[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So, I've been watching a lot of Stryder7x's videos

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: 1484013914491.png (388KB, 1131x811px) Image search: [Google]
1484013914491.png
388KB, 1131x811px
So, I've been watching a lot of Stryder7x's videos on YouTube, specifically his paper Mario glitches and exploits of the game. Does anyone have other channels that cover the mechanics and glitches of retro games?
>>
/Our guy/ pannenkeok
https://www.youtube.com/user/pannenkeok2012/videos
>>
That kind of stuff is so specialized that it's on a game-by-game basis. Watch speed runners.
>>
>>3731009
>That kind of stuff is so specialized that it's on a game-by-game basis.
That's what makes it fun though.

I wish every game had its own 'pannenkoek'.
>>
>>3731086
Pretty much every game that isn't complete shit or totally broken has a speedrun posted. If they're good enough to be really competitive usually some glitches get discovered pretty fast.
>>
>>3731089
Speedrunners don't break the game down into literal bits and explain how and why everything works like >>3730957 and >>3730964
>>
>>3731103
They do it they just don't usually explain it, lest they help other speedrunners beat them but if you study their runs you'll see them doing it.
>>
>>3731152
Show me a speedrunner that talks about the mechanics behind the characters' blinking.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yvxdLH1ejaA
>>
>>3731161
Blinking isn't a glitch or an exploit so it's off topic for the thread and moving the goal posts. I'm not arguing that The N64s first and second party 3D platformers haven't been exhaustively scrutinized I'm saying there are a lot more games out there to learn about glitches in, which I think is what OP was asking.
>>
>>3731189
>off topic for the thread

>Does anyone have other channels that cover the mechanics and glitches of retro games?
>the mechanics
Blinking is a mechanic, and as the video shows it's pretty clearly defined and not just a random thing.
>>
>>3731192
It's an aesthetic
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.