[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

hey guys did you know if you spend the gold so you end up with

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

File: faxanadu_gold1.png (5KB, 256x224px) Image search: [Google]
faxanadu_gold1.png
5KB, 256x224px
hey guys did you know

if you spend the gold so you end up with 0 gold, the king will give you another 1500 gold?

i think the game thinks u never got the gold, since its kinda hard to buy items so you end up exactly $0
>>
It always bothers me in these games how I'm the only one who can stop this cosmic horror that's going to destroy earth but every random shop keeper has to sell his loaves of breads, tinctures of erectile vigor and studded leather cock-rings at a profit to me.
>>
>>3700596
Is the game good? I playes only original Xanadu and Xanadu Next.
>>
>>3700609
same here, though you should consider that even if you are a legendary hero who must destroy the great baddie who threatens to murder the planet, you can't just go in and ruin the economies of the town you're in by taking all their valuable stuff for nothing.
>>
>>3700612
Never played the other Xanadu games, but I had a ton of fun with Faxanadu/Nesxanadu.
>>
>>3700617
I see that, and I'm definitely thinking too much into it...

Maybe sell it to me at cost at least, and don't only give me 50% of the price of the items if I'm selling to you what is obviously an unused sealed container of healing potion.
>>
File: acb.jpg (48KB, 640x429px) Image search: [Google]
acb.jpg
48KB, 640x429px
>>3700609
When you're the only one who can save the world, but no one gives you items for free because it would ruin free market
>>
>>3700609
>if you succeed at saving the world then all the shopkeepers get to live another day but with much fatter wallets now
>if you fail it's all the same to them anyway
Kinda makes sense if you look at it from a shopkeep's perspective
>>
>>3700609
In Lunar 1 you could buy things for free at the end since your friend owned the shop.
>>
>>3700691

Except a generous shopkeeper with dope goods could feasibly be the difference between the hero succeeding and not succeeding, in which case giving him the free dope weapons + armor could actually be good for him...
>>
>>3700609
Typically I think most shopkeepers think you're some random asshole. In games where you're officially deemed the "chosen one" and it's made public then yeah, logically it doesn't make sense.
>>
>>3700691
Well I work at a restaurant where the owners give free food to cops on the off-chance that they put in extra effort to save the place if they were ever attacked.

I feel like giving a few swords to the hero in exchange for salvation isn't a stretch.
>>
>>3700758
>he thinks he's the only hero they sent
>he thinks that other people believe he's gonna survive
>he thinks the shopkeepers aren't going to just knuckle-under no matter who seizes power
>>
>>3700609
Yes, let me give all my random shit to some asshole.

Shopkeep still needs to eat.
>>
File: 1475357556062.jpg (133KB, 527x588px) Image search: [Google]
1475357556062.jpg
133KB, 527x588px
>>3700609
>>
>>3700609
I'm more annoyed with modern games of that style.
Where I'm quested to save the world! Then spend 100 hours picking berries and delivering meds to some random fuckers granny.
All to pay for those overpriced studded leather cock rings.
>>
>>3701982
"We gotta pay!? If we lose, you go down too, Buddy."
"I'm confident in your victory."
"Gee, thanks."

>This is right before one of the hardest bosses in the game
>>
>>3703290

lol, fuck it.. don't code at 2am right before bed..

playerGold = (playerGold ? playerGold : 1500)

There. That should keep the playerGold set to whatever it is, unless it's 0, and then it becomes 1500.
>>
>>3700715
in Faxanadu, your reputation grows over time. at the beginning you're just some dude, but by the time you get to World of Branch, the NPCs in the town have heard stories of your exploits.
>>
>>3700612
It's not much like Xanadu. There's no scrolling, stats or complex dungeons.
The main remaining similarities are the items and spells
>>
>>3700609
In Final Fantasy 5, you could get items half price.

In Baldur's Gate, you kept getting progressively higher discounts.

In Strife, they regularly gave you ammo and golds.

Also, you never seem to have to actually pay to eat.
>>
>>3704419
>In Baldur's Gate, you kept getting progressively higher discounts.
This is based on your reputation and (I think) charisma scores
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.