[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it worth de-yellowing old consoles with a solution like retr0brite

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_1837.jpg (178KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1837.jpg
178KB, 1600x1200px
Is it worth de-yellowing old consoles with a solution like retr0brite or will it hurt them in the long run? According to some people, it will make the plastic more brittle.
>>
Why would you even want to do that? Does an antique have to look like new?
>>
>>3731464
It does over time but that requires a lot of applications. The insides will die off long before the plastic reaches the point it gets actual damage.

>>3731483
Shouldn't you be shitposting on a tech support forum with your shitty chibi anime avatar or something?
>>
>>3731464
The brittle plastic comes mostly from people who used straight bleach. The large O atoms get replaced by small Cl atoms and make the structure less sturdy. Retrobrite was specifically formulated to lessen that effect. But remember that it's only temporary.
>>
>>3731485
>Shouldn't you be shitposting on a tech support forum with your shitty chibi anime avatar or something?
What are you trying to tell me?
>>
>>3731540
Because you asked "y do u wnt 2 do that?" instead of answering the question like an autistic retard on a tech support forum
>>
>>3731552
I wanted to know why he wants to do it in the first place.
>>
>>3731557
because it looks better?
>>
>>3731558
To me it doesn't.
>>
>>3731559
Nobody asked you for your opinion.
>>
>>3731561
I asked for his.
Do you really think the grey and purple looks better than gold and wine?
>>
>>3731464
No its not worth it and these look like shit. Find a better one...keep it out of the sun.
>>
>>3731568
Yes, teeth stain yellow looks like garbage. Especially when only the top or bottom half does it.

OP, unless you are playing catch with your snes over concrete ground you will not see the plastic get more brittle.
>>
>>3731568
yes
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.