[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's /vr/'s thoughts on the Analogue Nt Mini >overpriced

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 6

File: nT-MINI.jpg (226KB, 1920x1392px) Image search: [Google]
nT-MINI.jpg
226KB, 1920x1392px
What's /vr/'s thoughts on the Analogue Nt Mini

>overpriced
>waste of money
>get a pi isntead

But 1080p with RGB sound sexy as hell, and from I've heard the FPGA work is top notch. I'm sorely tempted to get one for a present to myself.
>>
go shill somewhere else
>>
>>3693349

Overpriced garbage that's outclassed by the AVS or an original NES with an RGB or HDMI mod.

And those things would cost you $300 less, too
>>
>>3693368
This, the analogue nt is overpriced hipster shit.
>>
File: 1477173355974.png (123KB, 600x650px) Image search: [Google]
1477173355974.png
123KB, 600x650px
>>3693368
>>3693401
>poorfags
>>
>>3693404
>Using retro games as a display of wealth
>>
>>3693368
outclassed in what way? The AVS only goes up to 720p. Further more the AVS does only HDMI where the Analogue does HDMI, composite, RGB and S-video. Compared to a NES HD mod the Analogue can do 5x scaling, so it's not outclassed there either.

Yeah it's expensive, but as far as playing NES games it seems to be at the top.
>>
File: 1482032699995.jpg (16KB, 348x317px) Image search: [Google]
1482032699995.jpg
16KB, 348x317px
>>3693406
>implying it's for display and not personal enjoyment
>>
>>3693415
As if there's any reason to get that crap over an AVS beyond display. It's literally the Mac of famiclones.
>>
>>3693349
FPGA, not real hardware so I have mixed feelings. Better than them gutting working Famicoms to build literal solid gold bullshit though.
>>
>>3693412
If you think an FPGA based console is 'at the top' you might as well keep emulating, hombre. Playing an AV Famicom via composite on a 9" CRT is better.
>>
>>3693464
>>3693465
Genuinely curious, what's wrong with FPGA? It's not just a famiclone on a chip, it's hardware replication.
>>
File: big_image_pg2.jpg (278KB, 1920x1016px) Image search: [Google]
big_image_pg2.jpg
278KB, 1920x1016px
>>3693528
I'm not opposed to FPGA-based clones as a whole (or clones in general, I'm actually a proponent); my issue with the NT mini and Analogue in general is that their products are grossly overpriced for what they are. Also I'm very opposed to destroying real hardware to make fake hardware which they did with the original NT; pretty gross. On the other hand, the NT mini is not real hardware, it's just a clone, and no clone is worth $500.

Pic related, they can seriously fuck themselves. They literally gutted hundreds and hundreds of Famicoms to make that abomination and its marginally less hideous brethren.
>>
>>3693349
I can't wait to buy it at a flea market for 5 dollars.
>>
>>3693561
The way I see it is that having a CRT around isnt always viable, since you're having to dedicate a fair amount of living space to get a setup. With a modern TV you still need to drop hundreds of dollars for a framemeister, and that is ultimately another box that is hooked up to fatigued hardware.

With the Mini I figure that it's much more convenient to play NES games. The upscaling and 1080p/RGB compatibility in one machine is what's tempting me.
>>
>>3693571
If you're not planning on having a CRT in the future, isn't the RGB output a moot point? Why not just go for the AVS? Their currently manufacturing the next wave, which should take care of the build quality issues, and it's on sale while it's still a pre-order (which could be for a few months). The price difference is too great. You could literally RGB mod a Famicom and buy the AVS for the same price as a mini.
>>
>>3693571
And doesn't 240p not scale to 1080p perfectly?
>>
>>3693412

The Analogue uses the same HDMI out as a NESHD mod which also does 5x because it's the same thing.

Same goes for a RGB nodded NES with a framemeister. Sure a NESRGB/XRGB would cost as much as an NT but hey, the XRGB can be used with EVERY console.
>>
>>3693349
Can it remove the sprite limit?

This alone makes emulation better than any "real hardware"
>>
Get a NES and a free CRT.

No Lag More fun.
>>
>>3693571
I have 3 CRT's

All between 8 and 13 inches

They do not take up that much space. Sure, a monster 30 inch CRT is huge, but a small CRT on a desk is basically all you need.
>>
>>3693895
>disabling sprite limit
>better

like, what
>>
>>3693349
I don't get it, why is it the NES that's always the system being cloned?

Why never something considerably different? Like, say, the 32x? It kind of sounds simple, just two processors, but then, it can't really be that easy, of course not, right?
>>
>>3695531
>why do people keep making shitty cheap clones to cash in on the most popular consoles instead of making more expensive clones for ones hardly anyone would glance at

It's a mystery.
>>
File: 13-inch-crt.jpg (298KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
13-inch-crt.jpg
298KB, 800x600px
>>3693571
>having a CRT around isnt always viable
Are you serious? There's CRT sizes that easily fit on a dining table. It used to be pretty common too. Even japs living in matchboxes can have those CRTs for retro gamin.
>>
>>3693464
Making 100% Famicom clones like the Analogue Nt is really the only use for NESes.
>>
>>3693349
>he didn't get the $5k gold one
poorfag
>>
>>3693349
enjoy your scratched carts, shillfag
>>
>>3694472
>no flickering and reduced slowdown

like, what
>>
>>3693349
>But 1080p with RGB sound
If you're actually considering spending $500 to play NES games on an HDTV, you're retarded. Not in an insulting way, you're clinically retarded.

You're better off emulating if you want to use HDMI.
>>
>>3695757
Gutting NESs is one thing, but I'm fairly certain they built their NTs from Famicoms, which is a shame. There's fewer of them left on the planet, after all, even if they're easier to buy in bulk.
>>3695929
You could just go back to emulating on your GALAXY S7.
>>
>>3695573
>more expensive
Yeah, totally missing the point!

The SNES at least was a rather complex console.

There's far more to the potential appeal of consoles than how widespread they are.

Dreamcast was quite cheap. Why wouldn't dreamcast clones be great. Though of course with a DVD drive slipped in.
>>
>>3693571
>there was a young baby who lived in a shoe

>>3696265
>fewer of them left
You sure about that? I suspect the vast majority of NESs are in landfills. Even if there are fewer FCs left there's no shortage. They're still cheap and common.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.