[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the best Mega Man game for the NES? http://www.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 9

File: Mega Man.jpg (61KB, 570x401px) Image search: [Google]
Mega Man.jpg
61KB, 570x401px
What's the best Mega Man game for the NES?

http://www.strawpoll.me/12026842
>>
>>3716768
the one with iceman in it.
>>
>>3716809
>the one with iceman in it.
They all have Ice Man, you dingus. Each game in the series has a robot master with the ice ability.
>>
Who are you guys' favorite robot master?
>>
>no votes for mega man 2
God I love /vr/
>>
>>3716876
not surprising, it's glitchy and has many bad gimmick bosses
>>
>>3716873
This is not true at all, you fucking retard.
>>
>>3717301
How the...?
I don't know who told you about my mental disadvantage, but I have you know its none of your business, and stop with the retardshaming, it's 2017 for pete's sake.
>>
either 2 or 3 for me
are 4 to 6 worth playing?
>>
>>3717376

They're literally Mega Man games. Not quite as good as 2 or 3 but still competent. 5 and 6 are a bit too far on the easy side, especially 6, but the graphics are very nice.
>>
File: Ded.jpg (119KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
Ded.jpg
119KB, 720x540px
>>3717301
>>3717361
You failed the test. Both an incorrect statement about the MM series was offered, along with this: >>3716874
A question about the robot masters, and which is your favorite.

Rather than taking the high road, and replying to something positive, you chose the low road, and got your kicks by participating in drama.

That's a sign of weaknesses. You're the kind of guy who gets excitement from celebrities dying, and fiery car wrecks, instead of viewing beautiful paintings, or listening to nice music.
>>
The only Megaman games I've played were 2, 3, Megaman and Bass, and ZX / ZX Advent

I probably like M&B best of those honestly
>>
File: Rockman-Data-300x213.jpg (28KB, 300x213px) Image search: [Google]
Rockman-Data-300x213.jpg
28KB, 300x213px
>>3716768
Personally I rank the NES ones this way.

4>2>1=6>3>5

4 is the best in my opinion. Levels and bosses feels the best in my opinion. 2 is amazing but too easy even by mega man standards. 3 is a bit overrated in my opinion. Some shitty design, buggy as fuck, and it being clearly unfinished brings it down to me. Not terrible, none of them are, but disappointing.

Of the series I say 9 and MM&B are the best.
>>3716874
Skull man was always my favorite. I know mega man isn't known for its story but his background always gave me a soft spot for him. Of course all the robot masters in 1 are memorable too.
>>
>>3717361
>>shaming
>>it's *insert year here*

>>>/tumblr/
>>
The only right answers are 3 or 4.

2 is probably the funnest in many ways but the metal blade just breaks the game. If you do a self-imposed challenge and not use it, it's the best game.

9 (not retro) is also tight as fuck.
>>
>>3717673
3 is poorly balanced and buggy. Shit like quick man's doc robot is stupid as fuck.
>>
MM3. You know I'm right you filthy contrarian. Yes I'm talking to you.
>>
>>3717740
MM3 is the contrarian opinion though.
>>
>>3717740
I'm not a contrarian, 2 is my second favorite. Of the NES games 4 is the best.
>>
>>
>>3716874
>>3717590
Skull Man all the way. His backstory was good and his theme is great. Plus he's from best game.
>>
>MM5
>1 vote

I knew it was the weakest.

I voted 4 but if I could I'd vote 9.
>>
>>3716768
Rock an 4: Minus Infinity
>>
Honestly, I like 2 specifically because it's so easy. I mean, you play it on hard to make it not silly, but fucking up on the way to the boss isn't a death sentence by virtue of enemies actually dropping health, and it doesn't make the platforming any less of a pain in the ass, which is good. Metal blade is also fun as a matter of aiming, and feels like an actual reward as opposed to the rarely used boss weapons that are usually in these games, that exist in a sort of limbo where most stages don't require them and spots where they would be useful are avoidable because the stages is designed to be completable naked.
>>
>>3716876
>get metal
>win
Yeah, why doesn't /vr/ like it?
>>
>tfw you've never beaten a single Megaman game because you always get bored after 1-2 stages
>>
2 is my favorite, but I think 4 is where the series peaked in terms of polish and features. After 4 there was nothing left to add or take away and the Dr. Cossack fake-out was incredible at the time.

3 was clearly rushed (no pun intended) and even the developers have said so. 5 and 6 were just refinements/experiments with 4. 1 was a game that showed promise but was rough around the edges, and 2 was the biggest leap in quality the series ever made.

