[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Has anyone else had their ruler live this long in Genghis Khan

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_20170110_210718635.jpg (1MB, 2592x1456px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170110_210718635.jpg
1MB, 2592x1456px
Has anyone else had their ruler live this long in Genghis Khan II?

The ruler of England just died at 61 and i'm almost at 80 still laying the smackdown on those infidels with my army of mamelukes.
>>
I have not played that in so long, but I approve this thread. Carry on good sir.
>>
>>3730550
I absolutely love this game and i think it's a legit 9/10 turn based strategy game.

The only beef i have with it is that generals assigned to govern your conquered territories might betray you for no reason and declare independence.
When you spend time with your wife, sometimes she will tell you that she dislikes one of your generals and you should not trust him, these will definitely betray you if you assign them to command one of your territories, but the problem is that any general that isn't one of your sons or related to you by marrying one of your daughters might betray you.

Once one of my generals declared independence, i had previously saved the game so i reloaded to see if he would always do it again but many years passed and he never betrayed me, this is completely random and i think it's a terrible mechanic because you might get totally fucked over if one of your generals betrays you with a bunch of troops stationed in his territory, you might have to backtrack a lot and spend many years reconquering the lost territories.

I would be marching into Russia right now if i didn't lose 15 years reconquering territories and restructuring my army after being betrayed 4 times.
>>
>>3730580
Well, I think that makes sense as a mechanic since that happened a lot in real life, especially with Mongolians.
>>
>>3730607
Did it?

Who would dare to betray Genghis Khan after he unified Mongolia?
Also i'm playing the Khwarezm Dynasty, not the mongols.
>>
>>3730540
I love this game but I am fucking bad at it. I play as Japan in the world conquest campaign, but I cant keep more than 2 nations under my control before fucked
>>
>>3730750
before getting fucked up.*
Give me some advices, /vr/os
>>
>>3730750
>>3730789
Reading the manual will help
>>
>>3730617
>Who would dare to betray Genghis Khan after he unified Mongolia?

Someone who would want all that power for himself, ie. mostly everyone.
>>
>>3730750
>>3730789
Don't try to conquer new territory if you don't have enough troops to secure all your borders.
Japan is one of the easiest to play because you start in a very comfortable corner position and you can recruit samurais, the second strongest unit in the game.

Do not invade anyone in the beginning, just develop your own land, try to make a few children and then form a solid army of 20 samurai, get their equipment level to 100 and their training level to 100.
You'll never be defeated with such a powerful army, only 20 fully equipped and fully trained mongols can match 20 samurais in power, and the CPU will hardly, if ever, assemble such an army.

If you don't want to get screwed over by the RNG like i was when the generals betray your ruler and declare independence, simply save at the end of every turn and reload if someone declares independence.
You might call that cheating or whatever, but the mechanic is really stupid and will make your conquest take WAYYY longer.

Here's a quick guide for climates:
>B climate
Dry/arid, don't bother with farmers here at all, allocate all your food producers to herding in these territories
>the D climates (df, dw)
Strong and dry winters, summers vary. Also don't allocate farmers here, in this climate farmers produce decent amount of food but you get struck by blizzards regularly which fuck up the farms completely but don't affect herding.
>the C climates (cfa, cfb, cw, cs)
These are all warm and wet, varying in scale. Farmers produce more than herdsmen here.
>A climate
Only Burma and Southern India have this climate, farmers and herdsmen have almost equal food productivity so you can mix however you want.

td;dr
if the climate is a B or a D, don't bother farming, any other you can farm just fine

Also i think this is pretty obvious but... buy when rating are low, sell when they are high and merchants from different parts of the world have different prices for each good.
>>
File: IMG_20170111_163825999.jpg (2MB, 2592x1456px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170111_163825999.jpg
2MB, 2592x1456px
82 and still alive. Honestly didn't think you could live so long in this game. Some rulers barely make it to 60.

Must have been all that sex with the empress to try making a suitable successor.

Now, if he can live just a few more turns i'll be able to invade England with him and celebrate one last victory before he dies.
>>
File: IMG_20170111_171608112.jpg (1MB, 2592x1456px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170111_171608112.jpg
1MB, 2592x1456px
Just conquered England, appointed my oldest son to rule it and now he just passed away at 59.
Holy shit, my ruler actually outlived his son.

I think i'm screwed now because my other 2 heirs have fucking E in politics and E in charm. Not to mention they are in their 40s now.
My son in law is in his late 50s too, soon he will die and if i don't make a suitable successor with one my other 2 children with their shitty stats it'll be game over.
>>
File: IMG_20170111_173505181.jpg (1MB, 2592x1456px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170111_173505181.jpg
1MB, 2592x1456px
Dead at 85.

He had a good life.
>>
What game? Looks fun.
>>
>>3732012
Genghis Khan II for the SNES.
It is fun once you understand the icons and the commands and know what you are doing.
>>
>>3730540
Which version would be the one to play?
>>
>>3732115
I think the differences between snes and genesis versions are minimal and don't even matter, but genesis seems to be a bit faster. Which can be nice because the game is pretty long, specially if you're not used to the genre.
>>
Always select "no" to view wars and combat between units. Otherwise you'll be forced to watch every single battle between the CPU.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.