[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

why are people obsessed with building devices to play the same

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4

why are people obsessed with building devices to play the same old two dozen SNES roms they have already played for years?
>>
because they're normies
>>
File: elaine-seinfeld22.png (217KB, 500x325px) Image search: [Google]
elaine-seinfeld22.png
217KB, 500x325px
I wonder if people so much as play SMW for more than 10 minutes on it, let alone waste time building it.
>>
>>3725093
>>3725120
They don't wanna play the games.

That's like saying "why are people obsessed with buying a new GPU to play Crysis again?". They aren't, they're just using the games to jerk off to numbers. To be a demo, what they actually care about is the thing running the game.
>>
File: 1465708462701.png (478KB, 3532x687px) Image search: [Google]
1465708462701.png
478KB, 3532x687px
>>3725093
Why do people hate pillarboxes?
>>
>>3725137
are you being obtuse?
>>
>>3725093
Why are people obsessed with porting Doom to every system imaginable?
>>
>>3725176

to be fair, once someone got it on a literal toaster it has become more of a tradition or a challenge than anything else.
>>
>>3725176

it's the new hello world
>>
>>3725093
Presumably building the devices is the attraction not the actual end result.
>>
>>3725093
Would you feel different about it if he had a へべれけのおいしいパズルはいりませんか running in this photo?
>>
>>3725208
Everie normie and their normie mom can build a shitty emulator, hell, since the raspi came out, you don't know how many normies come to me and tell me that they know about electronics and programming and how it isn't that hard, and then I ask them what they made and it's just a fucking 5$ raspi in a 3d printed case glued together, and an off the shelf 3" LCD plugged into the raspi. A fucking kid could do that shit especially since you have the whole step by step guide online. I want to see better emulators, I want to see people making cool shit like home made DS emulators,now that's fucking cool. I also respect those guys who make portable versions of home consoles, I've seen portable GameCubes, ps2's and more that are actually portable, and not just stuffed into a suitcase or something.
>>
>>3725217
>Everie normie and their normie mom can build a shitty emulator
Clearly not since you can't even get the terms right.
>>
>>3725186
to be fair it was a pretty fancy toaster
>>
snes is the favorite /vr/ system for normies
that's why its games are so expensive
>>
>>3725186
since when? I only saw a video of a toaster working as a game controller for doom, not the toaster itself running doom.
>>
autism
>>
>>3725186
>once someone got it on a literal toaster
idiot
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vI7tWd7B3iI
totally legit, right?
but they run doom on a printer
>>
>>3725120
I spent an afternoon playing it up until the castle of world 5 before getting bored.

It's a fairly fun game overall. Just not good enough for me to care about finishing it again.
>>
File: eccoDSCF7588 copy.jpg (204KB, 1000x750px) Image search: [Google]
eccoDSCF7588 copy.jpg
204KB, 1000x750px
>>3725093
Because old games look awesome shrunk down onto a tiny screen.
>>
I get the projects are time wasters for hobbyist, but what I don't get is why they make videos showcasing features they won't even use like they plan to market it.
>>
ITT: people obsessing over people obsessing over people obsessing. It's exactly like shitception but spelled different.
>>
>>3727786
I don't want to play on a screen made for ants though.
>>
>>3725093
because for a lot of people this what cutting edge at a time, and now we can build things mega cheap ourselves for pennies on the dollar.
>>
>>3725093
to get LE UPVOTES on reddit of course
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.