[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Reminder that the best GBA flash card sticks out of your Micro

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 5

File: IMG_6297.jpg (302KB, 2000x1500px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6297.jpg
302KB, 2000x1500px
Reminder that the best GBA flash card sticks out of your Micro like a fucking tumor.
>>
>>3711629
Not retro.
>>
Nobody in their right mind would play on the micro anyway, it's a collector's item at best
>>
>>3711640
Wow look how wrong you are.
>>
The same happens with GB/GBC carts on the GBA.

Anyway, I love my Mother 3 model Micro and I love playing my GBA games on it, sadly I don't have a flashcart though, but still not retro.
>>
>>3711695
Jealous, dude. That thing is one of my grail consoles.
>>
>>3711643
He's right you passive aggressive faggot.
>>
>>3711769

The micro has a really sharp, nitid screen though. Arguably better than the SP-101 due to more pixel density, although I could see how some people might be bothered due to the size, GBA games look splendid on Micro.
The D-pad is also really great, feels better than regular GBA/SP one.

It's okay to use the Micro, although yeah, they have become to expensive lately that it might be better to not use it at all to avoid breaking it or something, although they seem to be very sturdy.
>>
>I have 2 gb micro, 1 famicom edition, 1 silver.
>have no sentimental value to me.
>the prices keep increasing
1000 dollars a piece when?
>>
>>3711773
Do you have a micro? I do, and the screen is meh. If you tilt it just slightly the screen goes all washed out, it makes is a disappointment to play.
>>
>>3711773
The Micro has no backwards compatibility with GameBoy or GameBoy Color games, can't use the e-reader or any GB/GBC accessories, and requires adapters to use GBA accessories.

If pixel density is everything, why don't you play or emulate at a smaller screen size? The Micro has a 2 inch screen. Why not play on a 1 inch screen for twice the pixel density?
>>
>>3711801
You had a good case, and then you ruined it by being an asshat.
>>
>>3711791
Wrong
>>
>>3711916
The Micro has less vivid colors than others models of GameBoys.
>>
>>3711940
Ok
>>
>>3711640
This. You'd have to be some sort of ant to enjoy playing on the Micro's 2 inch screen.
>>
>>3711940

Huh? The one with less vivid colors is the regular GBA and the regular SP. Micro and SP-101 have really vivid colors.
>>
>>3711640
> Best screen on a GBA
> Best buttons on a GBA
> Headphone Jack
> Portable as shit
> Made of fucking METAL
> Aesthetic as hell
>>
>>3711640
I'd go so far as saying the micro is the best portable ever!
>>
File: download (6).jpg (7KB, 262x192px) Image search: [Google]
download (6).jpg
7KB, 262x192px
I bought a Micro because it was on sale at the time. I felt awful buyer's remorse afterwards. A decade later, I feel much, much better about it.
I'm still torn between the Micro and the SP-101, but it's still a worthwhile item in my collection.

What flashcart is that btw? I have an old Supercard MiniSD (how is regular SD still alive but mini isn't?) with a dead battery. It can still do realtime saves though so it's not useless.
>>
>>3712520
EverDrive GBA X5
>>
>>3712403
and nobody can hold this tiny thing for long periods of time without cramped hands except little turbo manlets
>>
>>3712690
Sorry about your shriveled up nerd boy hands.
>>
>>3712520
The battery should only be for clock functions in games that support it, if you use the L+Select+[?] command to do a regular save (as opposed to whatever button combo is RTS) it should write it to the SD card.
>>
>>3712403
- The AGS-101 screen has better viewing angles than the Micro
- D-pad is too small
- GBA isn't known for its sound chip; original has one anyway
- Uncomfortable as shit
- Still uncomfortable as shit
- Still uncomfortable as hell

>>3712704
Tell us more about your tiny, woman hands. Please.
>>
>>3711629
Reminder that the GBA isn't fucking retro!
>>
>>3712817

>that hate for the Micro

Do you really own one?
>>
>>3712972
Lad, why are you shitposting about the Micro on /vr/? It ain't retro and won't be for a while.

Go channel your buyer's remorse into shitposts on >>>/v/
>>
>>3713073

But I'm not the one shitposting, though.

>>3712817 is the one that is:
1. Angry
2. Shitposting about a non-retro console
>>
>can't play gameboy games on a micro
Why not just use a based gba sp?
>>
>>3713216

Or just a gameboy color
>>
>>3713216
Or use Goomba color on a flashcard on a micro, like a fucking normal person.
>>
>>3713224
>he doesn't own his favorite games
>>
>>3713224
>Emulation
>>
File: 8125156544.jpg (184KB, 780x809px) Image search: [Google]
8125156544.jpg
184KB, 780x809px
>>3713249

>He doesn't play his favorite games in the hardware they were desgined for

If you're not playing Game Boy games in a dot matrix screen, you're doing it wrong.
>>
>>3713257

I like seeing what I'm playing
>>
>>3713272

Haha yeah I know, there are people who perform mods to get OG gameboys with backlight though, but I personally never had too much trouble, but yeah you need an external light source, can't play in pitch darkness.

If that's not your problem and you still can't see shit, get a pair of glasses.
>>
>>3713224
>Normal person
>Playing on a Micro

Pick one and only one.
>>
Ez flash 4 doesn't stick out and it can emulate gb/gbc.
>>
File: sadfish.jpg (25KB, 336x320px) Image search: [Google]
sadfish.jpg
25KB, 336x320px
>mfw I just use an ezflash iv
these noobs will never know of this bullshit piece of hardware's ability to suck and rule at the same time.
>>
>>3713590
They're so cheap now, I should really get one to replace my SuperCard...
>>
>>3713559
It doesn't have RTC and you have to restart the GBA to save every time. Also you have to patch your roms before you use them. Quite annoying but at least it's cheap.
>>
>>3712776
I'll try it out when I get home, thanks. It's been a decade since I last used this thing.
>>
File: Spoonfeed_me.jpg (2MB, 2304x1728px) Image search: [Google]
Spoonfeed_me.jpg
2MB, 2304x1728px
I see this thread is still up, and was hoping /v/ would guide my hips. I am getting in that Everdrive in OP. So, uh, now that supposedly homebrew is made easy, what now? What do I get?
>>
>>3714668
Nice I have an identical hardware setup except spice and mod chip.

Anyways if you're looking to play GBA on that, get the GB Interface .DOL and put it on an SD and load it up. Easy.
>>
>>3713814
Put the entire rom library on it like 5 years ago and haven't had any issues with it. Saves are just a necessary evil I accepted with my first flash cart back in like 2000...
>>
>>3711724
>grail
>common recent console you can still find nib for pocket change
Spotted the underage
>>
>>3716078

>pocket change

I agree you can still find the Mother 3 deluxe box, but is $800 pocket change to you? If so, jelly.
>>
>>3716078
>$700
>Pocket change

How rich are you, man?
>>
>>3712817
You forgot no GB/GBC backwards compatibility.
Thread posts: 50
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.