[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How much space is your retro ROM collection? What systems? Where

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 5

File: 1482404897022.png (35KB, 640x400px) Image search: [Google]
1482404897022.png
35KB, 640x400px
How much space is your retro ROM collection? What systems? Where did you get them? (Torrents, HTTP, kazaa?)

Finding anything other than Nintendo systems seems to be getting more and more difficult these days.
>>
File: collection.png (45KB, 820x427px) Image search: [Google]
collection.png
45KB, 820x427px
142 GB. Most from the Internet Archive.
FM Towns is the the largest part as that's the only CD based system where I downloaded a large set instead of single images.
>>
>>3714590
Around 250 gigs, though MAME, PS1, and N64 account for most of the bulk.
>>
>>3714590
1 gig or less I assume. Most of it is Neo Geo. I see no point in keeping games that I won't play anyway
>>
My ROMs take up about 2 walls.
>>
>>3714590
I got all of mine from Kazaa.
Who wouldn't trust all_systems_rom_collection_mp3_photoshop_full_warez_teen_anal_moby_porcelain_xxx.mp3.exe 16Kb
>>
>>3714658
What is Sega - Megadrive?
>>
>>3714723
How the Genesis is known outside of North America.
>>
File: Capture.png (60KB, 1395x418px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
60KB, 1395x418px
>>3714590
pic related plus a complete playstation 1 and mame+chd sets. It's probably around 6TB total.
>>
>>3714810
Why do you have a gog folder for three different OS?
What is T-English?
>>
File: wojacksmile.jpg (92KB, 601x508px) Image search: [Google]
wojacksmile.jpg
92KB, 601x508px
>have 250 GBs of ROMS for every system since 1970s to 2000s

>replay the same 3 or 4 games every year
>actually spend more time tweaking configs and arguing about crt monitors than playing

do not even try and deny this is you, anon
>>
>>3714825
I have windows at home and a mac desktop. I grabbed the Linux set to seed. T-eng is a English translation rom set for various consoles
>>
>>3714658
What is the internet archive?
>>
>>3715091
https://archive.org/index.php
>>
File: please go back.gif (887KB, 500x280px) Image search: [Google]
please go back.gif
887KB, 500x280px
>>3714829
Yeah, I mean, you're not wrong, per se.

But the thing is, that when I do finally sit down to play, it's for days on end. It's usually when I have time off from work with little else to do. So at that point, I pretty much only pause and pry myself away from a game to make another pot of coffee or empty my bladder.

>>3714590

There used to be a service back in the day before torrents came about. Dudes that would copy and send to you entire console libraries on CD and then later DVD media for the cost of shipping and the media used. It took an awful lot of time for no reward, and I still don't understand why they would do it. But I'm grateful because around the time of the PS2, I found a dude who was willing to send me everything from the 5th gen all the way back to Pong.

The sets aren't complete though, as I only find a JP or EU version of a game if there was no NA counterpart released. I don't mind. For 4th gen and earlier, finding a rom is easy because they're all on one disc. But finding a Saturn or PSX iso can take some time. MAME takes some time to sort through as well.

Anyway, I posted how many DVDs it is in another thread like a week ago. Yeah, I should put it all on an external HD or something. Pic related.
>>
>>3715178
>>There used to be a service back in the day before torrents came about. Dudes that would copy and send to you entire console libraries on CD and then later DVD media for the cost of shipping and the media used. It took an awful lot of time for no reward, and I still don't understand why they would do it. But I'm grateful because around the time of the PS2, I found a dude who was willing to send me everything from the 5th gen all the way back to Pong.

Does anyone remember a dude from the late nineties and early 2000s that went by the name Eggman? He ran a site called Eggmans Emulation Archive and posted on game forums. He basically had full sets for every single console up to whatever was current and burned them for a price. He showed pictures of his setup and there were several pc with dozens of cd and dvd burners it was insane. A full set for a cd system would take reams of dvds.

I actually bought some shit from him back in the day.
>>
>>3715178
That's how people traded anime back in the day. People used to copy VHS tapes and send them in the mail. Truly, it was a barbarous time.
>>
How do you guys decide which files to download from Internet Archive? I often see mutliple copies of the same game, and although I often run in a sandboxed environment, I don't always..
>>
>>3715390
I mostly grabbed the No-Into and Neo Kobe packs.
Only time I downloaded single games was for the Saturn.
>>
>>3714590
700mb.

Mainly Genesis, NES, SG-1000 and PCE.
>>
>>3714714
Do people still use the gnutella network or is it just a bunch of FBI agents trading cp?
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.