So, objectively I'd say 4 > 2 > 3 > 6 > 5 > 1
>>
>>3720502
Thanks for the blog post that contributes nothing to the thread

What was your intent with this comment?
>>
>>3720509
Thanks for the blog post that contributes nothing to the thread

You mad, bro?
>>
>>3720514
I am. Either way your post contributed nothing. This is obviously discussion of the mega man games. why did you feel telling us you don't like mega man games was important enough to post?

Either way I'm done with you. Anyone who repeats a comment as an insult says "You mad, bro" is an obvious underage. All I ask is that you leave the board.
>>
>>3716809
Freeze Man is one smug motherfucker, gotta love him
>>
>>3720535
Anon, you could have just ignored him and he would have gone away.
>>
>>3720535
Thanks for contributing to the thread, bro. Very insightful, bro ;^)
>>
>>3717772
It's the second most popular game in the classic series, how is that contrarian? The real contrarian favorite is the first game, since everyone knows it's the hardest and shittiest one.
>>
Mega Man 2, 3 and 4 are the best. So long as you're playing one of those, a good time you're having. To be honest, all six of the games are fantastic.
>>
>>3720864
Because it mostly gets picked by people who don't want to pick 2 because 2 is too popular, despite the fact that it was rushed out the door with debug features still in the game and had no intro, unlike 2, 4, 5, and 6.
>>
File: Mega Man Cute.png (329KB, 804x670px) Image search: [Google]
Mega Man Cute.png
329KB, 804x670px
OP here. Gonna take a shot at this.

(1.) Mega Man 4. Has the coolest robot masters, and stage graphics. Nothing about the game sucks. Most complete blue bomber experience on the NES.

(2.) Mega Man 3. Buggy as hell, but despite that, the stage design is superb. Only the part in Dr. Wily's fortress were you need Rush Jet is bullshit. This game is a masterpiece.

(3.) Mega Man 2. This is when the franchise started to get good. A near-perfect title. Easily the best soundtrack.

(4.) Mega Man 6. The jet pack ability is just plain cool, and overall, this is a fine entry for the series. Flame Man's music track is brilliant.

(5.) Mega Man 1. No password system? The game needed it. Still fun to play, but too unforgiving.

(6.) Mega Man 5. Weakest entry of the bunch. The Proto Man fortress is plain garbage.
>>
>>3720864
The first game has the most memorable robot masters. Not a contrarian choice at all
>>
Mega Man 2 is winning, as it rightfully should
>>
>>3717434
>Tips fedora
Return to Reddit please
>>
I've been replaying them all.

I like how frantic 3 is, how fast paced it is, and the level design is mostly really good.
But it also has issues, fuck the 2nd set of robot masters, replaying in the same level make the game feels like it drags on, and the re-use of MM2 bosses is not good. Also too many instances where a level or boss is limited to a single weapon use, and it feels unpolished at times.

4 truely is most balanced, fair and polished.

6 has a unique feel to it and the jetpack is fun to use.
>>
>>3723214
also I think 2's Willy Stages are the weakest.

One thing I noticed only now is that from 2 onwards, the "feel" of hitting an enemy keeps getting worse. I'm talking about the sound it makes when a hit registers and the way enemies flash. In 2 it feels absolutely awesome, in 3 it's great, in 4 a bit worse, and in 5 and 6 it's pathetic. It's good again in 9.
>>
File: guts_of_steel.png (523KB, 749x584px) Image search: [Google]
guts_of_steel.png
523KB, 749x584px
1. Everything after it was too easy, also 1 has the most iconic bosses.
>>
File: RMCoverPromo.jpg (950KB, 2214x1658px) Image search: [Google]
RMCoverPromo.jpg
950KB, 2214x1658px
>>3723587
1 is also pretty easy honestly. I admit it's more difficult then most of the later games but it's still pretty easy. Either way I do like 1 a lot, pretty underrated.
>>
>>3723587
>1 has the most iconic bosses
Yeah the further along in the series you get, the more abstract and unreadable the boss concepts become.

>Fire man
>A guy with fire hair who shoots fire at you
>Heat man
>A guy shaped like a zippo lighter who shoots fire at you
>Flame man
>A guy wearing a turban who shoots fire at you
>>
File: Zeroknuckle.jpg (196KB, 1033x1447px) Image search: [Google]
Zeroknuckle.jpg
196KB, 1033x1447px
>>3723587
it would be so good if Guts Arm allowed you to rip enemies apart rather than just lifting rocks.
>>
I had to check 3,4,5,6 and 7 just to remember the bosses from each.

I think they are all equally good but i'll go with 2.
>>
>>3723956
I've always thought this too.

They should have at least let you pick up weak enemies like metalls and throw them. The throwable blocks were a neat idea but there's so few of them in the game.
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.