[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Doesn't look like there's a live DIY thread, so: I

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: jap_bios.png (54KB, 640x448px) Image search: [Google]
jap_bios.png
54KB, 640x448px
Doesn't look like there's a live DIY thread, so:

I imported a white Sega Saturn HST-3220 for Chrimbus. Yesterday I was playing some Panzer Dragoon and decided to move the Saturn from my desk to my entertainment center. Some way some how between my disconnecting it and reconnecting it, something must have went wrong, because now it refuses to boot up. The access light is on, it's getting power, and the screen seems to recognize it as something, but all I get is a black screen. Looking into it, a common problem apparently is the CD drive having a poor connection. I disconnected and reconnected the ribbon cable inside and no luck. What's wrong with my Saturn?
>>
>>3728016
Do you have sound?
>>
>>3728019
No, disc drive doesn't spin either.
>>
>>3728016
black screen of death is a common issue. Not much you can do other than recapping it and hoping for the best, perhaps maybe reflowing the solder on the chips.

White saturns and all model 2s should boot up with the CD drive disconnected, they'd just get wonky sound and deformed cubes in the cd player. It's only the very very very early launch models, which will boot to black screen if the drive is not connected (almost mistook my unit for broken because of that after some tinkering).

You could also try removing the battery, leaving it like that for a few minutes, then trying to boot it up.
>>
>>3728016
>I imported a white Sega Saturn HST-3220 for Chrimbus

Where was it assembled?
>>
>>3728046
Holy shit thank you so much.

Removed the battery and it worked instantly. Is it safe to assume the battery is corrupted? Put it back in and it asked for the date again. So much for my Christmas Nights Intro Dreams presents and PD high score.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.