[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sup /vr/ What is the best way to emulate PS1 games with authentic

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 4

File: Cheryl_compared.png (574KB, 2560x960px) Image search: [Google]
Cheryl_compared.png
574KB, 2560x960px
Sup /vr/
What is the best way to emulate PS1 games with authentic graphic? You know, something similar to what you can get from real console. Bonus points for nice CRT filter.
>>
>>3714387
>What is the best way to emulate PS1 games with authentic graphic?
>something similar to what you can get from real console
Just play it on a fucking PS1? It plays burned games, you retard. I will never understand people who focus on accuracy yet play games on LCD screens and emulate.
>>
>>3714387
pSXfin emulator. Fast and easy to setup.
>>
>>3714395
>Just play it on a fucking PS1?
Well that's definitely the best solution. But I simply don't have one. So emulation is my only option.
>>
>>3714404
people sell them for like $15
>>
Mednafen
>>
>>3714398
Already tried. Got some glitched effects, like ghosting in Silent Hill loading screen.
>>
>>3714407
This. Mednafen is the only PS1 emulator that Just Works and Is Good.
>>
>>3714430
I had never encountered a single issue with ePSXE on android
>>
File: s1.png (460KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
s1.png
460KB, 1280x960px
Mednafen with CRT filter is what I find most appealing.
>>
>>3714440
clearly the dithering is not working as intended
>>
>>3714442
And which emulator do the job right?
>>
>>3714491
>emulator
it's a problem with LCD and pixels.

Look up how a cathode ray works.
>>
Why do people want CRT filters for 3D games?

I can totally understand for 2D games but it doesn't really work with 3D
>>
>>3714503
crt scanlines filters make the jagged triangular ps1 polygons more bearable

silent hill is a terrible example because of dithering, but games like crash bandicot look better
>>
What you're actually trying to emulate is a shitty CRT, not "what the consoles output".
>>
>>3714387
RetroArch.
Mednafen core.
Load up an NTSC shader. Go for ntsc.cgp or ntsc-svideo.cgp depending on if you like fringing or not respectively. Regardless of which one you pick, remove the last 2 shader passes from the menu. This is usually the step people forget about for some reason, and also the step that's gonna blend the dithering, correct the colors, blur what you're not supposed to see, etc.
Add crt-hyllian-3d.cg (this one lets you adjust the scanlines depending on the game, which you should do due to the variable resolutions of the PSX or you're left with barely visible extremely thin scanlines half the time) as the last shader pass, you should be left with 2 ntsc passes and one crt pass.
You should probably only have either the crt or ntsc shader adjusting the gamma, not sure which though.
>>
>>3714506
Yes, pretty much this.
>>3714512
Thank you, good sir.
>>
just play it in 640x480
>>
>>3714406
Not in singapoor, they've all been trashed.
>>
>>3714504
>>3714503
Just download the ePSXe plugin that corrects "jaggies" in PSX games.... Dumbasses.

Inb4 jagged is the way devs intended.
>>
>>3714568
I'm playing on android
>>
>>3714583
You're doing it wrong then.
>>
>>3714412
Such as?
I've mostly used ePSXe and nowadays PGXP, and with a software plugin, the visuals are pretty much authentic looks. You just gotta enable the dithering effect.
>>
>>3714387
>I will never understand people who emulate but care about the quality of the emulation
smart group we got here
>>
>>3714406
That's about triple what I normally see them for.
>>
>>3714440
That looks pretty damn good. Does that emu run on mac?
>>
>>3714406
this will come as a shock, but there's countries besides the usa.
>>
>>3714432
can't progress in alien ressurection. had to screw around with graphics because water was fucked up in duke nukem dunno which one. duke nukem 3d same thing.

but generally yes, it+s good. i've finished dozens of games on epsxe.
>>
>>3715356
lol why
>>
File: playstation.gif (183KB, 327x500px) Image search: [Google]
playstation.gif
183KB, 327x500px
>>3714387
>What is the best way to emulate PS1 games with authentic graphic?
Does this mean no graphics?
>>
>>3714387
xebra/arbex is a good emulator that doesn't get mentioned a lot

Last time I used it the controller config was broken though.
>>
>>3714387
Why would anyone come to /vr/ and not even have the most popular retro console?
If OP wasn't from r/pcmasterrace he would at least had PS2 or PS3 and could just play it off the disc or PSN download on PS3, PSP, PS Vita.
>>
>>3714568

And that plugin, is..?
>>
>>3715563
KEK.

¿Any good emu without shaky textures?
>>
>>3714565
Buy one from China off Taobao
>>
>>3717821
>If OP wasn't from r/pcmasterrace he would at least had PS2 or PS3 and could just play it off the disc or PSN download
1. OP is slavfag, and in slavstan /vr/ consoles in decent condition aren't cheap.
2. I already got Pal PS2 Slim 90k with half-assed mars modchip clone, which means I'm fucked.
>>
>>3717821
>Why would anyone come to /vr/ and not even have the most popular retro console?
...an android phone?
>>
>>3714440
>>3714442

I do not have OpenGL 3

Am I going to be able to do this with MED or not, because quite simply shaders suck.
>>
>>3720053
Nevermind I just downloaded it and its a nightmare to setup because the programmer is a dumbass. Not using.
>>
>>3714406
Fucking where? Even goodwill charges like $30 for them now
>>
>>3720116
just get a PS2 for about that same price (I got a Gamecube from a pawn shop for 30, should be a similar price).

then you can play PS2 stuff too
>>
File: Ps_konsole_scph_1002_back.jpg (50KB, 1000x246px) Image search: [Google]
Ps_konsole_scph_1002_back.jpg
50KB, 1000x246px
What's the RFU DC out used for?
>>
>>3720116
Try craigslist. If it isn't nintendo related you can typically get video game stuff off craigslist for a good price if you look around.

I still see amazing PS2 lots in my area that come with 20+ games that are decent and the system for less than 20 usd.
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.