[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are some of your favorite Christmas Day video game memories?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 7

File: kingsQuest.jpg (34KB, 640x400px) Image search: [Google]
kingsQuest.jpg
34KB, 640x400px
What are some of your favorite Christmas Day video game memories? Remember waking up early and playing all day?
>>
>>3697831
I remember the year I got Final Fantasy 3. I think it took me about a month to play it all the way through.

Christmas and my birthday were the only times I ever got new games.
>>
File: Sony-Mega-Watchman.jpg (261KB, 638x564px) Image search: [Google]
Sony-Mega-Watchman.jpg
261KB, 638x564px
Christmas 1992

Opened a present in Xmas eve and it was Rampart snes. "Dad I have a regular Nintendo". "Oh sorry, we will return it and get the right game after christmas. "Okay dad"
>Go to bed thinking how cool rampart will be to play with my sister.
Xmas morning we have waffles and open all the presents. Small stuff and none of the NES stuff I asked for.(Didn't ask for a snes, my mom had jist died last year and I knew money was tight)
>feeling disappointed because I'm an 11yr old shit.
Dad comes out of his room with a big box and gives it to me. I tear the paper and see
>the black and red corner of the box I have been staring at on the shelf all year. Tearing the rest of it open it is a super scope too :O

I freeze, paralized for a moment by the shock. literally started crying and hugged my dad for a minute straight.

My bday is the 27th and I got battle clash, aero fighters and a brand new 13" Jvc "master command" with an A/V IN! aww yeah. Turns out the whole family pitched in.

No other Holiday has been able to compare. I wish I would've kept it all.
>>
>Remember waking up early and playing all day?
>Legit almost all of my xmas mornings were spent this way.
>Living the dream
>Also kings quest 2 is best kings quest.
>>
Getting Hey You Pikachu! and a Nintendo 64 for Xmas.
>>
In 1998, my brother and I got a PS1, Toca2, and Soviet Strike.
>>
>>3697908
>meanwhile in Africa kids are starving to death

You disgust me
>>
File: 1456358094392.jpg (29KB, 599x335px) Image search: [Google]
1456358094392.jpg
29KB, 599x335px
>>3698230
>>
>wake up
>see pic related
>T-thanks mom...
>>
>>3697831

my parents gave me a 3do and it was by far the most amazing Christmas of my life. I was in middle school if I recall, must have been 1993. It was big, smelled funny, and expensive, but it absolutely obliterated any other console until the PS launched in 95...if you had the $$$$
>>
Anyone else grow up poor and get a PS1 but no memory card??

I swear, we left that poor machine on 24/7 until MONTHS later one of us kids had a bday and we could finally get one.
>>
I remember seeing a Babbage's bag in the trash leading up to Christmas (and my mom asking me what video games I liked) so I was so excited over my new vidya (I was pretty poor growing up, so every game I got was an event) that I couldn't sleep the whole xmas eve. That's when trying to get my mind off the game I masturbated for my first time (I remember I thought I broke my dick).

But in the morning under the xmas tree was Kirby Superstar... so suffice to say that's when I blew my second nut.
>>
Over the course of several Christmases:
>Banjo-Kazooie
>Ocarina of Time
>Link's Awakening
>Pokemon Yellow
>Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds
>Warcraft 3
>>
>>3698254
Christ.
>>
>>3697908
That's a sweet story anon. Merry Christmas
>>
I was 12 and unwrapped a Gameboy Color with a copy of Pokémon Red for Christmas. It had just come out and I assumed I was getting it for Christmas, and was really looking forward to tossing it into my big green brick. Imagine my surprise when an atomic purple GBC was waiting for me along with it.

For anyone who was really into Pokémon when it first came out, you remember how much of a cultural phenomenon it was for kids, and my first moment with it was on Christmas morning. I'll always remember it as the best Christmas gift my parents ever gave me as a kid, since Pokémon went on to be such a deep hobby for me as I grew up.
>>
>>3697831
Mario 64 And pilot wings 64 all day Christmas.
>>
>>3697908
You type like a faggot.
>>
>>3698362
My nigga
>>
>Christmas Morning
>Unwrapping presents, expecting vidya
>Unwrap Harvest Moon: Back to Nature
>Perplexed, because I'd never heard of it
>Father was raised on a farm; they found it at Walmart and thought I'd also find an interest in farming stuff
>Holy shit, they had no idea how addicted to this game I would be

It was the first time I'd ever played a game so much I was afraid the disc would melt.
>>
File: Glide64_Shadow_of_the_Empire_15.jpg (33KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Glide64_Shadow_of_the_Empire_15.jpg
33KB, 640x480px
>>3697831
>>
>Christmas 2001
>obsessed with Pokemon like every other kid my age
>single mother substitute teaching, going through hard times financially
>somehow able to put a GBC + Pokemon Silver under the tree
>put over 400 hours into my save file on that game exploring every inch

Easily my best video game xmas memory. Like this >>3698339 anon said, pokemon on game boy was the most mind blowing adventure I could imagine at that age. That's the one gift I got the most use out of, even to this day.
>>
>>3698254
>I swear, we left that poor machine on 24/7 until MONTHS later one of us kids had a bday and we could finally get one.

I was initially baffled by your post because I read "bday" as "baby."

Carry on.
>>
>>3699194
I literally still boot up that same red cart and GBC at least once a year. I'm currently on my way to seafoam islands, but haven't booted it up since early summer.
>>
File: MMLegendsBox.jpg (63KB, 353x344px) Image search: [Google]
MMLegendsBox.jpg
63KB, 353x344px
>>3697831
10-year-old me going apeshit over this game on Christmas day.
>>
Christmas '92:
Sega Genesis with Light gun + game and Bonanza Bros.

Christmas '00 or '01
Phantasy Star Online and Sega Bass Fishing. Wasn't too happy about a fishing video game until I played it. Still have that one and no longer own pso.
>>
My usually deadbeat dad showed up with ape escape, asteroids and area 51 for the psx one Christmas and I about shit my pants.
>>
My dad got my brother and I consoles a few times for Christmas, but it was always late into the life cycle.

>SNES Christmas of 1997
>N64 Christmas of either 2000 or 2001
>PS1 the Christmas PS2 slim launched
>PS2 the following year

I got a Gamecube one year for my birthday though, and after their divorce I got a SNES and a Genesis for my birthday, but it was 1999. The advantage was always getting last generation games dirt cheap.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.