[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone else prefer the old sound effects in Turbo compared to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

File: 701893-sf2tsn0f.jpg (131KB, 640x469px) Image search: [Google]
701893-sf2tsn0f.jpg
131KB, 640x469px
Anyone else prefer the old sound effects in Turbo compared to the updated ones inSuper?
>>
MK2 was always the best.
>>
>>3701421
Yes, by far.
>>
>>3701421
I wonder why the sound effects from the first SF2 and SF2T/SF2SCE (on Megadrive or Genesis) and the first Final Fight port on SNES sound so much better than later installments. Couldn't they just re-use them? I mean, it's capcom and they were known to follow the adage "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" adage even back in the day, weren't they?
>>
>>3701421

absolutely.
super nintendo street fighter was best street fighter, in the sound and music department at least.
>>
the Q-Sound voices always sucked ass
>>
>>3701743
Agreed. Best sound effects and music are definitely original ww/ce/hf.
>>
>>3701421
Yes. Music too. I kinda wish we'd been able to hear all of the new challenger's themes with the old audio soundfont.
>>
so would you guys choose Turbo over Super if buying from Nintendo's Virtual Console?
>>
One of the big things when Super SF2 came out was that it had all new sound effects, music, announcer, etc. to take advantage of the CPS2. Unfortunately when they put it on Snes it sounds compressed like muddy shit water.
>>
>>3702506
Too bad the rom size being so limited back in the day for samples. And with a bit more ram the SPC-700 could do a lot better.
>>
I knew something was off about Super. Thanks for confirming my suspicions

The SNES version of Super had a Turbo mode right? But no Akuma?
>>
File: 46346465.jpg (18KB, 354x308px) Image search: [Google]
46346465.jpg
18KB, 354x308px
>>3701421
How many different versions of Street Fighter 2 were there and what were the differences between them?
>>
>>3701526
I always assumed it was to save space for other content. Even Final Fight 2 and 3 had shittier sounds than the first SNES Final Fight.

>>3701743
>>3702162
I've never understand why they made Guile sound like a wuss in Super SF2.
>>
>>3702549
>The SNES version of Super had a Turbo mode right? But no Akuma?
It had adjustable speed on the main menu, but none of the actual added features from Super Turbo that mattered (e.g. Super Combos, juggles, Akuma).
>>
>>3702771
so would you consider Street Fighter II Turbo the definitive SNES Street Fighter game, or is Super still better than Turbo despite what it's missing?
>>
Is there a way to emulate Super Street Fighter II Turbo on Wii?
>>
2T on the SNES will always be the GOAT fighting game to me.
>>
>>3702798
I don't really care that much for the 16-bit console ports of Street Fighter II to be honest. Everyone seems to have a hard-on for Turbo though for ambiguous reasons, but I prefer the Super just for the four extra characters.
>>
>>3703000

same here
>>
>>3702769
>I always assumed it was to save space for other content.

Hmm, sounds like that was probably the case. Ah well, those sequels are still good for what they are and it's easy to emulate the arcade versions anyway.
>>
>>3701421
I love the odd grunt noise when you pause.

It made me laugh like an artist when I was a kid.

Damn near 30 now and I'm still an artist.

The nostalgia must play a large factor in enjoying old sfx.

Like all those autistic that say saga genesis has a good sound chip. It sounds like shit to me because I never had a sega.
>>
You shouldn't play the inferior SNES port when Arcade is emulatable for free anyway.
>>
>>3703720
can the Wii emulatte the arcade version well?
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.