[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just shy of a Raspberry Pi what is the best setup for an emulation

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

File: c1o378b1azdx.png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
c1o378b1azdx.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
Just shy of a Raspberry Pi what is the best setup for an emulation station in my living room? Bonus points for easy or accurate input options (multiple usb slots or even original controller ports)
>>
PC
>>
>>3714024
Raspberry Pi 3 is ok, just not great. Somet tinkering and technical knowledge needed to squeeze out every last drop of performance.

Check RetroPie wiki for list of systems that can't be emulated, and list of highly accurate emulators that will have horrible performance on the Pi.

I suggest building a Mini ITX AMD APU PC if you can afford it.
>>
Just buy a Wii and soft mod it
>>
The Pi has so much potential, but it's ruined by game breaking input lag. The lag problem actually gets worse when you add borders, additional filters, etc
>>
>>3714224
Use Lakka instead of Retropie, Retropie seems to have more lag
>>
>>3714024
Best bet is an android box or a mini pc
>>
>>3714024

Just be a lazy casual and get a Retron 5.
>>
>>3714024
Hacked Wii
>>
>>3714180
>Mini ITX AMD APU PC
Why not Mini-STX and Intel? ATX and AMD are the poor man's choice.
>>
>>3714295
If you have the money to go Intel, sure that works. I just assumed someone wants something with reasonably powerful GPU for very cheap.
>>
>>3714315
You don't need a powerful GPU for emulation. It's all about the single core performance and there Intel is top.
>>
>>3714257
Yeah but that thing can't play roms for whatever reason.. Plus I'd probably just grab a 2, I didn't grow up on Genesis so I'll likely have little I need from it to justify the price jump from 2 to 5.
>>
>>3714180
>>3714093
These. Just get a fucking pc and hook it up to your tv.
>>
>>3714024
>Super Star Wars
>Mortal Kombat II
Gross. Replace those with Tetris Attack and The Ninjawarriors Again and it's a 10/10 list
>>
i like emucontrolcenter
>>
>>3714024
See this
>>3714093

If presentation matters, buy a brix. I made a custom case for mine and dremelled and led 4 USB ports spaced out in the front for an N64-like feel
>>
>>3715121
What sort of performance do you get on the Brix? I'm honestly incredibly happy with my Pi's 8 and 16 bit emulation. Does N64 work well?
>>
>>3714024
There are very few devices worse than a memeberry for what you want to do. Probably nothing made in your lifetime.
>>
>>3714202
>>3714279
Do this, it's super easy to soft mod a Wii and you can play anything from Atari 2600 to (some) N64 and PS1 games, homebrew (Doom engine!), plus booting GC and Wii games.
>>
>>3714024
A PC you fucking fool.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.