[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey guys what do you think about the Super Retro Boy? Will Nintendo

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 6

File: super-retro-boy-2.jpg (159KB, 900x1200px) Image search: [Google]
super-retro-boy-2.jpg
159KB, 900x1200px
Hey guys what do you think about the Super Retro Boy? Will Nintendo sue them? I think the concept is kinda neat.
>>
>>3723025
What's the back look like?
>>
they didn't sue hyperkin for the supaboy so i doubt they would sue them for this

no normal shoulder buttons makes this worthless for gba games imo
>>
>>3723029
How the hell did they forget to do this?
>>
is it clone or emulation?
>>
File: tumblr_ojbij0IWQK1qzp9weo4_1280.png (94KB, 810x496px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ojbij0IWQK1qzp9weo4_1280.png
94KB, 810x496px
>>3723026
I cant find a pic for the back
>>
>>3723025
Now that there are so many of these retro portables out there why are they not going to chinese manufactures and getting screens with the proper aspect ratio(or close enough).
>>
File: game-boy-super-retro-boy-1.jpg (43KB, 1120x840px) Image search: [Google]
game-boy-super-retro-boy-1.jpg
43KB, 1120x840px
>>
File: super-retro-boy.jpg (63KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
super-retro-boy.jpg
63KB, 1024x768px
>>
I found a Video where you can see the back (its german though). Skip to 0:30 if you dont wanna see that table thing.

http://video.golem.de/games/18169/retrobit-geraete-hands-on.html
>>
There's no unnecessary features that artificially add a sheen of glamour, and there also won't be games preloaded on the system. However, an omnibus cartridge packed with multiple games is expected to be released down the line. - See more at: http://www.techtimes.com/articles/191638/20170107/game-boy-coming-back-to-life-thanks-to-retro-bits-super-retro-boy.htm#sthash.b3y5nPGf.dpuf

If an omnibus cartrige with at least 50 games will be appended, than it will be a good system.
>>
>>3723025
>GBA
No L - R buttons?
Please dont tell me the buttons above the A&B are the triggers.
>>
>>3723071
I guess they're because of the L and R engraved on them.
>>
Why would someone want one of these when you can literally merge a RPi with a Gameboy case?
>>
>>3723025
If it was an fpga that simulated the original processor and hardware and a screen that maintained the gameboy aspect ratio I'd think it was the greatest thing ever, but by the looks of it it's just an arm emulation box with a cart reader.

It might be okay, but honestly outside of form factor I don't really see the great appeal.
>>
>>3723078
>Why would someone want the NES Classic when you can literally merge a RPi with a NES case?
This thing doesn't appeal to me either, but some people just want a handheld with a good screen and battery life ready to play some cartridges.
>>
File: buttoms.jpg (5KB, 125x116px) Image search: [Google]
buttoms.jpg
5KB, 125x116px
>>3723071
Yes, yes, they are triggers. But for some GBA games it is the best location.
>>
>>3723092
I think more often than not you're better off with them on the top, castlevania is much better with having the slide and jump button be available in very fast succession, as well as racing games like mario kart where you need to use it for sliding. The only game I can think of that I would like better would be street fighter alpha 3, which while a fantastic port is kind of hopeless compared to the fantastic psp port.
>>
>>3723092
>Yes, yes, they are triggers.
Instantly dropped.
There is a reason Nintendo made triggers.

How could they fuck up this badly.
>>
File: allien hominide.jpg (119KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
allien hominide.jpg
119KB, 1280x960px
>>3723101
Only "Street fighter aplha 3"?
This location of "L" and "R" is better for ported games from other consoles:
"Alien Hominide" to throw grenades and hide.
"Metal Slug Advance" to throw grenades.
"Double Dragon Advance" to jump and block.
Of course, many games will be unplayable on this console.
>>
>>3723047
Pretty sure it's a gba clone, not emulation (not sure)
>>
>>3723116
Of it was a gba clone we'd expect gb games to play inside black borders. And since the screen does not appear to be the same aspect ratio as a gba the games would not horribly stretched.
>>
>>3723116
>Pretty sure
>(Not sure)
>>
>>3723025
People are all worried about the lack of shoulder buttons, but many games will benefit from this. Super Mario GBA will be far more playable, as will literally any fighting game. Perhaps some 3D games, such as Doom or Mario Kart might be worse. Either way, I'm definitely getting one as long as it's a hardware clone and not an android device.
>>
>>3723550
The worst might be the metroid games which use the shoulders for aiming.
>>
This looks perfect for my wife's son while she and the bull can enjoy my Retron 5
>>
Given that it's a clone, how likely are Everdrives to work on it?
>>
>>3723681

