[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>tfw all the games you love were made by people who were,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4

File: oba2.jpg (140KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
oba2.jpg
140KB, 1920x1080px
>tfw all the games you love were made by people who were, at the time, younger than you are now

It feels weird knowing that, for example, Super Mario Bros was developed by a young 20-something Shiggy.
>>
He was in his early 30s.
>>
File: shieeet.jpg (12KB, 480x360px)
shieeet.jpg
12KB, 480x360px
>>
Doesn't really change much. Genius exists in many fields, I was making good money out of college so who gives a shit? I'm happy doing what I'm doing so what use is it trying to stack myself up to some other person?
>>
>>3713869

You're right. But take Takashi Tezuka for example, he's the real mastermind behind SMB series, and he was 24 or 25 at the time.
>>
File: oba1.jpg (14KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
oba1.jpg
14KB, 480x360px
>>3713891

oba oba!
>>
Success and age don't always pair up. Generally, the earlier someone gets famous for something, the harder it is for them to maintain it.
>>
>>3713792
>>3713891
>>3713930
Leandro is a fucking hero.
>>
>>3713792
Jesus tommy tallarico looks like shit these days
>>
>>3715793

If by hero you mean a fucking psychopath that fucked his best friend (and real mastermind behind Lazer)'s widow mere hours away he passed away.
Also, he fomented normalfags and degenerates into the fandom.

Everyone that was worth something working at Lazer ended up distancing themselves from him. The guy only cares about money.
>>
>>3715807
>If by hero you mean a fucking psychopath that fucked his best friend (and real mastermind behind Lazer)'s widow mere hours away he passed away.
I didn't know this. Any source?

>Also, he fomented normalfags and degenerates into the fandom.
Literally nothing wrong with this. If it wasn't for him anime wouldn't have been popular in our country and it wouldn't have aired on tv or even sold VHS. Would you rather have a shitty secret club with other 2 faggots where you masturbate to pictures of Asuka and discuss movies that you wouldn't even have seen, get jumped by niggers for having a DBZ shirt and get bullied at school for drawing anime girls in your notebook?

Yeah, of course, he is a greedy piece of shit but you can't deny that he was important for acceptance and spreading of japanese culture. Doubt we would even have manga in here without him.
>>
>>3715819
>If it wasn't for him anime wouldn't have been popular in our country and it wouldn't have aired on tv or even sold VHS

?
Oberto was the reason why Dragon Ball, Sailor Moon or Saint Seiya were popular here? No, it's the other way around, he rode the success of these series to sell his magazine.
Also, what about Mazinger and Robotech? Even a decade before Lazer existed, anime started to be popular here.
>>
To be fair, it was a lot easier to enter the console development market back then than it is these days. You could develop for the NES on any machine with an assembler for 6502 processors (which would be just about any machine). The equipment and electrical knowledge required to build debugging cartridges was pretty damn low, too. The hardest part for a small studio would've been finding a publisher that wasn't going to screw them over.

These days you can't even thinking of getting into console dev without a budget in the tens of millions of dollars and lots of personal connections.
>>
>>3715972
>These days you can't even thinking of getting into console dev without a budget in the tens of millions of dollars and lots of personal connections.

But you can make an indie PC game with minimum to none knowledge about coding.

Look at the undermeme developer, he's what, a 25 year old kid? And he did the whole game using game maker, he doesn't even know how to port the game which is why the game is PC exclusive.
>>
>>3715941
But those weren't even mainstream. If Lazer didn't exist, anime would've completely died in here. This is a fact, anime was way more popular in the 90s and early 00s than it was in the 80s, and then it died again when the Lazer stopped being produced. Now we only have bolivian narutards who want to fit in somewhere and attention whores.
>>
File: recca2.jpg (121KB, 526x840px) Image search: [Google]
recca2.jpg
121KB, 526x840px
>>3713792

Flame of Recca was better
>>
>>3716145

No, seriously, Dragon Ball, Saint Seiya and Sailor Moon was probably the time anime was at its peak of popularity here, do you seriously think they became popular because of Lazer? The Lazer didn't even start appearing until 1997 (with a Sailor Moon picture on the cover to attract customers, since SM was pretty popular that year).
Saint Seiya was already popular as fuck in 1995, and Dragon Ball, well... you seriously think something as big as DB needed Lazer to become popular?

You're seriously wrong, sorry dude.

Oberto was very smart as a businessman, but he is not the reason anime was popular here, not in a million years. Anime was popular all across south america, starting with Mexico where the dubs came from.

>and then it died again when the Lazer stopped being produced

What are you talking about? Anime popularity died? lolno, especially not with today's streaming sites and free scanned manga.

>Now we only have bolivian narutards who want to fit in somewhere and attention whores.

that's precisely what I was talking about, you can thank Oberto for the narutards and especially the attention whores. Look up Lazer Nights events, it's when all the degenerancy started.
>>
And now we have nostalgic 30-something retards shitting indie crap "inspired" by what they liked in their childhoods and creating bad games for themselves.
If gaming is shit today, JUST imagine in about 10 years.
>>
>>3715991
>25
>kid
>25
>kid
>25
>kid
>25
>kid
>25
>kid
>>
>>3717541
Gaming has always been shit to people who only play shit games
>>
>>3717571

Are you OK anon?
Are you OK anon?
Are you OK anon?
Are you OK anon?
Are you OK anon?
>>
>>3717626
The stupidity was so overwhelming it made it echo in my head for about a minute.
>>
>>3713792
>having trouble coming to grips with the fact that people age
>pretending to be more than 12 years old

>>3717637
A hollow chamber will do that
>>
>>3713792
joke's on you im 21 year old and got a lot of life opportinities for the future
>>
>>3718412
>already 21
>posting on 4chan

Anon, I...
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.