[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What games have you played where you absolutely felt like you

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3

File: look of concern.png (76KB, 662x413px) Image search: [Google]
look of concern.png
76KB, 662x413px
What games have you played where you absolutely felt like you needed a guide, an old magazine, or whatever to play it? Is Castlevania 2 really one of those kind of games?
>>
Simon's Quest is easy as shit to figure out, only a moron couldn't beat it.
>>
>>3718737
This Anon is trying to meme you. CV2 is infamous for not making a lick of sense.

If you really want to play the game without a guide, get the Simon's Quest Redacted hack. If you must play the original, be willing to go to Gamefaqs.

If being lost for a very long time thanks to unintuitive puzzles sounds like your idea of a good time, then don't use anything.
>>
>>3718739
>>3718715

CV2 was mostly it seemed something designed to make you go around everywhere and do a bunch of crap over and over again - kinda like other world games such a FF but without an over-world map.

Thus unintuitive puzzles, some places being avoided like the plague until you had a good whip, and so on.

I do not believe the Golden Dagger was supposed to be a real item, more of an easter egg (IIRC its in this one block that isnt all that easy to get to normally, one of those things you whack on out of general frustration and "Oh its a knife").

I remember Dracula himself being rather undefended or such, you just couldnt reach him without the proper stuff.
>>
>>3718715
As >>3719724 said CV2 is definitely pretty bullshit in its puzzles, this really is an acceptable case of using a guide. I haven't played it myself but there is a retranslation patch that actually gives you the hints the townspeople allude too with being crude. Maybe that is manageable.
>>
The first US Kings Field, the first times playing I would wander for hours making literally no progress, items have no description, the whole thing just has an overall lack of direction for newcomers.
>>
Virtually any of the early Dragon Quest games (they figured this shit out by the 5th or 6th one.)

Maybe the developers literally intended for me to roam around aimlessly on a world map with no idea where to go or who I'm supposed to talk to, randomly searching every square on the map until I find a key item that I NEED in order to progress that was cryptically mentioned by NPCs in three different towns with no specifics on how to find it, and then repeat 6 times in any order, trying to figure out which one of the hundreds of vague NPC dialog lines holds a rumor that can lead me to the next piece of the plot. Maybe not.
>>
File: bestgamecomingthrough.jpg (59KB, 1280x800px) Image search: [Google]
bestgamecomingthrough.jpg
59KB, 1280x800px
This shit right here. Getting the max score in any of these games is nearly impossible without help.
>>
>>3719897
Example: In DQIII there's a random NPC in a town somewhere that tells you about a secret dungeon hidden somewhere in the vast overworld ocean.

Another random NPC in another town, a few hours down the main story quest later tells you of a hidden treasure in a specific castle that's heavily guarded, but not what the treasure is. So you go investigate and the guards at said castle won't let you in.

A few hours down the main quest line later you find a town where the item shop sells Hide Herbs. Unfortunately, the NPC that tells you that Hide Herbs make you invisible when used is in a different city that you might not even visit until later (non-linear sandbox gaming ftw,) and unless you found a secret NPC hidden between two walls somewhere else, you have no idea that you can sneak into the aforementioned castle while invisible.

Then once you sneak into the castle and find the damn treasure, it's an item called a Dry Vase. What could that possibly be for, Well guess what? A few NPCs in other towns EARLIER mentioned a magical item somewhere in the world that could drink all the water in the ocean.

Time to wander the ocean until you find a loose collection of rocks that looks just like every other loose collection of rocks in the ocean and use the vase on one specific square of the rocks because it's actually the secret cave from step 1!

And guess what's inside? The final key you NEED in order to progress on the other items you need.

Awesome! Time to repeat for the 6 orbs and 4 pieces of armor you still need to collect before you can enter the SECOND world map and do a similar series of quests based on NPC hearsay and rumors over there!
>>
File: engel_zelda10.gif (476KB, 4096x1344px) Image search: [Google]
engel_zelda10.gif
476KB, 4096x1344px
>>3718715
this.
too young to have played zelda when i was a kid, this shit is pretty hard to navigate.
manual didnt come with my cart, and the map isnt enough too.
i really hate walkthroughs too
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.