[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What would you change or improve that would be within the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 8

File: Threads_of_Fate_Coverart.png (140KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
Threads_of_Fate_Coverart.png
140KB, 256x256px
What would you change or improve that would be within the system limits?
>>
I'd make Rue more interesting

Other than that, nothing. I fucking love this game.
>>
File: Threads_of_Fate_(PSX)_09.jpg (50KB, 512x414px) Image search: [Google]
Threads_of_Fate_(PSX)_09.jpg
50KB, 512x414px
I always thought the MP potions looked like hamburgers.
>>
probably just expand on the situational utility of Mint's fuckton of spells or Rue's transformations by including extra areas and enemies.
>>
Rue shouldnt forget transformations, and should be able to transform into bosses for short periods of time.

Also I'd flesh out the equipment system and add elements to gear, requiring you to switch things up sometimes.

Last but not least, Rod and Maya get unlocked as playable characters that replace Rue and Mint during a file's second playthrough. No it doesn't make sense with the story, but it'd be fun as fuck. (Instead of transforming, Rod switches weapons. He can also summon Johnny Wolf to aid him)
>>
File: PSD3D056.png (150KB, 600x480px) Image search: [Google]
PSD3D056.png
150KB, 600x480px
More panty shots.
>>
I'm not a game designer. But the treasures you picked up were useless.
>>
OP thanks for reminding me of this game, I should play it again.

>>3732079
>Last but not least, Rod and Maya get unlocked as playable characters that replace Rue and Mint during a file's second playthrough. No it doesn't make sense with the story, but it'd be fun as fuck.
Just make it something like Richter playthrough in SOTN I guess.
>>
I love this game very much, but I think Rue is very boring to play as. Mint is pretty much perfect, although I wish there were more opportunities to test the higher level spells out. I did an interview with the director/creator of the game, he's a very good guy and still wants to make a sequel like the third ending teases.
>>
File: 9zsjX.jpg (49KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
9zsjX.jpg
49KB, 640x480px
How about instead of Rod we get Duke mode. He plays like Rue but instead of actual transformations he gets silly costumes of the all the monsters
>>
>>3732627
duke/Belle mode would have been great. They're a lot of fun. Duke could have a sort of style switcher and Belle just a sort of alternate Mint.
>>
File: Mira.png (29KB, 293x438px) Image search: [Google]
Mira.png
29KB, 293x438px
>>3732625
>I did an interview with the director/creator of the game, he's a very good guy and still wants to make a sequel like the third ending teases.

Okay I want details. How'd you get him to sit down for an interview and is it available to read anywhere

>>3732638

I love all the characters in this game to bits. Would love to see this get a show or something
>>
>>3732658
http://www.gatheryourparty.com/2015/10/14/interview-with-koji-sugimoto-director-of-threads-of-fate/

Sugimoto still works at Square, the actual interview process was a lot of fun, he's an absolute perfectionist. He was hired for programming pseudo-3D elements and effects for chrono trigger, and of course was crucial to the studios transition to 3D games. He unfortunately works on mobile games these days, but still shares threads of fate related things like cosplay and occasionally puts threads of fate easter eggs in his mobile games. I was tempted to ask him about Duo Princess but I did not want to be disrespectful.
>>
>>3732665
I forgot how soon his birthday was. I should make a little present for him.
>>
>>3732665

Good read, he sounds like a right decent fellow. That big about wanting to make a game for kids really stood out to me. I wish more developers had that idea. Simpler stories can still be engaging with their own complexities and I remember a lot of minor ToF characters way better than I do say even some major ones from Xenogears.

Though I was always someone who preferred the hobbit to the lord of the rings books
>>
>>3732704
panzer dragoon saga was a better xenogears than xenogears anyway. You should find him on twitter and for his birthday send a little message to him. I think that would be a really nice gesture. His English isn't great (he had a translator at SE tidy up his English for our interview), but he would absolutely understand it. I'm going to draw him a picture.
>>
>>3732456
You're supposed to give them to the townspeople for discounts.
>>
>>3732665

Thanks for sharing. I love this game so any more info on it is very appreciated.

