[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does /vr/ approve of the PSP's emulation abilities? >Genesis/MD

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2

File: psp.jpg (50KB, 570x276px)
psp.jpg
50KB, 570x276px
Does /vr/ approve of the PSP's emulation abilities?

>Genesis/MD
>NES
>GBC
>PS1

that's just what I use, there's probably more. Some SNES games work, but it's not very reliable. Other than that, I've only had minor graphical glitches from pretty much anything I've tried.

Any of you guys use one?

also not /vr/ but GBA emulation is damn good too
>>
it's OK, but it's still emulation and even some basic essentials on genesis like sonic 2 do not run correctly.
>>
>>3741815

I beat Sonic 2 on a PSP. Do you use PicoDrive?
>>
>>3741808
>Genesis/MD
Picodrive has poor sound emulation, runs slow with vsync on.

>NES
NesterJ is very good. No noteworthy problems.

>GBC
MasterBoy seems to work just fine, no problems I'm aware of.

>PS1
More or less perfect since it uses Sony's own emulator. Games that use the full compliment of buttons on the PS1 pad may be a bit awkward, but the controls can be remapped.

Further info:
http://emulation.gametechwiki.com/index.php/Emulators_on_PSP
>>
>>3741850

How is that MSX emulator?
>>
>>3741824
did you avoid all of the special stages?
>>
>>3741880

yes
>>
>>3741867
I haven't tried it myself, so I have no idea. In general, emulators of 8-bit machines work well.
>>
>>3741808
I bought a Mirco SD adapter for mine, I wish the n64 emulation was better, but it does everything really well other than that.
>>
>>3741883
hop in one next time.
>>
>>3741937
The special stages are garbage though.
>>
I tried emulating Alien Soldier but the counter showed 50/50 FPS

tried emulating the japan version since the european release seems tohave that problem that but it still shows 50 PFS
>>
File: 20170116_232601.jpg (2MB, 2592x1944px) Image search: [Google]
20170116_232601.jpg
2MB, 2592x1944px
I like it, one question tho, has anyone managed to play daggerfall on a psp? I was looking into it and i was wondering if its possible before i start trying to make it work myself
>>
>>3741850
>PS1
>more or less perfect since it's Sony's own
If you can boot Rollcage Stage II I'll suck your dick
>>
>>3741808
It was fucking tits in 2004
>>
>>3742423

Nice. I tried Super Metroid out on mine but didn't play much of it. It run smoothly? And is that SNES9x?
>>
There's definitely better stuff out now for portable emulation, but PSP is still solid for a lot of systems, and it's cheap and easy to find. SNES is by far the most spotty, but not as bad as people make it sound.

>>3742556
I just beat SM a couple days ago on mine. It runs great, biggest issue I had were minor graphical glitches.
>>
>>3742556
That's zero mission pleb
>>
>>3741808
I use mine all the time, love it. Maybe not the absolute best but they're reasonably priced and easy to hack. Snes is kind of a mixed bag, other then rpgs I don't reccomend it but everything else you listed runs good enough in my experience. Not retro but gba runs beautifully on it as well.
>>
to those who emulate SNES on your PSP, any more titles you tried out and worked fine?

I tried rendering ranger, Hagane, King of Demons and castlevania IV and all of them ran fine, dont know how well the later mode 7 stage will work however on castlevania

final fantasy VI ran super slow, and run saber had fucked up music
>>
>>3742889

Just tried smash tv, magical popn and even link to thr past

All fine for now. Need further testing
>>
>>3742556
This is Zero Mission , but I have played SM to on it , as >>3742612 said , minor glitches but they arent game breaking , and yes I use SNES9x but an older version I think , the latest one would refuse to play SM for some reason
>>
>>3742889
Megaman X, Megaman 7, Megaman and Bass, Clock Tower, Metal Warriors, Nobunaga's Ambition, Romancing SaGa 3, DoReMi Fantasy, Umihara Kawase and The Legend of The Mystical Ninja all work perfectly.
>>
>>3741808
Seeing how SNES runs on PSP discouraged me a little.

Now my o3DS is my retro portable emulator since it runs everything my PSP runs better, except for PS1.
That's the only thing I'm emulating in PSP.
>>
>>3741808
I absolutely love it for pretty much 100% PS1 compatibility. It was impressive back then, and it is still impressive.
PSP is a nice little device that has been in my life for more than 10 years, and it still outclasses some modern devices (especially if you consider native PSP games, both /vr/ remakes and non-/vr/ stuff).
Shame SNES and GBA emulation is not perfect.
>>
>>3742612
>There's definitely better stuff out now for portable emulation
Any recommendations? I'm mostly looking for PSP-tier PS1 emulation, but Megadrive with good sound and accurate SNES emulation would be good as well.
Build quality is important as well. I still use my launch fat PSP, only had to replace stick and battery, it's built like a tank.
>>
>>3743257
3DS is alright but the D-pad could be a lot better.

How's vita emulation?
>>
>>3742889
Everything works that ain't using a high end special chip, like Kirby Super Star or Star Fox.
>>
>>3743460

thats not entirely true, sadly, contra 3 doesnt have a special chip as far as I know and the first top-view boss is all fucked
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.