[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do people worship this game when THPS3 mechanics wise blows

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 6

File: thps1.jpg (67KB, 500x497px) Image search: [Google]
thps1.jpg
67KB, 500x497px
Why do people worship this game when THPS3 mechanics wise blows it out of the water?
>>
you only made this thread because you just watched the game sack vid
>>
The PS1 version of THPS3 sucks dick
>>
>>3695564
People don't worship it, they have nostalgia for it and fondness for its soundtrack. It also has some good levels. If anything most oldschool fans will say THPS2 is the best one.

I liked 3 but I thought the reverts were a bit silly (do we really need to be able to chain EVERY trick?) and I felt the style was a little more cartoony than 2's.
>>
>>3695564
NICE CATCH
PSYCHO FITNESS
>>
>>3695564
SO HERE I AM
>>
>>3695564
Combining everything was the downfall of the series. Being able to revert into a manual is fucking retarded. 2 pushed it with its manual combos tho at least Rodney Mullen videos proved it's somewhat possible.

1-2 are the best in the series. 3-4 and then the jackass games were shit.
>>
But I don't, I agree with you.

I can beat a single skater's career mode in this in like 20 minutes.
>>
>>3695649
>People don't worship it, they have nostalgia for it and fondness for its soundtrack. It also has some good levels. If anything most oldschool fans will say THPS2 is the best one.
100% this.
OP must have confused the "So here I am..." thread opener, for worship.
>>
am I the only one who prefers the n64's butchered soundtrack of THPS or is it just the nostalgia talking?
Most of the loops fit pretty well with no vocals, especially songs that do better without them like Screamer and Jerry was a Race Car Driver (although it sucks that they couldn't add the awesome breakdown, going straight into the solo was a good decision as it made for a really smooth transition.). They also cut the worst songs from the original to make space.
>>
>>3696116
Yes, you are the only one. I hate the N64 versions of all the games, mainly because of the soundtracks.
>>
Cause it was pioneering. And the best one is THPS2.

Anyone thinking there is any possible discussion about it doesnt know shit.
>>
>>3695565
This
>>
>>3695679
I had mixed feelings even about the manual chaining in 2. On the one hand, it allows you to be more creative with your lines and create high-scoring combos basically anywhere, but at the same time that defeats the point of finding good lines in the level. But without chaining, it's kind of lame when there's only a few good spots in the level to get max score.
>>
manuals runied the games
>>
>>3695564
manuals are gay
>>
>>3696670
>>3696614
tail and nose grinds were needed tho.
>>
I wish they had made a thps with all the levels of 1,2,3 with all the music and let you set the rules (ie no revert to manual)

That thps HD game was pretty lame.
>>
>>3697253
blame robomoto
the same people responsible for the trainwreck known as Pro Skater 5
>>
File: tony hawk timetravel.png (1MB, 1280x1250px) Image search: [Google]
tony hawk timetravel.png
1MB, 1280x1250px
>>
File: br.png (10KB, 68x53px) Image search: [Google]
br.png
10KB, 68x53px
>>3697283
>>
>>3695564
3 is easy mode of Tony Hawk.

To hit the million point limit in the first you had to play the level in a certain way. It is extremely difficult to hit it.
>>
>>3697321
damn
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=auPR-rh69q0
>>
>>3696116
The N64 versions are amusing, and they do at least look nicer than the PS1 versions.

THPS2 on N64 has an exclusive level from the BMX game, but you need to 100% with every single character to get it
>>
Honestly, how do people get good at these games? I know grinding and manuals are a must but I'm not too hot at chaining for an entire level

I'm good enough to "beat" the game with enough objectives, but no way am I able to earn millions of points.
>>
>>3697354
DC versions are truly god-tier. I'll play the DC version of THPS1 anywhere, anytime.
>>
>>3695690
speedrun.com/thps3

The first three games in the series are all great in their own way.
>>
File: hNv1C.jpg (124KB, 753x714px) Image search: [Google]
hNv1C.jpg
124KB, 753x714px
only true game right here
>>
>>3697283
The problem here is that Tony met Bam by the time THPS3 came out.
>>
>>3697283
Which game had the best cover? I like THPS1 best, something about the colors and composition just feels right for that era. Underground 1's is a nice simple concept that evokes the "street" vibe, though, so I give that 2nd place.
>>
>>3697394
Where is Wee man now?
>>
>>3697486
close to the floor
>>
>>3697376
No you won't because DC only had THPS2.
>>
File: thps1.jpg (335KB, 800x723px) Image search: [Google]
thps1.jpg
335KB, 800x723px
>>3697515
>>
>>3695564
Because polishing something isn't as impressive as inventing something.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.