[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Have any of you actually best this game without save States

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

File: Super_Star_Wars_box_art.jpg (88KB, 360x250px) Image search: [Google]
Super_Star_Wars_box_art.jpg
88KB, 360x250px
Have any of you actually best this game without save States or shaders?
>>
>>3714456
> or shaders
What did this he by mean?
>>
I used to play this game as a 3 year old in 98. Could never even beat the first level. I think I got up to the pit boss a few times but thats it
>>
I beat this game when I was a kid. You honestly just have to have the best gun (personally) throughout the whole game. If you lose it, it's pretty much game over; especially when you get to that tavern? boss fight.
>>
>>3714456
The first time I almost beat it the game bugged out on the final level where you fly the X-Wing and blow up the death star. It was fucking bullshit but I actually did beat it a few weeks later.
>>
I beat all 3 back then, on the highest difficulty. When I replayed them few years ago I was amazed how cheap everything is.
>debris hit you and push you
>spikes, spikes everywhere
>autoscroll with bottomless pits with enemies designed to push you.
Jedi is probably the fairer of the 3, but it has the horrible forrest speeder level, both cheap and ugly.
>>
>>3714693
It's challenging
>>
>>3714592
Really? You weren't able to beat the first level on an infamously difficult game when you were probably still wearing diapers?
How bad can you be, senpai.
>>
>>3714741
eh I'm wearing a diaper right now, if anything it helps you focus on games
>>
>>3714456
>shaders
how do those help you beat the game?
>>
The first one and Jedi are easy enough to beat. Empire is complete bullshit, though.
>>
>>3714732
it's cheap for the sake of cheap.
And as >>3714597 said, losing a life and the power up chain usually mean game over, at least up until luke gets the saber.
>>
>>3714607
I cant find anything about this bug on the internet anywhere. I was just starting the final level where you go into the death star's trench and then everything went black but my hud and the enemy tie fighters flying towards me, but they couldn't shoot at me and I couldn't shoot at them and I just had to turn the console off.
>>
>>3714776
does the SNES even have shaders
>>
>>3714456
>without shaders

wat
>>
File: 46169_front.jpg (90KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
46169_front.jpg
90KB, 640x640px
>>3714456
I'll raise you.
>>
>>3715575
Do tell.
I know this is pretty infamous, but I've never seen anyone go into detail about it.
>>
>>3715182
He's being disparaging towards those who emulate.
>>
>>3714456
I made it to the last level (where you fly as the X-Wing to blow up the deathstar) with a complete set of lives and continues, but I had no idea what I was doing in this level. I was 10-11 at the time and me and my friend took turns and we rarely died throughout the entire game because once you get powerups and keep stacking them the game gets easy but if you die once you are fucked.

We probably played for 2-3 hours to make it that far (this was during a sleepover) and it was such a dissapointment for us not to be able to beat it. 5 years later I was at another friends house and we used cheats to warp to the last level and I beat it second try.

So to answer your question, No I haven't
>>
I can beat a few levels in SSW, I can beat SRotJ, but SESB is pretty much fucking impossible.
>>
>>3715575
That's the same as the NES
>>
>>3714456
I used the cheat menus usually.
I never god-moded my character, but just outfitted some good gear and went at it.
Made the game more fun to my 9yo stupid self.

I should revisit the series and play em hardcore. Just because I finally have the patience.
>>
>>3714456
>shaders
Anyone who beat it and isn't underage did it without those.
>>
>>3716001
I used to play as Wicket in every level. The Emperor goes down really easy to his arrows.
>>
>>3714456
I beat all three as a kid, but haven't given them a shot since. Should pick them up again, honestly.
>>
The Cantina Boss is fucking bullshit and so is the stage where you escape Mos Eisley where there is bombs and claws everywhere.

If a bomb explodes you get hurt. If the debris, which tracks you, hits you, you get hurt. You run past it and get grabbed by a claw.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.