[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do people never talk about this game? Best game on the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_2643.png (125KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2643.png
125KB, 320x240px
Why do people never talk about this game? Best game on the N64 without a doubt.
>>
>>3730781
It does get mentioned from time to time as one of the better late games to have come out for the N64. I enjoyed playing it, but it was not the SMRPG 2 that I was really hoping it would be. I can see where they tried and they still did a pretty good job at it, and maybe I had very high expectations for it. Either way, it was still enjoyable in its own right, just not SM64 good.
>>
>Quick time events on every attack
It's shit.
>>
Don't even think about replying to it
>>
Its a great game, but it has a HUGE glaring issue. The prologue is awful.

You have to slog through at least an hour of slow as molasses gameplay until you get the Lucky Star item so you can use timed hits.

Its the main reason I don't replay the game. Its just so boring.
>>
>>3730804
>JRPGS ARE SPAM X TO WIN REEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>"Here's one where timing and other prompts are important to success."
>QTES REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Fuck you.
>>
Because it was just a beta test for the real Paper Mario game.
>>
File: snp.jpg (131KB, 500x312px) Image search: [Google]
snp.jpg
131KB, 500x312px
>>3730781
>Best game on the N64 without a doubt.
Shit taste.

Here's the actual best N64 game.
>>
>>3730881
>CRPG autistic anon shitposted on JRPG threads so much that anons think the whole /vr/ shares his opinion.
>>
>>3730860
Pretty much this.

TTYD is superior in almost every way, but that's not retro.
>>
>>3731068
I say we make it honorary retro, because it's a god damn masterpiece of the retro style, it's what even Mario RPG was trying to be, if only optical media was a choice at the time
>>
>>3730890
decent game, wanky soundtrack and not much replayabiltiy.
>>
>>3730882
This

TTYD is best Pap Mar
>>
i think we can all agree that SMRPG and TTYD are the two titans of the series

i think superstar saga is close behind but not retro ree
>>
>>3731124
>if only optical media was a choice at the time
It wasn't a cartridge vs disc thing. It was simply a game design difference.

TTYD and 64 are equally good for different reasons
>>
>>3730882
64 had better level design, environments and music.

TTYD had better gameplay, graphics and story
>>3731259
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.