[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Following the discovery of the source code for Turok: Dinosa

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 6

File: maxresdefault.jpg (96KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
96KB, 1280x720px
Following the discovery of the source code for Turok: Dinosaur Hunter and other assets on the SGI Indy computers recovered from the Acclaim Entertainment bankruptcy, they will be auctioned on eBay "with a portion of the proceeds going to charity."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BbvL-qb0YS4
>>
>>3741530
Didn't that fat fuck assembler have all the acclaim shit? He's probably gonna snap this one up too and we'll never get to see it

Oh well at least there's Kaiser's remake
>>
>>3741546

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qt4HVLe9m2A
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I5f4-aADR_0

Yep, apparently he isn't doing anything with them.
>>
>>3741530
What's with all the dislikes on the video?

i'm guessing fans are angry about something
>>
How did he acquire all that?

>>3741546
>Oh well at least there's Kaiser's remake

Watch it become useless.
>>
Yeah I think I understand the backlash now. Whoever gets this stuff will either put it all up for the internet to enjoy and ogle at or just hoard it. Hoarders have always been gay, and this stuff is better left in the hands of those eccentric open source programmer types

>I know, I'll just keep 20 year old relics around, call my mom's basement a museum and charge people admission to come and look at my stuff. That's using your noggin!
>>
>>3741530
this mean we will have:
-shadow men modding community
-turok map editor
-turok rage wars online mp
>>
>>3745432
>implying that responsible people will be winning the auctions
>>
>>3745432
No, this means that a rich collector is going to store the drives in his basement and wank all over the content.
>>
>>3742595
>that background song
A faggot AND an anime fan, who woulda thought.
>>
>>3745432
Or some guy will smash up the machine containing the source code
>>
>>3742595
>>3741530
How do people get shit like this? Like, the one guy obviously has at least some knowledge about the contents of the CDs, which implies he had a good understanding of what he was buying.
>>
>>3745602
Publisher goes bankrupt. Auctions assets. Guy buys to resell.
>>
>>3745642
My little anon can't be this baiter.
>>
>>3745645

Good.

I hope a hoarder gets it and squirrels it away, just to piss off all the newbie fad collectors and YouTube kiddies. Hold that shit and only release it when prices in the market go back down to normal. Otherwise, with all the tardarinos running around and overpaying for everything, why give away anything for free? You're missing out on even more money. Or, better yet, start running "donations" or open up a Patreon for people to fund your hoarding under the guise of preservation and toss them a YouTube video every now and then but never actually release anything because of a claimed fear of legal reprisal.

(Reposted with typo correction.)

And no, I'm dead serious. Now that games have become a precious commodity, what motivation does one have to release stuff for free to an ungrateful public? And I say this as someone who spent a lot on an undumped build of a certain popular SFC game and released it for free.
>>
File: Slappysquirrel.jpg (30KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Slappysquirrel.jpg
30KB, 640x480px
>>3745653
Get a grip, kid.
>>
File: BxmYjFpCIAAtBAx.jpg (10KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
BxmYjFpCIAAtBAx.jpg
10KB, 600x400px
>>3745653
>>
>>3745671
>>3745674

If you care so much, buy it and release it yourself. Or buy it and keep it for yourself. He seems to already be auctioning off some of the SGIs on ebay.
>>
>>3745696
I couldn't care less, I just think you're a jerkoff.
>>
>>3745701

Keen observation. Go bitch at the people holding data hostage for money (or in some cases releasing just VIDEOS of that data for money), making a profit off the works of other people. That's where the prototype "scene" is going, like it or not.
>>
>>3745705
K dude I'll keep that in mind. You're still a jerkoff.
>>
>>3745705
You are the maddest anon itt though, and nobody knows why
>>
File: Capture.png (11KB, 385x81px)
Capture.png
11KB, 385x81px
>>3741530
Lol
>>
>>3741546
Assembler is waiting for the prices to peak so he can make millions off his hoarded USA 64DDs.
>>
>>3741530
holy shit this guy is fucking cringe, kys
>>
>>3745708

Just keepin' it real, holmes.
>>
>>3745653

You have a point but it's stupid to complain about it. If you care that much you should buy it.
>>
>>3741546
Yes and you're right he'll buy this stuff to.

Enjoy being assmad about it poorfags.
>>
File: here it comes.jpg (21KB, 358x312px) Image search: [Google]
here it comes.jpg
21KB, 358x312px
>>3741530
>>
>>3741546
Is that the same guy who bought the Black Isle assets (Infinity Engine source code etc) in order to sit on them and prevent any non-Fats from ever seeing or working with them?
>>
>>3745653
If you're in this because you want a grateful public, you're in the wrong hobby by a factor of six million
>>
>>3741530
so instead of illegal realse it on the internet hes going to illegal sell it for a vastly overpriced amount give 1 percent of it to charity while laughing all the way to bank
this guy and people like him should be stoned
>>
>>3747172

Yes, that's just the way it is. I see the arguments for and against on both sides, but at the end of the day, I really don't get people who bitch at others to release stuff for free. What motivation does one have to do that? And, on the other, I don't get people who pay oodles of money for this stuff and make no effort to preserve them or just view them as trophy pieces, or people who try to make a profit off of other people's unfinished and/or unreleased games. Damned if you do, damned if you don't.
>>
File: 1478657744007.png (66KB, 554x400px)
1478657744007.png
66KB, 554x400px
>>3745653
>You're missing out on even more money. Or, better yet, start running "donations" or open up a Patreon for people to fund your hoarding under the guise of preservation and toss them a YouTube video every now and then but never actually release anything because of a claimed fear of legal reprisal.
>Mfw I'm actually subscribed to a guy who does exactly this
On the flipside PtopOnline actually does very good research on cancelled shit so i don't mind not actually having the broken game available for download
>>
>>3747291

That's your call, people can do what they want.

Also, in the near future there'll be at least one very early version of The Lion King (SNES) up on hidden-palace for free download.

...Don't tell Disney.
>>
>>3747273
>I really don't get people who bitch at others to release stuff for free.
Not him, but if there was a legal channel to sell this material, then I wouldn't complain either.

The guy in the OP knows exactly what he is doing, and is not doing it for the preservation of the code. He's doing it because he thinks that he can make a lot of money while pretending to be for the preservation of this code. It's the worst of both worlds, and he's trying to pretend he's taking the moral high ground by doing so like a tosser.

Twenty year old code written for N64's RISC architecture is likely not very valuable at this point, anyway. The #1 reason anyone would want the code is for the educational purpose. It's not like someone is going to recompile the game on a development board they also just happen to own in order to play Dinosaur Hunter nor is it likely someone is going to spend their time to make the original Dinosaur Hunter run on x86 when the port already exists.
>>
>>3747190
This just in, it's now illegal to sell your own property on the internet!
>>
It's fun to daydream about robbing proto hoarders and dumping everything they own. I might seriously consider it when I'm older and have a lot less to lose.
>>
>>3748090
I pay for your M3T3K tapes.
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.