[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Was there ever a game you enjoyed more the second time you played

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

File: download.jpg (16KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
16KB, 300x168px
Was there ever a game you enjoyed more the second time you played it? I borrowed this from a friend like, a year ago and I borrowed it again recently. I'm kinda poo at games, so maybe I liked it more because it wasn't close to as frustrating as the first time. Playing it again was amazing, definitely a top 10 game in my book now.
>>
Fallout is a game that's better on the second replay, I think. Your first time you're struggling with figuring out how to build a good character and with unintended consequences of your actions. The second play through where you actually know what you're doing is a lot smoother, and there's a good chance it'll be more fun since you'll understand the system well enough that you can build a character who is to your liking.
>>
>>3744404
what is it about this game that gives it such a retro feel?
>>
File: Legend_of_Dragoon.jpg (21KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
Legend_of_Dragoon.jpg
21KB, 256x256px
Yes, this because you can experience the plot from a whole new perspective once you know the secret of the black monster.
>>
That's how I felt about every Looking Glass game. The first playthrough is always a struggle to learn the controls and mechanics and rpg system. The next playthrough is playing on the highest difficulty and making full use of the rpg/simulation mechanics and is usually 10/10.
>>
I really enjoyed Super Metroid the second time I played it. I rented it when it first came out but for some reason didn't understand how some stuff worked....Can Metroid crawl?
Read about it in Nintendo Power later that summer and tried it again. Immediately loved it.
>>
File: 250px-Vagrantstorybox.jpg (24KB, 250x248px) Image search: [Google]
250px-Vagrantstorybox.jpg
24KB, 250x248px
I played the first area; couldn't get into it.
But 2 years later I tried it again and played it nonstop.
>>
File: 14126214352173.jpg (280KB, 1608x1796px) Image search: [Google]
14126214352173.jpg
280KB, 1608x1796px
>>3745298
>>
>>3744404
>ever a game you enjoyed more the second time you played it?
Definitely would have to be NiGHTS into Dreams. First play thru I felt it was just "okay" and thought it was a neat experience at best. Couple years later I replayed it with the 3d controller and tried for all "A" ranks. It made a huge difference. Once you git gud it's a fantastic game that plays very smooth.
>>
>>3745536
How do you feel about the Wii NiGHTS?
>>
>>3745520

Exactly this. Even the two years time in between. Did I post this and forgot?
>>
>>3745542
Hated it. It was a day one purchase and a day two return.
>>
>>3745298

>Can Metroid crawl

>>
>>3744404

Chrono Trigger
> replayed many times

>>3745528
This is the reason I never played this game.
It has many fans but I never got past the first few screens, promptly took it back to the game rental.

"this thing sucks"

Felt the same way ever since then.
>>
>>3746070
Its exploration and cryptic with some of the moves you do. The morph ball when you get the item tells you how to use it... those kids probably skipped the text.

The advanced moves like spineshark and wall jumping they show you how to do it at certain points with the animals, but dont explain the buttons or timing. You just have to pratice and well... git gud.

Its an excellent game, probably just not your type of game.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.