[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I am absolutely loving RGB output through using a Sony PVM. Honestly,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

I am absolutely loving RGB output through using a Sony PVM. Honestly, it's like I'm playing a completely different game.

However, I am having a little issue with some of the screen cutting off, you'll notice the text box on the top left is missing the edge. I tried messing around with the settings but can't fix it.

Would anyone know if there's a possible fix I could be missing? Thank you so much!
>>
>>3722882
There is a fix, but how you do it varies model to model.

Some can have their geometry tweaked through a remote control or service menu, while others (including mine) require that you take the case off and twist dials on the monitor's PCB.

The latter of the two is incredibly dangerous if you don't know what you're doing. As you need to see the screen (whilst it's on) to adjust the geometry, you're at risk of a fatal shock if you slip.

If you're serious about fixing it though, use the 240p Test Suite as it has various features like putting grids on screen via the console of your choice to correctly line the monitor's output.

http://junkerhq.net/xrgb/index.php/240p_test_suite
>>
Thank you so much for the incredibly informative reply!

I have the PVM-14N6U model, it didn't come with the remote unfortunately. I have no idea to know if I would be able to access the service menu unless I get a universal remote, correct?

Either way, I wouldn't want to risk fatal shock as I am not the most electronically inclined. Would I need a SD2SNES to run the 240p Test suite? I was thinking of ordering one so anyway.

Again, thank you so much for all your help!

Also, this is sort of off-topic but growing up I really have been only playing Nintendo consoles in the 16-bit and N64 era. Do you have a Sega console you would recommend to me to purchase? Thank you again.
>>
>>3722897
PVMs dont use remotes.

You can find a horizontal size/position setting in the menu.

You dont need 240p test suite or to open the set if all you want to do is move the image to the right a little.
>>
>>3722919
I can't find the setting!!!
>>
>>3722920
It's probably called H-Phase or something very similar. In the geometry submenu.
>>
File: Screenshot_20170107-051434.png (329KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170107-051434.png
329KB, 1080x1920px
Download the service manual. Just Google 14n6u manual.
>>
>>3722882

S-video in a Trinitron looks pretty similar to that. You fell for the PVMeme.
>>
>>3722936
Not OP I have both they are nothing alike. An example, you can actually see Chrono's eyes when using PVM not a jumbled mess when using S-video, the color output is a lot better as well.
>>
File: IMG_20170105_220100.jpg (3MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170105_220100.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
>>3722954
Second this, I went from S-VIDEO to SCART plus BVM14G5U and I have to admit that it blew my mind! Even the N64 looks gorgeous , 2D sprites based games looks so sharp and 3D is also good you can see things almost pop up out of the screen, CRTs have unbeatable depth
>>
File: IMG-20170105-WA0026.jpg (1MB, 1836x3264px) Image search: [Google]
IMG-20170105-WA0026.jpg
1MB, 1836x3264px
Sailor Venus is a wing shun fighter in this game XD
>>
Muh pvmeme
Muh classic jrpgz
>>
>>3723198
Enjoy your day home from school!
>>
Sega
>>
>>3722965
that's not that sharp.
>>
>>3722882
I'm really thankful I didn't read the CRT threads and let it make me turbo-autistic
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.