[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is the 8bitdo snes controller objectively better than the buffalo/ibuffalo

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

File: images-1.jpg (17KB, 443x332px) Image search: [Google]
images-1.jpg
17KB, 443x332px
Is the 8bitdo snes controller objectively better than the buffalo/ibuffalo one? It works as a usb controller too right?
I don't mind paying more if the quality is there.

And is it just me or is it thicker than a standard snes controller?
>>
I got the wireless 8bitdos. They are great.
>>
8bitdo makes amazingly good controllers for a shitty cheap chink company.
>>
I don't know from personal experience, but I usually see people say that Buffalo is much better than 8bitdo.
>>
>>3702580
Really? I've always read the opposite.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z8_wS01uACg
As I've heard 8bitdo's pads have a slightly better build quality and are wireless.
I've ordered iBuffalo simply because it's cheaper and people recommend it. Although, if you want an exact copy of official - wait for SNES mini and buy pad separately with an adapter. I did it with NES controller and pretty happy about it.
>>
>>3701492
In my experience 8bitdo had better build quality but Buffalo is pretty good for such a low price
>>
I saw a thread somewhere saying the 8Bitdo had bad diagonal input for the dpad.
That would be a dealbreaker if true
>>
>>3702580
>>3702583
Quality wise they're on par.
The issue of the 8bitdo controller(s) is the technology/parts of their batteries.
Which is.. unfortunately very poor. I've contact several people who had their controllers batteries dead in almost less than a year.
So 30$ for a year isn't really a good deal.
>>
>>3703964
Sounds to me like they fucked their batteries up from the git go.

You have to keep a battery on the same charge cycle.
>>
>>3701492
>Is the 8bitdo snes controller objectively better than the buffalo/ibuffalo one
it's exactly the same
> It works as a usb controller too right?
yes
>>
>>3704125
>it's exactly the same
realy? I didn't realise. Might go a Buffalo then
>>
>>3704113
This. I'm guessing they kept it plugged in or charging instead of letting it run the 15~ hours or however long they're supposed to last
>>
>>3704660
that might be a deal breaker then; I had liked the idea that it could double as a USB controller.
>>
is iBuffalo the exact same as Buffalo
>>
>>3704663
I mean if the wireless functions in the same way, does it really matter?

And besides, if you just want a USB NES controller, there are cheaper options.
>>
File: snes controller buffalo 8bitdo2.jpg (1MB, 4793x1642px) Image search: [Google]
snes controller buffalo 8bitdo2.jpg
1MB, 4793x1642px
>>3704642
>>
Such a shame Buffalo and 8bit didn't make SEGA controllers.
>>
So I have a bufalo snes controller, that I ordered a month ago that says its gonna be between dec 28th to Jan 24th, so who knows when it'll come.

I was thinking of also getting a NES usb controller, so nes and other 8 bit games can feel good since i like b and a being horizontal and not diagonal.

What would you guys say is a good cheap nes usb controller thats from america?
>>
File: 11318087-4184405541453772.jpg (44KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
11318087-4184405541453772.jpg
44KB, 600x600px
>>3706226
+ MayFlash USB Wii Classic Controller Adapter for PC
>>
>>3706239
No way that wouldn't at least be $20.
I mean like $10 or less.
>>
Hey guys, I usually use my ps3 controller on pc to play emulator but I cant really use the d-pad, my thumbs hurt and I have some problems in my tendons and bones that hurt me after some time using the d-pad.
I'm a bit sensitive and certain movements hurt (for example in KoF or such games where I have to press the d-pad hard or do a quick movement).
I'd like to know if buffalo controller has a good d-pad that will allow me to play without streesing my fingers much, if the d-pad is easy to click and if it doesnt need a lot of pressure to work it would be ideal.

Thanks.
>>
>>3706821
Maybe a stick would be better for you
>>
>>3706824
some games dont work as well with sticks and feel unnatural, I'd like a d-pad that feels smooth.
>>
>>3706821
imo the d pad on the buffalo is one of the best i've ever used, it's better than a stock snes one for sure. not sure if it's good for your fingers tho. it sits higher than a standard snes or ps3 d pad and is slightly concave and has a tactile click when you press it, and the surface is smooth enough that you can slide your thumb on it easily. hope that helps
>>
>>3707564
thanks man, it did help me.
It sounds good by what you're telling me, the only thing I need to know is if the d-pad offers resistance or if you can leave your thumb over one direction and not feel like if you slightly do less pressure it will suddenly stop, forcing you to always keep some pressure on the d-pad to mantain a direction.
I love the GBAsp d-pad for example.
However, if this isnt the case I think I'll get one for me.
>>
>>3706226
Turns out the retailer I got mine from on amazon is in Japan. Who the hell knows when I'll get mine.
>>
I had a buffalo one have the A button get all gummy and terrible within a week of using it, and it never felt weighted down as nicely as an actual SFC controller (granted, I would have likely done something about this if it didn't get wrecked so quickly)

As for 8bitdo, I found the bluetooth functionality is a little bit temperamental. I pretty much only use it plugged in because on some devices I have it's a fight just to get it to work wirelessly.

Maybe I'm the problem
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.