[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

why doesnt this shit work? what the fuck im so mad i have a

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

File: 1464254365289.png (21KB, 829x169px) Image search: [Google]
1464254365289.png
21KB, 829x169px
why doesnt this shit work? what the fuck im so mad

i have a perfectly powerful computer but this shit crashes whenever it feels like and it wont recognize half of my perfectly functional roms

fuck this shit
>>
>>3736270
are you asking for help or just complaining
either way sux2bu
>>
>>3736274
>are you asking for help or just complaining

Both

I've followed the setup guide on their own damn website but this thing still
>crashes randomly when loading some roms or just whenever
>doesnt recognize my USB controller half the time
>doesnt load all my roms into its database when i tell it too
>>
Download the BIOS pack and put it in system folder so you have all the BIOS files.

http://emulation.gametechwiki.com/index.php/Emulator_Files#Multi-System

Also, make sure CUE sheets are not invalid and point to incorrect file names or paths.
>>
>>3736270
Retroarch has the most autistic devs anyone has ever seen.

They basically reeeeeeeeeeeeeee 24/7
>>
>>3736270
>using a memulator
>>
>>3736279
>crashes randomly when loading some roms or just whenever
See above.

>doesnt recognize my USB controller half the time
Does that controller have an autoconfigure profile? If so it will be configured automatically when detected and will display a message on the OSD. If it doesn't, then you have to map the pad manually.

>doesnt load all my roms into its database when i tell it too
They probably don't have matching CRCs with what's in the database. Right now they use No-Intro dats for scanning, so only No-Intro ROMs would be added. It's possible to create custom playlists that have non-verified ROMs though.
>>
>>3736326

>he hasn't seen some of the MAME devs

Emulation filled with autism everywhere you look.
>>
>>3736330
>It's possible to create custom playlists that have non-verified ROMs though.

Mind elaborating on this? If there's a link, please link it. I'd like to check this out.
>>
>>3736270
Because it's shit. It's a sperglord front end for emulators that would work much better on their own. It's a good concept in theory. But in reality a shit ass aspie rectal abortion.
>>
>>3736339
There's several different scripts and programs out there but the easiest tool is probably this Javascript based thing

https://github.com/marcrobledo/RetroArch-Playlist-Builder

See also:
http://www.lakka.tv/doc/Playlists/
>>
>>3736346
Works good for me. It gets less input lag than others thanks to some options that optimize graphics buffering and it displays everything flawlessly to my CRT setup.
>>
>>3736296
Thanks
>>
>>3736353
>the wife and i
Where do you live that allows 12 year olds to marry?
>>
>>3736270
This is one of those few things that just works

How can you goof this hard
>>
>>3736279
>>doesnt load all my roms into its database when i tell it too

You can and should add your games manually by editing the playlists with a notepad. It's so easy even a toddler could do it.
>>
>>3736350
Thanks, anon.
>>
>>3736456
Not sure if trolling or if I I should fear the immanent uprising of our toddler overlords
Pretty sure I'm safe and it's just a tard showing off how it learned how to tie it's shoes yesterday.
>>
>>3736346
The correct answer. Shit, the fucking UI for this thing alone is an infuriating spergfest instead of just going with those that work for every other emu. Fuck that shit.
>>
>>3736326
go be funny somewhere else
>>
>>3736665
I don't see what the problem with the UI is, it's just a controller driven menu.
>>
>>3737752
Were you born blind or did you loose your sight later?
>>
>>3736270
>>3736296
I agree with the bios information, but when it comes to PSX games, i strongly suggest downloading eboot files at emuparadise. They're actually made for the PSP, but work with most emulators. No cue sheets, and multi-disc games are combined into one file. Games like Final Fantasy 7.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.