[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I need some help. I have pic related hooked up to a decent sound

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

I need some help.
I have pic related hooked up to a decent sound system, but no matter what I try, most of the games sound pretty bad. Definitely worse than I remember from when I was a kid.
Is there anything I can do with the EQ to do something about this weird "twangy warble" I keep hearing?
>>
>>3748235
Can you be more specific about that sound? Is it trebbly? Bassy? Midrange?
>>
File: Gen1HDG[1].jpg (375KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Gen1HDG[1].jpg
375KB, 1600x1200px
>>3748235
You should be using a model 1 genesis with the stereo audio port on the front of the console if you want better sound.
>>
Sounds like you have a Sega Genesis.
What is your specific complaint?
>>
File: 1461288334927.jpg (99KB, 792x396px) Image search: [Google]
1461288334927.jpg
99KB, 792x396px
The Model 2 Genesis consoles were known for their crappy sound quality. It depends on the guts it has inside. Pic related.
>>
>>3748235

If you have a soldering iron and don't mind doing some minor modding you can fix the chirpy bass and some of the hissing by removing a couple of resistors off the board. Some guy on sega-16.com's forums came up with the fix, it's posted in the mega thread for different Genesis versions.
>>
http://nerdlypleasures.blogspot.com/2017/01/sega-genesis-is-stinker-really-that-bad.html

Like the other guys said you got the wrong kind of genesis
>>
Sound on the VA3 and VA4 motherboard revisions is perfectly fine. Don't discount Model 2s out of hand without doing some research first.

>>3748247 shows a VA4 - note the two square cutouts on the smaller heatsink. These all have good audio and video. The VA3 has no cutouts (and the same good audio circuit) but the video encoder can be a crapshoot. Of course if you're using RGB the video encoder is irrelevant - it's only an issue for composite and RF output (and s-video if modded).
>>
File: Alice-facepalm_1.jpg (11KB, 218x219px) Image search: [Google]
Alice-facepalm_1.jpg
11KB, 218x219px
>>3748436
>heatsink

Derp. I meant RF shielding. Been a long day.
>>
>>3748235
>my genesis makes twangy warble fart noises
>>
>>3748589
>he can't get into late 80s arcade meets acid house sounds
>needs everything to sound like midi on a 90s PC

You Nintendrones are no fun.
>>
>>3748626
But you underage who are too new to know memes that are only a few months old are fun as fuck to bait.
>>
>>3748295
>chirpy bass
this

Take stage 7 "The Last Soul" from Streets of Rage for example. I listened on both of my Model 2s and the modded one had pleasurable bass, meanwhile the stock Model 2's bass sounded like a cricket was rubbing its legs together
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.