[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Some hero took the Sega CD versions of Popful Mail and Lunar

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 8

File: 5rd8s1.jpg (249KB, 800x568px) Image search: [Google]
5rd8s1.jpg
249KB, 800x568px
Some hero took the Sega CD versions of Popful Mail and Lunar: Eternal Blue and reverted their difficulty back to the Japanese versions: http://www.romhacking.net/forum/index.php/topic,23436.0.html
>>
I honest to god prerfer the American difficulty in Popful Mail
>>
so WD butchered the sega CD and ps1 versions of Lunar

if anyone played the PSP port, did that get the axe?
>>
File: clintbash2.jpg (22KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
clintbash2.jpg
22KB, 320x240px
>>3747703
The difficulty changes were meaningless in the end. It's the awful fucking translation that really needs a fix.
>>
>>3747726
>waa~ they rewrote what was effectively a poorly written lightnovel
...I'd take that shit over the lifeless literal translation bandai gave all three gagharv trilogy titles
>>
File: lunar-fuckyouvictorireland.png (14KB, 640x447px) Image search: [Google]
lunar-fuckyouvictorireland.png
14KB, 640x447px
>>3747742
Sorry I don't like Austin Powers and extended fart jokes shoehorned into my fantasy realm RPGs. This was a stupid choice, but ultimately doesn't impact much. The bad translation was far worse for it.
>>
File: Photo Oct 04, 8 31 02 PM.gif (2MB, 318x223px) Image search: [Google]
Photo Oct 04, 8 31 02 PM.gif
2MB, 318x223px
>>3747703
So I'm attempting to convert the bin/cues i have to iso. I'm following the guide that came with the patch files, but i have a question. I have a three bin files with my cue sheet for my copy of lunar. when i run bchunk do i need to enter each bin file into the command prompt to get a proper output file? I tried doing that and it didn't work, but when i only used one bin file it did...
>>
>>3747776
Well, to answer my own question, you probably cant name only one of the bin files. I just checked the file hash and it does not match the one provided in the readme. So, I don't know what i'm doing wrong. I check to make sure i didn't make any typing mistakes...
>>
Cool, I like the goofy translations but the difficulty always irked me, especially on Popful Mail. Hopefully they both work on hardware, gonna burn some cd-r's and try.
>>
Has anyone ever played the Japanese version of Albert Odyssey and Dragon Force in comparison to the English ones? Any changes to revert there?
>>
>>3747776
>>3747780

Well I decided to mount the bin/cue i had to a virtual drive and re-rip it to a format that bchunk can convert. But, I still cant get a proper hash after conversion.
>>
File: 1473351596479.png (471KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
1473351596479.png
471KB, 960x720px
>Giant wall of unformatted instructions
>xdelta
>WAV/CUE conversion mandatory

Jesus Fucking Christ, just upload the patched iso. It's not like anyone gives a shit.
>>
>>3747897
I also have a feeling the creator made the patches from shitty images he got off emuparadise or something. I'm using known good images and I can't get it to work.
>>
>still no PAL hack so the audio doesn't get desynced during the cutscenes
>>
>>3747909

Seriously, .WAV files with Sega CD images was standard like twelve fucking years ago when it was the only way Gens could play them, I don't even think Emuparadise has them formatted like that anymore. How this guy thought it was the standard I'll never know.
>>
So not a single person's got this to work yet, huh?
>>
I've gotten used to the American difficulty so I don't think I'd be able to even play the original version now.
>>
>>3747742
Who the hell even said that? They just need to put it closer on the mark. Don't be so black and white.
>>
File: tumblr_n42anr7ePk1sgi5mmo4_250.gif (633KB, 245x300px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n42anr7ePk1sgi5mmo4_250.gif
633KB, 245x300px
>>3747703
Eh, as someone who's not a fan of WD's style of localization I would prefer a fresh re-localization that's closer to the original (no weeb-isms or anything, just no cringy pop culture references) but I guess it's better than nothing.
>>
>>3748329

The author seems to imply that'll happen next if he gets a translator on board, but with how bad he fucked up releasing a difficulty patch maybe he shouldn't.
>>
>>3747726
Maybe someday someone with a load of time will actually translate the Japanese versions from scratch.

ISOs aren't always the easiest things to hack in the world in the first place. I just hope he moves on to Alundra after the Lunars.
>>
Does anyone know if they changed anything from Dragon Force on saturn, I know the translation isn't completely faithful but how about the gameplay? Did they make it easier? That game was damn easy anyway.
>>
They're bawwwwing about it over on gaijinworks.
>>
>>3748480
>>3747927

It's funny to see you getting this much salty just because you are too dumb to patch an iso file.

It's so easy I got it working , Sega CD iso files are all over the web and you obviously don't need the wav files to apply the patch so i'm not sure what you complain about.
>>
>>3749480
Why not share a link to a working patched iso
>>
>>3747703
>Working Designs jacked up the difficulty on Lunar to arguably unplayably frustrating levels for no readily apparent reason.
Nigga what? Even with the difficulty increase Lunar 2 is not a difficult game. I can see Lunn kicking your head in if you don't know that Doppel Dance counters chameleon and Blue Dragon Cave being a bit of a bastard but like I said, it's not a hard game.

Unplayably hard? Fucking hell.
>>
>>3747703
Anyone have a working ISO of Popful Mail? The ones I find all give me an error when I try to patch them.
>>
>>3747703
This is a great step forward. We just need someone to fix the awful translations on these games now.
>>
>Lunar TSS and EB get retranslated.
>Turns out to be a generic and dry jRPG script.
>Weebs and purists will still claim it is better than WD's translation.
>>
File: lunar sprite op.jpg (154KB, 2012x1180px) Image search: [Google]
lunar sprite op.jpg
154KB, 2012x1180px
>>3750327
>Turns out to be a generic and dry jRPG script.
This Japanese version is exactly that. If people want to see how great a more direct translation is they should play the gba version, Lunar Legend. After snoring through Ubisoft's script you'll understand why subsequent releases based their localizations off WD's.
>>
>>3751294

I read the Japanese text translations on Lunar Net, and the original scripts are mostly generic jRPG crap.
>>
>>3747927
Trust me emuparadise still has rips with wav. It still has plenty of rips with mp3.

I just downloaded a 100gb PC Engine CD torrent that has every game ripped into fucking cue/iso/ape. I'm not even sure if I know what to convert this shit back into so an emulator can use it.
>>
>>3751317
Go to Monkey's Audio page to grab the decoder to transform the APEs back into WAVs. APE was a really popular lossless format for quite a few years, up until FLAC got to version 1.2.1. Using a lossless format to compress the WAVs makes sense, since it saves you a lot of HDD space.
>>
>>3750327
Vic Ireland pls go
>>
>>3747721
PSP port was horrifically easy but it was that way in JP, too.
>>
>>3748269
You're either with me or you're a race traitor.
>>
>>3747726
The overall translation is actually pretty accurate to the tone of the original Japanese. It's just the pop culture jokes they threw in there that need to go.
>>
>>3751310
I played the actual games in Japanese, and the games are just as goofy in Japanese as they are in English except they don't have WD's terrible pop culture jokes.

Don't shit on the Japanese script unless you understand Japanese.
>>
>>3752862
Faggot weabo.
>>
>>3752862
teach me senpai
>>
>>3747703
Why were the boxes so big? Theft?
>>
>>3752875
It's weaboo with two o's, you neanderthal.
>>
>>3751317
>I'm not even sure if I know what to convert this shit back into so an emulator can use it.
ffmpeg will do pretty much any format to any other format, and it's available as a statically compiled binary for most platforms.
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.