>>
>>3749107
>Name me 1 Japanese company which truly devoted itself to Genesis.
Sega
>>
>>3749058
maybe if you like muffled duck sounds

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y-WcjYIup8U
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VO5TaLbxtys

>>3749107
>Name me 1 Japanese company which truly devoted itself to Genesis
treasure duh, not even a treasurefag. Also technosoft
>>
>>3749110
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GPH9qZ8yvLI

Segafags BTFO.
>>
>>3749110
>maybe if you like muffled duck sounds
Literally don't even know what you're getting at here. Neither of those sound muffled to the point that I legit don't know what side you are arguing for...
>>
>>3749114
cool ducks
>>
>>3749107
Besides Sega? Treasure, Tecnosoft, Namco, Masaya, and Toaplan. Admittedly a few of them also supported the PC Engine, but they were never really Nintendo supporters.
>>
>>3749121
>Namco, Masaya, Toaplan
>what is pce
>>
>>3749121
*Except for Namco, but they had a fallout with Nintendo at the time they supported the Genesis and TG16.
>>
>thinly-veiled SNES vs Genesis console war thread #18,549,313
>>
>>3749123
It's like you didn't read the whole post.
>>
>>3749128
It's like YOU didn't read the post you were replying to, retard
>which truly devoted itself to Genesis.
>>
>>3749129
And I already mentioned two, you easily triggered dickweed. Game Arts too if you're willing to count Sega CD. Either way, the premise that were no Japanese developers devoted to MD has been proven untrue.
>>
>>3749121
Should have phrased the question differently… But you win this time, /vr/.

Anyway, the BIG Japanese companies didn't really care about Genny that much. Take Capcom for example. A remake of Mega Man, late and a bit flawed SFII port, otherwise it's all ports of their SNES licensed games. Konami was a bit better in this regard with good Contra and Castlevania games, but otherwise, by pure numbers, they didn't push it either.
>>
>>3749171
Namco was pretty big back in the day. I would argue they rivaled Nintendo in terms of reach within the industry.
>>
>>3749330
I admit I know Namco's history poorly, but were they really big by the '90s? Pac-mania kinda faded by then. Don't know how big they were in the arcades, but I looked at their output on Genesis. Several Pac-Man games, several arcade ports of newer and older games; good stuff like Rolling Thunder and Splatterhouse (the latter would probably not see the light of day on SNES anyway); and several licensed titles.

So their Genesis library is not that big, especially since much of it is arcade ports. It's the same or bigger than their SNES output though.

I thought it was only later that they hit the jackpot again with PS1 and 2, and were riding off their '80s success into the '90s.
>>
>>3749171
How was Special Champion Edition flawed?
>>
>>3749371
Namco were always big in Japan. They even owned several game centers. The problem was that they really had much of a presence in the U.S. until they formed their Namco Hometek subsidiary in 1990.

>>3749931
Aside from less colorful graphics and different sound effects, I would argue the Super NES and Genesis ports were pretty close. If anything, the Genesis version of Special CE makes up for its shortcomings with additional game modes.
>>
>>3749943
>The problem was that they NEVER really had much of a presence in the U.S. until they formed their Namco Hometek subsidiary in 1990.
*fixed
Before Namco Hometek, their arcade and console games were published by other companies in the U.S.
>>
>>3749097
i think shredder just had a hard on for the borough of manhattan. they're probably chilling in brooklyn.
>>
>>3749126
People just can't let go of the past, they can't get over the fact their parents couldn't afford both systems.

Alternatively, 20-something hipsterd that grew up with PlayStation are now getting intro "le quirky le retro gayming" and they feel like also picking a "side" to show everyone else (online) how trve they are.

In both cases, both kind of people should perish and leave room for the ones who genuinely enjoy video games.
>>
>>3750052
>I like everything XD
Gas yourself
>>
>>3750054
Who are you quoting?

I nejoy games on both Mega Drive and SNES, but not every game on SNES, or every game on MD.

Get over your childhood nostalgia, anon.
Your parents couldn't afford both? Tough luck. You should be old enough now and you should be able to buy both systems. Oops, wait, forgot you're already too late now that collectors and hipsters jumped the bandwagon.

Welp, there's always other hobbies out there, did you try origami? It's cheap and cool.
>>
>>3750054
How does it feel being poor and having had a shit childhood?
>>
>>3750056
>>3750058

The worst part is, even if I can buy all the systems and games I want, even if I can emulate even arcades right now, I still can't go back in time and enjoy them as a kid again.
The traumas remain. Console wars never end.
>>
>>3750061
>Why are we still here?
>Just to suffer?
>Every night, I can see the gaming magazines... and the screenshots... even the TV commercials. The games I've never played... the consoles I never owned... won't stop teasing me... It's like they're all still there. You feel it, too, don't you? I'm gonna make them give back our childhood."
>>
>>3749058
better than turtles in time?
>>
>>3749110
Holy shit, both really sound like shit. I'm really glad the PS1 came out to save us from this mess.
>>
>>3750058
I'm just mad I never got to own Super Mario RPG
>>
>>3749095
SNES is better. Genesis is okay but just can not compete.
>>
>>3749058

Just play the arcade version ye fuckin eejit

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bvr8T-sutfA
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.