[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I haven't played Parasite Even in a long time and now seems

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

I haven't played Parasite Even in a long time and now seems like a good time as any what with the holiday.

Just wanted to refresh my memory though, what's the best way to use BP and gun mods?
>>
>>3693238
Slam all your gun mods (except cyanide) onto a pistol and slam all that onto subsequent pistols you get. When you get a shotgun, slam it all on that.
>>
>>3693238
The best overall gun is the sub-machinegun you can get from trading 300 pieces of junk. It's the P90 in this game.

Best way to use BP in my personal opinion is to use them on whatever feels necessary for you. Some people are against putting points in expanding inventory size and the AP/ATB speed, but for someone who doesn't plan in playing the game multiple times through new game+, it's absolutely fine.

You can finish the game normally without needing to use BP to give stat ups for weapons. You'll get enough tools, weapons, and stat+ items to get through the game anyway.
>>
>>3693238

-Make sure to get the shotgun from the Chinatown Sewers. Tool the 'Burst' Trait from that onto a SMG and you will wreck house.

-Don't let a weapon's 'Rate-of-Fire' Trait get much above 3 or 4. The game divides damage among bullets fired. So you're wasting bullets to do less damage.

-There's a really great pistol you can find after fighting the T-Rex in the Museum. It's very well hidden in a broken exhibit. The gun has the 'Double Command' Trait on it. Tool it off that weapon, and you'll be able to take TWO actions on one turn, like use a Parasite power and also fire, etc. In the Chrysler Building, you can find a weapon that has 'Triple Command'.
>>
>>3693238
The first thing you should spend bonus points on is ATB Speed, specifically at the times when it takes less to level it up than the rest of your stats, because the surplus points you get at level up that don't go into the stat are wasted. It always gives you 10, so when it costs 8, you should just buy it, and at the one level when it costs more than 10, you should wait until your level up puts it under 10 then buy it.

other than that put all points into attack power.
>>
I always save up junk for the machine gun and transfer the best mods to it asap.

But before it becomes available, I prefer to use rifles. While they are slow as shit, early on they pack a bit more punch than a handgun. And the range makes any fights that don't take place in a tight space a lot less stressful. Especially the bosses.

Once I get the mech, first thing I do is dump a range of like 150+ onto it from whichever rifle I was using. Which is basically cheating, but it's not like everyone doesn't already add sleep and death and spread and Double or Triple shot, and oh, fucking 2 extra commands to it anyway.
>>
I'm kinda surprised so many people are recommending SMGs. I usually used a handgun as the base for my super weapon, because they don't reduce your movement speed much at all, and there's very little delay between standby, firing, and moving again. The SMG does fire faster, but it feels like you move a tad bit slower, and it takes longer to raise / lower the weapon. Maybe it's just me?

I recommend leaving the rate of fire at 2 or 3. Anything more is a waste of ammo. 1 = 100% damage per shot, 2 = 60% each, 3 = 42% each. If you have a gun with the double or triple action ability, you could leave the rate of fire at 1, and do full damage for each of your two or three shots.

I used most of my early BP on ATB and item capacity. Keep in mind that every enemy gives you a certain amount of BP per kill, and that amount is lowered whenever you take damage from them.
>>
>>3693601
>SMG does fire faster, but it feels like you move a tad bit slower, and it takes longer to raise / lower the weapon. Maybe it's just me?
SMG aims and fires faster, changes targets faster, and has less delay after firing before the next action/movement is available. None of the weapons change how fast you run. She always runs slow except when you have haste.
>>
>>3693608
Weapons do affect movement speed and ATB refill. That's why I never use rifles or grenade launchers.
>>
>>3693615
They don't. That's purely a result of delays before and after shooting effecting your bias.
>>
I want to break the game to the MAX(yes I know its not much of a challenge to begin with), how do I accomplish this?
>>
>>3693654
just do this:
>>3693526
The game really isn't that hard.

The only time it ever becomes hard is when you put fire or ice on your weapon and the boss resists that. So just stick with acid and cyanide, nothing resists those.

How easy the game is is directly proportional to your ability to search all the areas and find all the items, and upgrade your equipment efficiently.
>>
>>3693618
No, it's not. Compare a baton, handgun, and rifle side-by-side, and you'll see the difference. Moreso with the ATB refill rate.
>>
>>3693673
I think you should actually do this instead of talking about it and continuing to be wrong.
>>
>>3693654

I actually just remembered a "trick" that really tears the game in half just right now.

After a certain level the required XP for every preceding level get's locked at some trivial amount

so if you can level grind to somewhere in the mid to late 30s which takes a HUGE amount of doing you can get to lvl max in a breeze because the point drop off is mind blowing
>>
>>3693706

PROCEEDING. fuck Im drunk. got into the nog early this year
>>
>>3693694
He's wrong about movement speed, but he's right about ATB. The handgun and SMG have pretty fast ATB, while clubs are the absolute fastest. Rifles and grenade launchers have very slow ATB. You can actually test this out in the intro battle by switching between the handgun and club; the club causes your ATB to fill about twice as quickly as the handgun.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.