[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Bought Wing Commander 1 and 2 some time ago because I loved WC3

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: wc1.png (79KB, 960x600px) Image search: [Google]
wc1.png
79KB, 960x600px
Bought Wing Commander 1 and 2 some time ago because I loved WC3 way back then and had some hazy memories about not making it very far in the first game for some reason. And after finally playing it again yesterday, I now remember why. The mouse controls are simply unbearable, and the game comes from the era when developers actively tried to make the default keyboard setup as unusable as possible, nor can you rebind stuff in-game. The last time I even held a joystick was almost 20 years ago, and even then it wasn't mine. Can you somehow play these games with something like a gamepad, or at least change the keyboard controls to something usable?

Anyway, I don't know if /vr/ has the same beef with Chris Roberts /v/ does, but can we talk about Wing Commander, and possibly other old aerospace dogfight games?
>>
I loved the mouse controls back then. I used them in WC3 and 4 quite happily - they were exactly the same, IIRC.

Amazing games though.
>>
>>3697895
I have no idea how I beat Wing Commander 3, because it definitely was with a ball mouse. It's a little more complex than earlier games, too, at least as far as controls go.

Either way, the controls were minimalistic enough to fit everything to a gamepad with some extra buttons left. Shame about no analog controls, but I played WC3 on a console, too, so it's not much of a loss.
>>
Whats a good basic joystick that works with doxbox (gog version) of the old WC (and maybe Xwing and Tie games) ?
>>
>>3697721

the only ones who has a beef to shitpost with CR are /v/ newfags, in fact the said assholes has beef with any space game that inst nuCoD or Destiny, and most of them are known shitposters from neogaf and Reddit Gaming, also Derek shitposts on every CR or elite based threads

/vg/ and vr are cool with him, /vg/ has even a general and /vr/ loves wing commander games, even the hated one aka privateer 2
>>
>>3698568

even hotas works with dosbox

if you're going for a cheap but durable and smooth choice

Logitech or t6000m
>>
>>3697721
I finished Secret Missions on SNES and I have to assume the controls were terrible but I can't remember. Really cool game though.
>>
>>3700096

im still waiting for the day when someone will post here on /VR/ the long forgotten and final beta version of Wing Commander 2 for SNES
>>
>>3697721
What speed are you running them at? WC 1 and 2 requires the equivalent of a 386 DX-33 or else they will run too fast as they have no speed throttling.
>>
SoPSHSHSHSHwhatSHSHSHSHSHSHdoSHSHSHSHSHyouSHSHSHSHdoSHSHSHSHwhenSHSHSHSHSHaSHSHradioSHSHSHSHSHSHmessageSHSHSHSHSHSHmakesSHSHSHSHSHtheSHSHSHgameSHSHSHgoSHSHSHSHSHlikeSHSHSHSHSHSHSHthisSHSHSHSHSHSHforSHSHSHSHSHSHSHtheSHSHSHSHrestSHSHofSHSHSHtheSHSHmission?SHSHSHSHSHSHSHSHSHSHSHSHSHSHSHSHSHSHSHSHSHSHSHSHSHSHSHSHSHSHSHSHSHSHSHSHSHSHSHSHSHSHSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

As if the fucking Ralari mission isn't bad enough itself.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.