[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/vr/, do you think this deserves the title of one of the greatest

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4

File: 61Z4s6tRRCL.jpg (76KB, 500x495px) Image search: [Google]
61Z4s6tRRCL.jpg
76KB, 500x495px
/vr/, do you think this deserves the title of one of the greatest games of all time?
>>
Not with that garbo camera.
>>
Not even close. It was an interesting novelty, but it doesn't play that well.
>>
Gum has some rocking hips in that cover art.
>>
Thread theme:
http://jetsetradio.live

>>3723839
>do you think this deserves the title of one of the greatest games of all time?
It's a neat game but probably wouldn't even be in my top 50.
>>
At the time it was super fun and the graffiti style graphics looked great. Didn't age too well though, and skating games have gotten much better since.
>>
File: Jet-Grind-Radio.jpg (203KB, 1179x782px) Image search: [Google]
Jet-Grind-Radio.jpg
203KB, 1179x782px
Its one of my favorites. Of all times.
>>
Not of all time, but it's a game that I think defines the 00s decade.
>>
File: JSR_GUM.jpg (75KB, 560x560px) Image search: [Google]
JSR_GUM.jpg
75KB, 560x560px
So many good times.

https://youtu.be/JZY4E2Cagv8
>>
I want to cum in Gum!
>>
>>3723839
>mfw I used to hate when people called it "Jet Set Radio" because I bought grind radio when it first came out.

Now I finally think I prefer jet SET radio.
>>
>>3723895

It's not really a skating game. It's a 3D platformer, in which the main characters wear roller skates
>>
Nah probably not. I love the shit out of it, one of my personal all time favourite games, but I don't think it deserves a spot as one of the greatest games of all time.

They did the soundtrack so perfect. For the most part you never get bored of the music and the tracks blend together so perfectly.
>>
It's fun and unique but its got it share of problems.
Its style/OST would probably edge into some autistic "Top 100" list.
>>
Hell no. That game is so ridiculously slow. It's like roller skating through molasses.
Xbox version was way better.
>>
>>3724593
JSRF is a sequel. And while the gameplay might be faster, the level and character designs took a massive hit.
>>
>>3723839
No because it's fucking awful.
God-tier soundtrack and visual design
But the parts that actually matter, the gameplay and level design, suck shit.
>>
>>3723839
JSRF is better and you can play it on the XBOX.

Dreamcast DROPPED again! Jesus is there any reason to own or play a DC anymore??
>>
>>3724776
Disagreed, besides maybe one stage that is hard as fuck.
>>
>>3724803
Does microsft own the rights to JSRF?
I feel like im never going to be able to play it
>>
>>3724776
This. I liked it when it first came out because it looked cool and there was nothing else like it, but the game just doesn't play well at all.
>>
>>3724810
No, but apparently Sega doesn't have the source code for JSRF anymore.
>>
>>3724829
Game developers were literally retards pre 2004.
>DUDE LETS THROW AWAY FREE PRINTABLE MONEY FOR THE NEXT 100 YEARS
>>
>>3723839
Gameplay: No
Soundtrack: WITHOUT A DOUBT
>>
File: Kryojenix4963455a2c1ee.jpg (66KB, 672x960px) Image search: [Google]
Kryojenix4963455a2c1ee.jpg
66KB, 672x960px
>>3723953
>not Cube
>>
>>3724829
Imagine you spend 3 years and a few million dollars working on a project. It is the collective effort of dozens of artists and people that put thousands of man hours into it.

Would you not fucking make 5000 backups of that shit and keep it in a vault?

Fuck I archive my first pong type game I made in C++
>>
OP should have asked if it deserved the title as one of the greatest looking /vr/ games of all time.
and in that I would say yes.
>>
>>3724593
>no cops trying to stop you during tagging
>tagging is automatic (no joystic inputs)
>combat segments are separate
>cops are defeatable, and extremely easy

normal tagging segments of the game are now essentially just running errands. the constant threat of being attacked by the cops was one of the most important aspects of JGR

also, a huge chunk of the game is very lonely. I'm talking mostly about the skyscrapers and sewers, but the shantytowns and some of the back alley locations are also very creepy.

on the one hand, it does make the game EXTREMELY eerie. as somebody who played the game for 100+ hours, that eeriness cumulatively left a big impression on me. take that how you will.

I personally love JSRF, but I was fully aware of its flaws as I played through it
>>
>>3725050
The one and ONLY thing that I prefer about the first game is that you actually have enemies trying to stop you. Other than that, the game is just too slow and clunky for my liking. JSRF made the gameplay just so much better.

And yes, I actually do prefer the hit-and-run graffiti of JSRF over the "stop and do a QTE" of JSR. It breaks the flow and makes the game even slower.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.