[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What did you have/use to complete the Legend of Zelda NES when

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

What did you have/use to complete the Legend of Zelda NES when you were a kid? May it be maps, magazines, or the like.
>>
>>3718694
Nothing. I wasn't a fucking babby who needed to be spoonfed what to do.
>>
File: clubn3.jpg (38KB, 450x309px) Image search: [Google]
clubn3.jpg
38KB, 450x309px
club nintendo magazine
>>
>>3718694
Game Genie
>>
zeldadungeon.net
>>
>>3718703
ayy papi.
Club Nintendo went to shit around 2006 for some reason, they where fucking based before that year, though.
>>
>>3718696
Suuuuuure.
>>
I just played the game straight through. What's with the /vr/ meme that Zelda was somehow hard? The 1st quest is trivial. 2nd quest requires an autistic level of going full jihad with fire and bombs, but even that's doable. I beat both quests as a kid with no problem.
>>
Nothing other than a friend telling me where the last dungeon was.
Getting a game back then was rare so I played the hell out of them.
>>
Word of mouth and experimentation
>>
>>3718694
I used a controller.
>>
Just talking on the playground, although the original game did come with a nifty physical map.
>>
>>3718694
>walk around the whole map and take note of the shops and how much items are
>Grind by going in and out of the first dungeon for coins to buy above mentioned gear
I didnt give a fuck either.
>>
File: tumblr_ojadg1cmo61voe4e4o1_540.jpg (55KB, 540x608px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ojadg1cmo61voe4e4o1_540.jpg
55KB, 540x608px
I didn't play it on the NES, I unlocked it through animal crossing ( I unlocked all the NES games and made the basement a game room, it was comfy, and what got me interested in retro games )

But that was in like 2003 I think? I didn't have internet at the time, and my friends didn't give a shit about retro games, so I was on my own. It took me about a week to finish, and my death count was probably in the 800's.

It was still fun, I didn't really ever get lost because I was really thurough in the dungeons and made sure to remember what the old man said in each one, thinking it was a clue to the next area.

I wish I was smart enough to make my own map because I never remembered where anything was, though I know it like the back of my hand now, it's like my favorite NES game.

Still haven't done second quest though. This is the year.
>>
Playing Zelda now. Found a heart and keep dying. Found some stuff with bombs. Thank god they're cheap
>>
Is it alright to play the game along with the original inserts, and some magazines of the time?
>>
>>3718765

I think the last one I read was from 2005, and anyway I had stopped buying around 2003.
But yeah club nintendo during the 90s was good stuff.
>>
>>3718694
Nothing. Rented it from local store that was closed for a week around Thanksgiving. Spent 3 days of that week playing it before I beat it. No maps,hints or whatever. The game isn't that hard.
>>
File: nesgameatlas1.jpg (162KB, 450x571px) Image search: [Google]
nesgameatlas1.jpg
162KB, 450x571px
This beauty right here. Nintendo Power put out the best guides.
>>
>>3722104
Same.
>>
>>3720582

>Actually paying for bombs

Just go hunting for Blue Tektites and Moblins. They have high drop rates for Bombs.
>>
>>3722112

yeah and everything else in the game drops money like your mom drops her panties
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.