[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

> game is originally based on a super sentai show > has

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2

File: Shatterhand_cover.jpg (69KB, 300x426px) Image search: [Google]
Shatterhand_cover.jpg
69KB, 300x426px
> game is originally based on a super sentai show
> has one of the most original and cool power up systems in video games
> has superb action and control, one of the best on the system
What went so right?
>>
It also has great graphics and one of the best soundtracks on the NES.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YYGKW8vyYXU
>>
>>3707187
I think it was the other way around. Shatter Hand was made first, then adapted a tv-licensed game in Japan
>>
>>3707246
Both were developed at the same time. IIRC there is barely 2 months between the release of the two games, which at the time between regions, is nothing.
>>
>>3707246
>>3707249
I guess it had to be originally planned as a licensed game, because of all the abilities and enemies. They couldn't be not related to the show, right?

The games are pretty much the same otherwise, except with different hero sprites and some level differences.
>>
Meme game. Nobody cared about it until Game Grumps covered it.
>>
>>3707273
>The games are pretty much the same otherwise, except with different hero sprites and some level differences.

There is more to it, iirc both characters are nothing alike, like they have different gameplay, different power ups. Each game has an exclusive levels and bosses swaped, with exclusive bosses too iirc. Also Shatterhand is much more difficult.
>>
>>3707187
>>3707234
The music is top notch. The music reminds me a lot of NES Batman.

>>3707278
Oh, I see. I guess I'll throw away my cherished childhood copy since Game Grumps did something with it.
>>
>>3707297
>There is more to it, iirc both characters are nothing alike, like they have different gameplay, different power ups.
Not really. The character sprites are different, and you have different blocks instead of coins. Otherwise, it's all the same punching action with assist robots. I play both versions interchangeably, but I haven't beaten them yet so can't tell all the differences.

>>3707278
>Game Grumps
Lel wot. I heard about this game a lot of times even before avgn.
>>
>>3707278

You must be over 18 to post here.
>>
>>3707187
>game is originally based on a super sentai show
Solbrain was a Metal Hero, not Super Sentai. Super Sentai was Japanese Power Rangers like Jetman and Zyuranger (which both got FC games too).
t, /m/echa poster
>>
>>3707437
K
>>
>>3707278
Found out about this game from racketboy.
>>
>>3707437
There is a famicom Sentai game though, Choujin Sentai Jetman, and I could swear it runs in the same engine as Shatterhand.
>>
>>3707278
So I have those faggots to thank for the game shooting up in price. It was only like 4 years ago I bought a sealed for less than half of what a loose cart is going for now. All I wanted was a casual play copy without having to dig through storage.
>>
>>3707595
Get a flashcart or a repro. These are the times we live in
>>
>>3707278
Fuck you it's a game from my russian dendy childhood.
>>
>>3707453
Just making sure you guys get your toku terminology right.
>>3707540
Which I've already mentioned in my post when I wrote "Jetman". Natsume made both, Solbrain and Jetman, along with all the Power Rangers games on Super NES (including that weird kart racer based on Zeo). I think they also did the Gaoranger and Hurricaneger on PS1 too, along with a few of the Power Rangers on GBC.
>>
>>3707675
>along with all the Power Rangers games on Super NES
It's funny that they also made the 2D fighter one, which ALSO turned out great. These damn guys…
>>
>>3707187
>Can't even get the Famicom Cart's cheap. Jeeze...
>>
>natsume action platformer is great
more news at 11
>>
>>3707278
Just because you're underaged and/or unknowledgeable as fuck doesn't mean everyone else is.
>>
Great game. I noticed some similarities between Sunsoft's Batman and this, like the player's running animation, they both punch and so on. I wonder who is the guy from the cover, if someone working at Natsume America or is just from an image library, it will remain a mistery.
>>
>>3707187
I love this game, but that lag in the 2nd half of the last level is absolutely heartbreaking...jumping for the chain link fence, grab input gets eaten...falling falling...
>>
>>3707187

I remember reading reviews in EGM about this game. Those knuckle heads introduced me to a company, via this game, that I have come to realize they can do no wrong. I have yet to play a game from Natsume that I didn't enjoy. Shatter Hand was and still is a great game.
>>
>>3707453
I really wish this passive aggressive shit was a bannable offense I've been seeing it nonstop from cunts who got mad about being proved wrong and can't come up with an actual response.
>>
File: shatner-mashable-hed-2015.jpg (148KB, 652x367px) Image search: [Google]
shatner-mashable-hed-2015.jpg
148KB, 652x367px
What about Shatnerhand?
>>
>>3707187
Only thing I remember about this game were the graphics. It seriously could pass for a SNES game.
>>
>>3710684
I'm always tempted to call this game "Shitterhand", but it's an excellent game and so I can't do that.
>>
>>3707278
I grew up with a shitty Famiclone and didn't get to play it there, but I found out about it on my early days on /v/ eons before /vr/ let alone Game Grumps were a thing
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.