meme harder you fucking weiner
>>
>>3723025
All I want is an AVS type thing for the SNES.
>>
>>3723862
Some dude is working on the fpga
>>
>>3723869
Hell yeah.
>>
>>3723025
Ugly fucking logo and looks scretched.
>>
I love that hardware is being produced to extend the life of retro games and give room for new games to be released on it, but the lack of shoulder buttons on this is an absolute dealbreaker. The GBA easily has a more extensive library than the former, but those forward-facing buttons make it seem like an afterthought.
>>
>>3724030
It's not too late to bitch about it loud enough they add some recessed body colored ones on the back.
>>
>>3723862
Yeah, now that FPGA cores are being figured out for various systems, shit is going to get really interesting as far as clone consoles go. Also looking forward to SNES and Genesis.
>>
>>3723078
Input delay is one reason. The lack of 100% percent authentic play is another.
>>
>>3724115
>Input delay
Nice meme. I call it a meme because I can't seem to find or experience any evidence of it.
>>
>>3724190
If you have never experienced input delay you are probably not playing hard enough games, even on games like megaman x4 it is insanely noticeable.
>>
>>3724190
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aZRce-xaiI4
Now you know and knowing is half the battle
>>
>>3724195
>provides evidence of input lag that doesnt show any actual input lag
Wow, you sure did show me.
>>
Awesome, I've always wanted a shittier Game Boy Advance!
>>
>>3723025
I think it will be shit. Nintendo won't do anything just like they didn't do anything to all the other people who made shit like this. If the concept is so neat why didn't you buy chink shit that does the same thing years ago?

>>3724190
Plenty of people have done tests and posted results. You can do your own tests if you have half a brain.

>>3724195
That's a shit video. You're not going to learn anyone anything with shit like that.
>>
>>3724449
>if a legitimate test doesn't show results that I like, it's shit
>>
Should have went with an original clam-shell design with shoulder buttons instead of going with the original GB look, the opportunity was there.
>>
They should have gone with the Original GBA design, pretty ergonomic, maybe they could have included the L & R as face buttons and shoulder buttons at the same time.
>>
>>3724820
This. I don't get why people are so enamored by the old gameboy, even the clamshell design. The original GBA was the perfect handheld at the time. Even the PS ones emulated it.
>>
>>3723025
What the fuck is the point? It's overpriced and looks ugly as shit. It's not competitive at all with a GBA SP in price or looks and it has the L & R buttons in idiotic places. Good luck playing Megaman Zero and Metroid Fusion on that piece of shit. Does it even have a link cable port?

OP who would buy your shitty product?
>>
>>3723025
Is it me or is the aspect ratio kinda fucked?
>>
>>3724936
I hadn't even considered the link cable port, thT could be a real issue for me honestly because I like playing my old pokemon games. Apparently they might be adding l and r buttons on the back, the product is still open to revisions at the moment so it is very possible.
>>
>>3723025
Does it have a back light screen?
>>
>>3723092
Now how the hell Im supposed to press R while holding B? For example mario advance 2 uses R for spin-jump, and both metroids requires you to hold R to switch to missles.
>>
>>3723029

>worthless for gba games

So it's perfect
>>
I'll get one, put it in a dmg case and move the L and R buttons to their rightful place.
>>
>>3724519
So an SP
>>
>>3724496
>legitimate test
Top kek kid

>>3724519
Chinks already did that
Thread posts: 55
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.