[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Jesus fuck, this game. What the hell is this? I can't even

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

File: ghostsngoblinsnes.jpg (169KB, 640x876px) Image search: [Google]
ghostsngoblinsnes.jpg
169KB, 640x876px
Jesus fuck, this game. What the hell is this? I can't even beat it once, let alone twice in a row for the "true" ending. The controls have that horrible early '80s clunkiness and those devils are just retarded.

I've heard in the Famicom version you have to do the whole thing with only two hits, because when you die once the entire game restarts. The hell kind of bullshit is that? Has anyone ever managed to do that without cheating or using the level select code?
>>
Git gud ya doofus
>>
>I've heard in the Famicom version you have to do the whole thing with only two hits, because when you die once the entire game restarts.

Based on GCCX that's not true. Though it may have that, like, "Hold up and B while pressing start on the title screen" hidden continue a lot of Famicom games have. Can anyone confirm the truth?

Also, Ghouls and Ghosts is way better. Play that instead.
>>
The game is hard but really if you beat your face against it for a few weeks you should be able memorize it enough to do it.
>>
Play the arcade makaimura not that piece of shit port.
>>
The difficulty would be a bit more reasonable without the fucking red areemers or whatever you call them.

Though "Big Man" are also pretty big dickbags. Wasn't enough to make them fast, take a lot of hits, and place them in areas you can only access via ladders, but they had to give them projectiles too.
>>
>finished ghouls n ghosts twice (arcade) and got the real ending

>finished super ghouls n ghosts twice and got the real ending

>finished ultimate ghost n goblins (jap version) twice and got the real ending

>cant for the life of me get past the two red demons at the end of the second stage on the first game

what the fuck man
>>
Most of my experience is from arcade Makaimura Rev. G, but yeah, it is hard. After a good deal of practice over a long period of time, I got to where I could 1CC it, in addition to I think one more loop beyond the first two.

There are some helpful tricks, like zombie farming in the cave and fleeing in order to despawn R.A.s in the final stage instead of fighting them.
>>
>>3691058
It's certainly not an easy game, but despite appearances it isn't total bullshit either. It's a reasonable and enjoyable challenge that can be overcome with some practice. The same goes for the rest of the series, excepting some of the low-quality ports.

>>3691110
The NES port is decent, but yes, the arcade version is superior.

>>3691121
I've beaten the others, but for some reason Ultimate Ghosts n' Goblins has been kicking my teeth in so far. I'm not sure if I'm just out of practice with this sort of game or what, but I don't recall my progress through the other games in the series being this slow and agonizing.
>>
>>3691121
Are you talking about the two at the end of the sixth stage? The second stage doesn't have any red demons.

If you're playing the US version, yeah, that shit is notoriously difficult. Just play the Japanese Revision G. That's the version found in pretty much every rerelease, so it's basically the final official version.

The timing involved in beating those guys is so ridiculous that I wouldn't expect anyone to be able to beat them without pure luck on their side. I know I saw one guy do it in a let's play and he basically just constantly hopped around without any real rhyme or reason. If that's the best he could come up with I don't think there is a really good strategy to beating them.
>>
Play Makaimura rev G (arcade), it's not that difficulty and fairly enjoyable, because they reduced the health of Satans from the earlier versions
>>
>>3691281
The health alone isn't the issue, in the US version they dive down at you so fast you have to predict where they're going to be. In the Jap versions you can dodge them much easier.
>>
>>3691286
It's both the health and the speed, in Makaimura rev G they have like half the health.
>>
>>3691058
One of the shittest ports in existence.
Play the arcade version for gods sake, it's not a good game but it's miles better than the NES Micronix hack job.
>>
>>3691143
>The NES port is decent
Graphically? Yes. Gameplay-wise? Not at all. In terms of gameplay it is one of the worst.
>>
>>3692016
How is it not a good game?
>>
>>3691058
>we will never get a new ghosts n goblins game

end it all
>>
>>3692052
In terms of gameplay it's the best port of the game I've encountered. The PC, Amiga, Commodore, ZX Spectrum, and GBC ports are all complete garbage in comparison to the NES port. I'm not sure what that leaves.
>>
>>3692484
Most of those games get the physics right, actually, except the GBC which is the same as the NES. I've never seen a PC port of the game. When you say "Commodore" do you mean PET, 64, or Amiga? Or maybe something else?
Anyway, you seem to only be thinking graphically.
>>
>>3691058
First time I beat this (true ending) it took about 7 straight hours. Next time was around 3-4, and then I could get it down to about an hour. It's actually really easy once you get accustomed to the controls and know how to handle the arremers. The bottleneck is the final level where you are required to get the shield and then having to grind for a dagger drop if you died.
>>
>>3692484
GBC at least fixes the garbage framerate
>>
>>3692484
The amiga port shits on the NES port you retard
>>
>>3692490
>I've never seen a PC port of the game.

There is in fact an IBM PC port. It sucks.

>When you say "Commodore" do you mean PET, 64, or Amiga? Or maybe something else?

Sorry, I was thinking of the Commodore 64. I forgot the PET was a thing.

>Anyway, you seem to only be thinking graphically.

Actually, I'm only thinking about gameplay and content. All the ports I listed have major flaws: shoddy hit detection, lack of a scrolling screen, several stages missing entirely, etc.

The physics and enemy AI in the NES port are slightly off, but those are comparatively minor issues.

>>3692497
It also provides a smaller field of view, which is terrible.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.