[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm setting up a Retroarch box and I'm wondering if

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1

File: GB Battlefield 3.jpg (60KB, 667x500px) Image search: [Google]
GB Battlefield 3.jpg
60KB, 667x500px
I'm setting up a Retroarch box and I'm wondering if /vr/ knows of good proven sets of ROM collections. Is there any specific name I should search for? I want untouched ROM collections.
>>
>>3715839
You probably want a "no-intro" set, it will be the easiest to work with. "good sets" are great too but they have a lot of stuff that you won't want like bad dumps and trainers.
>>
>>3715862
This is what I'm talking about. I want sets with just the pure roms, no trainers or anything. Are the no-intro sets what I want?
>>
>>3715935
Yes.
>>
Can anyone point me to a place where I can know which version of the no-intro sets are most up to date and where I'm sure I'm downloading an actual unmodified no-intro set?
>>
>>3716852

Download the torrent at archive.org here: https://archive.org/details/No-Intro-Collection_2015-03-03

make sure to select only the systems you want to shorten the download time.

to verify the sets you have go to romcenter.com and download romcenter. Then go to http://datomatic.no-intro.org/ and get the dat files for the system you want to verify. Load the downloaded dats into romcenter and point the program to the folder that has the roms you want to verify.
>>
>>3716881
Direct and thorough. Many thanks for the input anon.
>>
>>3716958
No problem.

Here's a pro tip. No intro likes to keep things decluttered so for systems like the genesis that saw some cartridges released world wide there will be a specific naming convention. Take Streets of Rage for the genesis as an example. The us jap and eu version are all the same physical cart, and to keep out multiple versions of the exact same rom they choose to name it Bare Knuckle - Streets of Rage. Keep that in mind when your searching for a game alphabetically and don't see what you want, you're going to have to look up the jap name.
>>
>>3716969
Roger that, will take that into account.

Since you seem to be a well versed anon I'm gonna ask. I'm setting this up on a 1080p HDTV (I know I know). Any good filters you'd recommend for Retroarch for the likes of GameBoy and NES, or any pointers?
>>
>>3717012
FIlters are personal preference. Fiddle with them until you like the result.
>>
>>3717012
I don't know anything about /vr/ on modern tv. As for retroarch it's fairly easy to use once you learn the interface. If you end up using the mednafen cores for cd systems like psx make sure the bios files are named exactly like mednafen requires. You can find out what to name them on the mednafen site.
>>
>>3716881
Why are you linking to that version of the set when there's a more up to date one here?
https://archive.org/details/No-Intro-Collection_2016-01-03_Fixed
>>
>>3717154
It was the first one that came up. Probably not much difference between the two besides name changes or one or two rom revisions being added.
>>
>>3717019
>>3717029
>>3717157
Aight. Thanks.
>>
This seems pretty interesting, and make me feel an idiot for never caring about the fidelity of my roms. So from my little understanding, is this only a thing with catridge based games? aside from hacked and modified disc images, is there something as a "bad dump" of a iso?
>>
>>3718195
Yes. There is a project at redump.org (which is down atm) that aims to properly copy every disc based game by adhering to a set of rules they have defined.
>>
>>3718210
but their torrents/files are only ever on private trackers so good fucking luck finding them
>>
>>3718216
They are out there. The psx set is on archive.org. I don't know about any others.
>>
>>3718210
Thanks.

>>3718232
Damn, i am mostly interested about a Saturn set
>>
>>3718232
>The psx set is on archive.org
?
There's only a very incomplete set (missing whole letters) by a john something and a .xml file
>>
>>3718247
Well my bad but you can still Google resumption torrent and find some stuff
>>
>>3718232
>>3718243
Ain't the Saturn and PSX isos in the no-intro sets?
>>
>>3719202
Looking through the list of dats they maintain I don't see ps1 or Saturn. So no.
>>
>>3719216
Curious. Why do they have PS3 stuff, but not PS1 and PS2?
>>
>>3719202
>Ain't the Saturn and PSX isos in the no-intro sets?
no
neither is PS3
you're probably just looking at indexing data, they never released the full packs with the isos for download
>>
>>3719250
hmm alright
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.