[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Problem with super ufo pro8 It has deleted 10 hours on Earthbound

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

File: UFO_SNES_652.jpg (45KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
UFO_SNES_652.jpg
45KB, 500x500px
Problem with super ufo pro8
It has deleted 10 hours on Earthbound

How can I play without the fear of losing everything?
>>
You have to manually save your SRAM before you load a new ROM. Or just not change ROMs until you're done.
>>
>super ufo
ayy
>>
>>3728742
Is it a good emulator cart?
>>
>>3728742
Wtf is this attrocity..? I have an SD2SNES, which I assume is better, but what do I know.
>>
File: 1483163489790.png (116KB, 480x336px) Image search: [Google]
1483163489790.png
116KB, 480x336px
>>3728742
>Wtf is this attrocity..? I have an SD2SNES, which I assume is better, but what do I know.

Fedora.
>>
>>3728742
>Super UFO
Buy an SD2SNES Super Nintendo flash cart from krikzz's website for only $197.00USD.
It supports a wide range of SNES enhancement chips including DSP1, 2, 3, 4, Cx4, and MSU-1 for CD quality audio to be injected in SNES games, and it will also support the oft-requested SA-1 and Super FX enhancement chips in the near future with new downloadable updates which are only usable on official krikzz flash carts.
>>
>>3728764
>>3728770
>>3729000
>>3729115
The Super UFO is supposed to have the ability to play special chips like the Super FX if you plug in a game that has one on top of it. You can then select a different game which uses that chip. Idk if it actually works.

SD2SNES is just not worth the money right now for the games it doesn't support. We'll see if they ever release a firmware update that adds Super FX like they promised if they ever figure it out, but I bet it'll be exclusive to SD2SNES v2.
>>
>>3729132
I certainly agree that unless you really want to play Mega Man X2 and X3 over buying Rockman carts that you should just get a Super Everdrive or something.

The UFO is garbage though and should be avoided. The passthrough stuff outright doesn't work. It's just not worth touching it at all.
>>
>>3729132
Ikari (the guy behind sd2snes) has said it's just not possible to do so and make it work right. I think it's possible with DSP games but even super everdrive can do that with a DSP soldered on...
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (151KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
151KB, 1920x1080px
>>3729115
>and it will also support the oft-requested SA-1 and Super FX enhancement chips in the near future with new downloadable updates
>>
>>3728742
You have to plug it in upside down if your in the southern hemisphere huefag.

>>3729115
kek

>>3729132
It doesn't work. Now ydk.
>>
>>3729132
>The Super UFO is supposed to have the ability to play special chips like the Super FX if you plug in a game that has one on top of it
So basically in order to play the games that use it you have to already own the game? Well then what's the bloody point in having the Shitty UFuckO then? I am totally going to fork out money to buy Mega Man X3 on top of that piece of overpriced chinese shit in order to play Mega Man X4, the only two games that actually use the Cx4 chip.
If I did that I could have just gotten an SD2SNES from krikzz and be able to play both of those games along with a plethora of other enhancement chip games such as Super Mario Kart, Metal Combat, Pilotwings, and more.
>>
>>3731332
There are reasons someone might want to do that. If you can't think of any you don't need a UFO. And a UFO is a fraction of the price of a SD2SNES and can play Mario Kart, etc. with pass though.
>>
>>3728742
If I got one of these and plugged a Doom or Yoshi's Island cart onto the top, would I be able to use it to run Starfox 2?
>>
>>3731445
No

I believe it's some kind of never-corrected translation error that leads people to believe you can use the UFO passthrough to play games that have the same enhancement chip as another game. I have one. It doesn't work.
>>
>>3731736
Is there any way at all to play Star Fox 2 on a real SNES?
>>
>>3731736
It's not a translation error it's reading comprehension error. The actual UFO documentation is clear about what it does.

>>3731754
Yes
>>
>>3731754
The only way is a reproduction made using a donor cart with a super fx chip in it.
>>
>>3729115
krikzz shill alert
>>
>>3731445
Starfox 2 uses the never released SuperFX 2, so there's no game to piggy-back it with. Repros fake it with an overclocked SuperFX 1.
>>
>ywn see SuperFX2 chips for sale on aliexpress ;_;
>>
>>3732184
>le shill meme
>>
>>3732261
>le
>meme

Telling anonymous people on the Internet that they need to buy an open source piece of hardware from one specific dude in the Ukraine is quite literally shilling.
>>
>>3732190
The SuperFX2 was used in more games than the original. The only games that used the original chip were StarFox and Vortex.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.