[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there any place or service that restores CRTs to perfect conditions

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: rkmbS4b[1].jpg (638KB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
rkmbS4b[1].jpg
638KB, 3264x2448px
Is there any place or service that restores CRTs to perfect conditions (ie manually fixing convergence and color issues)?
>>
Buy a bar magnet. It'll make any CRT good as new.
>>
>>3704926
Probably.

You're almost always better to just get a new one. Late year, 00 or 03 model TV's are still going strong. Hell, I have TV's from the 80's that are still going strong.
>>
>project m on shrek tv
could this image be anymore euphoric?
>>
>>3704926
I had a TV about that size when I was a kid. A more dignified Zenith with a VCR built-in that didn't work, but still one of those cheap little CRTs with the mono speaker.

Played so much Spyro curled up by the heater on a cold winter day.
>>
Repair places will only make it barely presentable and call it quits

That's just how it is these days
>>
>>3704964
My daily drivers are a Mitsubishi from 1988 and a Commodore from 1984. Neither have given me issues.
>>
>>3704926
You must seek the remaining CRT sage within the mountains of Tibet.
>>
>>3704926
SOME
>>
If you're willing to make the trek, you could go to an 8th world country where a sizeable percentage of the population still use CRTs and have a repairman fix it.

If you're retarded enough to go on this adventure, be sure to film it.
>>
>>3706003
You mean P.R.C?
>>
>>3704926
If your town has a local vacuum and appliance shop, ask there. I do not mean a place that sells new appliances. I mean that shady little shit hole filled with old-ass vacuums, and cluttered with what might be actual garbage that you have to navigate in a darkly lit show-room to get to the front desk upon entering. There will also be a brown shag carpet on the floor. It wasn't that color originally, and you see spots of orange here and avocado green there.

You are shit out of luck if the TV doesn't fit in your car because you have to drop it off, and they aren't interested in picking it up for any price. They would rather sell you a refurbished flat screen than even work or your old CRT, anyway. But sometimes, they can fix things. If you're lucky.

You want to find one run by an older dude who looks blue collar and isn't morbidly obese. If you walk in, and it's nothing but younger people, fatter people, or folks who don't have dirty fingernails, that ain't the place.

I have seen three such shops all rather close to me here, but have not needed their services in some time. Good luck.
>>
>>3706263
Will these stores calibrate to remove all distortion or do they just fix sets that won't turn on?
>>
>>3706263
Can confirm

If it's not an older guy don't bother
>>
>>3706284
In my experience they are useless beyond fixing component failure. I suggest adjusting the purity rings yourself and use 240p test suite
>>
>>3704926
>Is there any place or service that restores CRTs to perfect conditions (ie manually fixing convergence and color issues)?

OP,
All the answers bellow are from straight up retards, Ignore them.

You know where you will find people who are expert in repairing and aligning CRTs?.
Arcade Collectors...
Find an arcade operator in your area and call them, Ask if they have video games with old crt monitors (street fighter ect), then ask who repairs their monitors. They will either have s guy who works at their shop who could help out, or if they dont fix their monitors in house, they deal with some guy in your area who has a smokey, dusty, coffee stained TV repair shop tucked off in a corner behind a transmission shop where you would never expect.
If you struck out there get on kikebook and look for video game/arcade collectors groups in you area.
>>
>>3706489
As an arcade mechanic, I can promise you I would not work on a crt for less than four figures.
>>
>>3706564
I'm just imagining some autist flagging me down and asking me if I'll work on his crt and laughing in his face. And I have three crts at home I keep around mostly for fightan / retro / rhythm games.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.