[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there any point at all in owning the first Stadium if

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

File: Pokemon_Stadium_2_(NA).png (786KB, 800x580px) Image search: [Google]
Pokemon_Stadium_2_(NA).png
786KB, 800x580px
Is there any point at all in owning the first Stadium if I already have this?
>>
If you like the multiplayer mini-games, I guess.
>>
It's compatible with more Pokemon gamrs
>>
As someone without either, which one should I get?

I heard 2 is hard to play without using a transfer pak.
>>
>>3747874
If u don't have Pokemon games don't get either
>>
The Lickitung game in 1 was the best.
>>
>>3747801
It uses slightly different mechanics, has the Pika/Petite Cups, and the Rentals use different moves.

The 2nd is overall better in my opinion, but everyone has different tastes.
>>
>>3747821
>>3747826

I ended up with both and may sell the first is why I asked. Truth be told, I just wanted a place to store my Gen 1 and 2 bros before their respective batteries died
>>
Does 2 have the Elite 4 and reward pokemon (starters, eevee, etc)?
>>
>>3747943
I forget about reward pokemon, but they have a WAY better gym leader castle by virtue of having both regions including the Team Rocket and Red fights.
>>
id like to play this on my android. Do you know any roms working?
>>
>>3748107
Yeah try the kill yourself faggot one
>>
>>3747801
Stadium 1 let's you teach your pikachu surf
>>
>>3749368
Thank you for disdaining phone emus brother.
>>
File: 1416247200073.jpg (52KB, 945x709px) Image search: [Google]
1416247200073.jpg
52KB, 945x709px
>>3747887
fuck you buddy.

the mini-games in 1. the mini-games. they should be the only reason to play this game, the rest is garbage.

does 2 have any?
>>
>muh mini-games
I never got why people cared about the mini-games in Stadium 1/2, for me the game works like a post-game for your gameboy games, if I wanted to play mini-games I would play Mario Party 2 or 3 instead.
>>
>>3747943
The rewards are way less interesting. A Gligar with Earthquake and a Farfetch'd with Baton Pass. No starters, no Eevees.
>>
>>3747801
Only real difference from what I remember is different mini games and a battle with Mewtwo.
>>
There are more battles to play.
>>
>>3750225
That's a good reason to own Stadium 1, then.
>>
File: shimama doesn't like it2.png (146KB, 375x383px) Image search: [Google]
shimama doesn't like it2.png
146KB, 375x383px
> only have yellow and stadium
> spent hours abusing long-range/ditto/missingno glitches
> backing up pokemon and items to Stadium
> restart to finish with a complete dex and no glitch residue from Missingno
> items are tied to the Trainer ID of the GB save file
> pokemon are not
> learned this yesterday

This was apparently changed in Stadium 2, so you can backup and transfer both items and pokemon between the same cartridge even if the file has been restarted.

I lost every TM, Nugget, and stat boosting item I had backed up... I can still complete the Pokedex in my new save, though.

Guess I gotta finally hunt down a copy of Stadium 2.
>>
>>3751728
You could get a Mega Memory Card and back up your saves that way. You'd need a second copy of Pokemon to restore to and another Game Boy for trading though. I just got one for backing up games if I need to change the save batteries. They actually save to flash memory so they're pretty damn cool.
>>
>>3751738
I've been looking into getting one of those, but I don't have a gameboy and haven't found any confirmation that they will work with either Stadium. I seem to remember reading somewhere that some of the flashcarts work but I can't recall which.
>>
>>3751751
Oh gotcha, I misread your comment. Yeah I have a feeling it will not work with Stadium, all it does it archive and restore the actual SRAM from GB carts to flash memory, it's not a 'flash cart' in the modern sense of the term. Very handy if you have a Game Boy(s) but not so much for stadium.
>>
>>3747801
Minigames, some other compatibilty options via transfer pak, and a few extras like the secret boss fight.

>>3747874
Both are fun, but yeah advancing on the leagues/cups without a transfer pak is HARD.

At least you can casually play with some buddies with the shitload of rental pokemon the game has. Or the minigames.

>>3750171
2 has plenty of minigames.
>>
>>3747801
I really like this game
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.