[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Mega Man Legends 1 and 2 were unsung masterpieces, since Crapcom

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 5

File: 1442956516800.png (845KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
1442956516800.png
845KB, 960x720px
Mega Man Legends 1 and 2 were unsung masterpieces, since Crapcom decided to shit on the fanbase by not releasing the sequel, they should remake these games.
>>
Part of the charm is how PS1-janky they are, if they had a modern engine and proper VA-ing they wouldn't be worth touching
>>
>>3716732
Those games are completely broken, you can easily win by just running in circles for the most part.

I only like them because they have cute girls.
>>
File: shrugs.png (499KB, 449x642px) Image search: [Google]
shrugs.png
499KB, 449x642px
>>3716774
>Those games are completely broken
Meh, most 3D action-adventure titles of the title could really classify as that (Hell, one could easily cheese through most of OoT's battles via the Z-targeting system alone). No skin off my bones.
>>
>>3716940
*of the time
fuck
>>
I love how everyone forgot about this series of Mega Man games until they announced and canceled Legends 3. And then suddenly the PS1 copies of the games now cost an arm and a leg.
>>
No remakes needed, just play them as god intended.
>>
oh no there are only 80,000 different mega man games why does capcom hate mega man fans so much
>>
>>3716940
>most 3D action-adventure titles of the time could really classify as that
Exactly, developers were still figuring out how to make 3D games.
>>
>>3716732
I remember playing these and hating the controls, but I really can't remember why. They're in storage so I can't revisit the issue at the moment.
>>
>>3716940
>Z-targeting
Nah, the actual cheese is standing in place and spamming spin attacks by rotating the analog stick

This breaks almost every fight. Works against stalfos, wolfos, gerudo, pretty much anything that will chase after you. You don't even have to wait for their defenses to drop because the AI doesn't know what to do if you aren't targeting
>>
>>3716757
except you're wrong. and I can prove it.

remember the Ridiculous reception Lost planet got when it released on Xbox 360? the game was HUGE. everybody loved it. riiiight up until the shit ending, and lack of replay value. but the game was well done.

Lost planet IS Mega Man Legends. not even fucking joking. the engine was designed for Legends. The idea of lost planet was actually just a tech demo. but Capcom decided to have Inafune create a new IP based off of the tech demo, rather then use the engine for it's intended purpose.

so you see. if the semi open world concept of legends, with it's rich lore and fun character archetypes was mixed with a modern engine, it would have been well received, at least initially. the GREATEST draw back of any shooting/action game created for the 360 was replay value and multiplayer.
>>
>>3717010
you clearly have no idea what you're talking about.
>>
>>3717136
Shame the two sequels were made by western devs.
>>
>>3717149
only the third one was(maybe the spin off too idk). Lost Planet 2 still had Inafune as Executive Producer and was developed by Capcom.
>>
>>3716732
I legitimately think they are the best looking low poly games of all time and I'd hate to see a remaster that just makes a pastel cel shaded aesthetic instead

>>3717136
>>3717358
Lost Planet is fantastic. Both 1 and 2 do so much right. Not surprised the Legends 3 engine was supposed to be that one
>>
Mega Man Legends was a poorly implemented (by modern standards) 3d sandbox game that came out before people figured out how to do 3D sandbox games well. The game is pretty fun in most aspects except for combat, which is poorly designed on several fronts, although it is fairly tolerable during sections which don't require you to move. A game could be developed with the setting and actually end up pretty good if Capcom were to give their Vancouver office the go ahead, since they can at least shit out a tolerable Dead Rising titles. As long as they actually give a shit about the setting and didn't go full nu-frank, anyway.
>>
>>3717410
>Capcom were to give their Vancouver office
Nigga those SJW wankers better stay the fuck away from megaman.
>>
>>3716991
only 2 does
>>
>>3717579
The Misadventures of Tron Bonne goes for more than 2.
>>
>>3716732
Only played 1 but I love it as well. As of recently it seems to get a lot of hate which I think is undeserved. I only played it for the first time last year and loved it. The biggest thing I hear complaints about is the tank controls which I never got. I adjusted to them in minutes. Dungeon exploration was fun and the characters were fun and memorable. Shame about tiezel's voice actor, kinda soils the character for me. I need to get around to playing 2 eventually.
>>3717369
Agreed, only kirby 64 rivals it in my opinion. If more games didn't try to go for realism the graphics of that time would've aged much better.
>>
>>3717138
Nigga is right, there are no less than 10 megaman games. Saying the series went neglected when better games faced much worse destinies is kind of bullshit.
>>
File: 1449265849604.jpg (101KB, 900x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1449265849604.jpg
101KB, 900x1200px
>>3717716
>the series has tons of games so neglecting a spin-off that plays nothing like the other games is okay
>>
>>3716732
>unsung masterpieces
>fans won't stop bitching non stop

You know what people like you make me glad the franchise is dead
>>
>>3716732
they were remade
>>
>>3717845
People talking about old games on /vr/? How surprising! It's almost like what this place is for.
>>
>>3717892

Because that's what I said. Learn to fucking read you retard.
>>
>>3717082
Rotating with L1 and R1 makes you feel like a keyboard turner on WoW.

Also, no way to look up / down iirc. I didn't have analog ps1 controllers back then, so I might be wrong.
>>
I liked the first one better. 2 story was too pretentious with all the anime cliches and mysterious characters.
>>
>>3717716
Mega Man has so many games because it was appropriate to develop at the time. nobody is really that upset that Classic Megaman, X, Zero, Battle Network, or any of the other titles aren't being produced. THE only title any Mega Man fan is really upset about is Legends. Legends was the perfect step into making Mega Man a modern title. Legends DID get fucked as it's own IP. it was a great game with great reception that was left extremely open ended. Capcom has a bunch of garbage IP's they keep putting money into. and more importantly, Capcom is the number one video game company that is stuck in the past. ALL their big IP's are long running titles. there is literally no reason for them to Cancel the Obvious successor to one of their greatest IP's(Creative Differences with Inafune aside).
>>
>>3717918
I think you're wrong? I know you can remap the turning. idk about look. I haven't played this in forever, emulated or otherwise, it makes me depressed.
>>
>>3718706
You can alter the control scheme in the options so that Left/Right turn you and L1/R1 make you strafe.
>>
Yes you can look up in Megaman Legends.
>>
>>3717849
No, they were ported.
>>
>>3717918
L2 or R2 was your free look mode. And it doubled as a janky lock-on too. You're told about it in the tutorial dungeon.
>>
>>3716994
B-But my ending
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.