[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I finally got around to soft-modding my wii for emulation, and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 6

I finally got around to soft-modding my wii for emulation, and pic related is so goddamn awkward for playing retro.

Is there a better option? Maybe something resembling a snes or a dualshock?
Any recommendations?

>inb4 google
>>
Official NES Classic Controller
Official SNES Classic Controller
GameCube Hori Pad
Wii Classic Controller
Wii Classic Controller Pro
>>
You kind of are creating a fight so good bait if that was your intention.

Both the Classic controllers are quite traditionally laid out but they plug into the Wiimote and introduce perceptible lag

There are adapters that let you use legit retro controllers on Gamecube and so also on a Wii's Gamecube ports. The quality and efficiency of these vary wildly,
>>
Get a classic controller?

For NES games I just turned the wii remote on it's side, it just felt so natural to me.
>>
>>3733106
>>3733109
Fuck. I forgot we are all autists here. I don't know how I had that kind of lapse in judgment.

I'm looking for a wired alternative to the standard GC controller. Anything non-RPG is unplayable with a wiimote, and the GC is messing me up on a lot of snes and some nes games.
>>
I know nintendont lets you use any usb controller for playing gamecube games, so that's a possibility. I think I have read about Retroarch Wii having the same ability if you go through some hoops, but I haven't tried it yet and it sure didn't work out of the box, at least not on the version I used.
Playstation to gamecube adapters also exist.
The Classic controller is ok but when I tried playing Kirby Superstar with it, during any part that required precise input, it was the only time in my life I ever actually noticed input lag. Then again it's fine for most games.
>>
File: 347637.gif (1MB, 1456x1098px) Image search: [Google]
347637.gif
1MB, 1456x1098px
>>3733101
>soft-modding my wii for emulation
what method did you use? did you use steps online or from a particular video? any problems? thinking about doing this myself.

you can still pop in wii discs and play them as usual right?

>>3733106
prob get a wii classic so you'll be good to go with n64 games as well

the gamecube hori looks awesome but is rare and is expensive as hell

i use og gamecube controllers for my gameboy player games like mario etc., i didn't like it too much at first but got used to it quickly. i wish they made the d-pad just a little bit bigger.
>>
>>3733134
http://www.raphnet-tech.com/products/snes_to_wii/index.php

here you go you fuggin idot
>>
>>3733106
>hori pad
Close. Anything like that where the X and Y aren't cockeyed?
>>
>>3733137
I followed a video. It was a couple weeks ago and I don't have the link handy.
It was mostly just a bunch of file swapping with an SD card. It didn't screw up any normal system functions.

>>3733139
Not that I wouldn't drop $30 on an adapter like that, but have you used one? Is it any good?
>>
PS2-to-Gamecube adapter is pretty cheap. Classic controllers are pretty decent too. If you're into arcade sticks the MC Cthulhu mobo is $25 now.
>>
>>3733170
Raphnet makes the best adapters you can find, bro. No joke.

>>3733142
Don't spend over $100 for one of these unless a collector. They are way, way over-priced, even if they are comfy.

>>3733182
/thread
>>
>>3733170
I just got one a few months ago and it works great. All my old SNES controllers are kind of shit though.
>>
>>3733170

I can vouch for Raphnet, works super good, no lag at all. Just wish it was fucking cheaper.
>>
>>3733101

Wii Classic Controller Pro is the GOAT controller.
>>
>>3733101
Get an adapter, or make one if your not and underagetardfag. I have an off the shelf DS adapter that works pretty well. I mostly use a multi system adapter zero lag attiny device but that's overkill for what you need.
>>
You can get unofficial Wii Classic Controllers and Classic Controller Pro's that plug into the Gamecube ports. They're basically Gamecube controllers with a normal button layout.
>>
>>3734651
I have a few of these. They work well and feel very solid. They're roughly $8-$12 new.
>>
File: thrustmaster.jpg (82KB, 1020x902px) Image search: [Google]
thrustmaster.jpg
82KB, 1020x902px
I use a thrustmaster for 2D games on Gamecube. It's small, but it works just fine.
>>
>>3735231
Holy shit! Are they still in business?

Thrustmaster Firestorm or some shit used to be my jam back in the day. Hah, I though it was the ultimate pc gamepad for emulation just because it had just retarded amounts of buttons. Pic related.
>>
File: NES30-Pro.jpg (59KB, 841x316px) Image search: [Google]
NES30-Pro.jpg
59KB, 841x316px
>>3733101
I use meme-related.
It actually works really well, feels nice with decent buttons and has a plethora of features I'll never use.
>>
>>3735315
>emulating EB completes me
>>
File: firestorm dpads.jpg (69KB, 550x500px) Image search: [Google]
firestorm dpads.jpg
69KB, 550x500px
>>3735298
They sure seem to be, someone still is needed for making joysticks.

That was an awesome line of gamepads. The Dpads were iffy though, first they were rather sharp leaving my thumb sore after some maybe intense play sessions, and then wobbly, which I guess was worse.
>>
>>3735315
I've heard those are pretty good.
>>
>>3733101
most emulators on Wii support USB gamepads
Nintendont too
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.