I think I'll send him a picture of Mint I drew a while ago for his birthday.
>>
Buff Mint more so she isn't a weak sack of crap who can't don't anything.
>>
>>3732843
Mint can literally beat the shit out of anything else in the game, by the end she's by far more overpowered than any other character that shows up.
>>
>>3732843

Are you fucking kidding right now m8
>>
>>3732720
Thats what I said. useless.
>>
>>3731808

NO FUCKING PLATFORM LEVELS
>>
>>3735756
You're talking about fancy Mel's right? That place got to me. I remember playing it while sick. All the florescent pink and fast pace music, I thought my brain was melting. And I kept dying at the same spot.
>>
>>3736886
I love that part of the game no joke

It's like the game just turns into Klonoa for no fucking reason
>>
>>3731818
>I'd make Rue more interesting

Did we play the same game? I remember Rue's reveal during the late-game to be mind-blowing. Been a long time though...
>>
>>3736963
His motives could be stronger. He didn't have much of a personality. When he learned his truth, I wish it was more of a source of conflict for him.
It didn't really bother him. You know, fight his nature.
>>
>>3737565
Why would it bother him though? He had a really honest personality that wasn't influenced much by becoming civilized and burdened with any preconceptions or anything. He just wanted to save the person he loved.

People who force drama onto the stories and characters and desire conflict and violence haven't lived it enough in real life. What would the game be like if they were like self-loathing final fantasy characters? It would have been annoying to me.
>>
>>3737715
If not conflict then suspense. Otherwise story's aren't worth telling.
>>
>>3732691
His birthday is on the same date as me. Destiny.
>>
>>3738078

Disagree
>>
>>3737565
>>3738078
You watch too much annie mays you know that?
>>
File: download.jpg (8KB, 183x275px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
8KB, 183x275px
>>3738335
Oh Puh leez. Take a writing class. Its fundamental storytelling.
>>
>>3739138
I mean its for the audiences sake. You know, give them something to empathize with. With Rue, we barely know his circumstances or motives. Claire took him in. She died. He vows to bring her back. Why? Who cares?

It has a lot of potential. Its just wasted because it all comes out at the end. His purpose was to ressurect his master. Basically Claire became his master when she took him in. Rue was still following his programming. Idk. When you think about it, its not the kind of story where he gained a conscious or anything. He is a doll in multiple senses of the word, and never had much volition. I think there should have been more take way with prima doll. You know, soul searching.
>>
>>3739138
no offense but you sound like a shit writer if you buy into that kind of shit instead of forming your own philosophical agenda
>>
>>3739175
>Claire took him in. She died. He vows to bring her back. Why?
are you being serious right now
>>
>>3739181
>these paradigms are 1000 years old
>I can do better.
thats cute.

I'd love to see the Japanese transcript and see how much was lost in translation.
>>
Niggas in this thread channeling their inner Joseph Cambell hard, yo. I jes be playin games an shiet.
>>
>>3739209
>I'd love to see the Japanese transcript and see how much was lost in translation.
ahahahahahahaha,
every time.

you're just not going to find literary masterwork in a jRPG. at best what you'll get is some weird jokes and some dialect changes to reflect personalities.

Rue is a blank slate, he was made to be that way because he's supposed to be the host body for that wizard asshole's reincarnation. He's also a 100% complete homunculus, his brain is fully developed and capable of forming memories, and when he wakes up that's what happens. He starts learning and making his own memories and forming an identity, and in doing so he ends up becoming more human than the selfish wizard asshole who made him, because he understands such things as tenderness, loss, longing, companionship.

Things you would have learned if not for your autism.
>>
>>3739215
Mircea Eliade is the real shit nigga
>>
>>3739225
No not that. I just expect some grain of clarity in their motives, and there were plenty of opportunities to foreshadow the Dolls of Valen.

Also, you're mixing up the Aeon Valen with the Wizard who made Prima Doll. Rue wasn't suppose to be a host, Rue was suppose to use the Dewprism, and the shard in his forehead, to make the perfect body for Valen soul. Rue made a body for Claire, and Valen possessed that.
Rucien (doll master) couldn't because his shard didn't have any power.
>>
>>3739263
Prima Doll was a knock off of Valen's Dolls designed to open Valen's fortress.

Because they picked up Prima Doll in an "Atelier" I suspect "Wizard" should have been translated as "Alchemist". It'd be interesting if Fancy Mel was the same Alchemist who made Prima Doll. She knew how to open the box and it's implied she's very old, at least as old as the dragon.
All the characters are connected, I think Mel would be closer to this than it would first appear.
>>
File: SDAvK.jpg (52KB, 865x488px) Image search: [Google]
SDAvK.jpg
52KB, 865x488px
>>3739290
She also has something that looks like a Shard of the Dew Prism. It it wasn't for the fact that Rue, Ruenis, and Ruecian all have a name pattern, white hair, and gem on their forehead. I'd suspect she was a doll herself.

Oh scratch that >>3739290
They specifically called it'd Elroy's Atelier in the English version.

Guys. I'm just looking for more under the surface. Can you blame me?
>>
>>3739263
>Rue made a body for Claire, and Valen possessed that.
The body Rue made for her is the same kind of body as his minus the gem.
>>
>>3739310
Mel's name in the Japanese version is Meru.
There might be something to it, with the recurring "ru"
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.