[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Alright, possible noob question for you guys. I want to download

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 3

File: 31D31712oPL.jpg (11KB, 280x280px) Image search: [Google]
31D31712oPL.jpg
11KB, 280x280px
Alright, possible noob question for you guys. I want to download saves for PS1 games and load them onto a PS1 memory card. What are some methods to do this? I've heard about a involved process requiring a PS2 but I don't have one available to me at the moment.

Basically, Is there some kind of usb PS1 card read/writer device the works with modern PCs? Thanks in advance.
>>
File: IMG_8183.jpg (26KB, 550x400px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8183.jpg
26KB, 550x400px
There's even an official one. Not to mention thousands of chinese third-party products.

It lets you practically open the memory card as a folder on your PC and drag and drop saves there like any other files. The official one ar least doesn't require any software to work, so I'd guess it would still work on newer computers. Can't confirm, though.
>>
>>3701282
http://www.ebay.ca/itm/GENUINE-Memory-Card-Adapter-PS2-to-PS3-Sony-PLAYSTATION-3-PS3-FREE-SHIP-/301898201449?hash=item464a88f969:g:cIIAAOSwYIhWksoI

I don't know why these are so pricey now but I paid like 25 bucks for mine.

Worked with PS1. I used it to bypass the Legend of Legaia back in time glitch on PS3.
>>
>>3701282
awesome! yeah that first party reader is really expensive. Anyone have any experience or luck with any off-brand versions?
>>
Damn, I had a library of memory cards back in the day with saves indexed by genre followed by company and then alphabetically.

I really would have been nice to back all of that up before I sold off my collection.

Don't that just beat all...
>>
>>3701282
>I've heard about a involved process requiring a PS2
Hardly involved. Even if you don't have the option I'll explain it to dispell that misconception.

1. Copy the saves onto a USB thingy
2. Stick that sucker in a Free McBoot enabled PS2
3. Copy save from USB thingymebob to PS2 memory card using ulaunchelf
4. Copy from PS2 memory card to PS1 memory card using the PS2 built in memory card utility.

Easy peasy, lemon squeezy.
>>
File: conv.png (62KB, 978x528px) Image search: [Google]
conv.png
62KB, 978x528px
>>3703176
yeah
IIRC, the biggest reason it's considered involved is because saves tend to be distributed in .gme or whatever which require conversion into raw save files for FMCB use via psxge160 (lets you mess with any memory card images and extract/import .mcr single game saves) and psxrcv11 (converts .mcr to raw PS1 saves to copy on, and it does the opposite conversion if you drag a raw PS1 save onto it)

the two tools are ridiculously easy to use though, pic related (you only need the bottom bit, the top bit is for pulling saves from the PS1 game for use in emulators)
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.