[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Inafune was not part of MM1 until a game concept AND character

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

File: Keiji%20Inafune[1].jpg (741KB, 1228x813px) Image search: [Google]
Keiji%20Inafune[1].jpg
741KB, 1228x813px
Inafune was not part of MM1 until a game concept AND character design was created. He was a latecomer. For Mega Man 1, he was only character designer. Inafune did, however, push Capcom to release Megaman 2, which is the main reason we had a megaman series to begin with. You have Inafune to thank for Mega Man 2, the X series, and beyond, etc.

I will openly say that he didn't build the boat, but he certainly did push it.
>>
Why can't you call it Rockman and shorten it to RM1?
That would reduce some confusions.
>>
And Iga wasn't the responsible for Castlevania Symphony of The Night, but a hack who can do nothing but try to copy it to this day.
>>
File: kitamura mm2.jpg (728KB, 1879x1256px) Image search: [Google]
kitamura mm2.jpg
728KB, 1879x1256px
>>3690362

But even that's wrong. It was Kitamura who petitioned Capcom.
>>
>>3690362
It wasn't till Megaman X where he played a slightly bigger role. MMX4 and MM8 were the first games where he played the role people know him for the best.
>>
>>3690362
>I will openly say that he didn't build the boat, but he certainly did push it.

It's good that you right oppression, like that.
>>
>>3690362
inafune is nothing without kitamura. see: mn9
>>
File: 1440341888797.gif (856KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1440341888797.gif
856KB, 320x240px
>>3691151
>yfw you did not fund MN9
>>
>>3690362
I mean, MMX, especially MMX4 are considered some of the best Mega Man games ever, just saying.

Honestly, I personally think people overdramatize Mighty No 9. Inafune is a good producer/director, but game was fucking doomed from the start (and it's not like it's the first flop he has signed his name on).

First, it was pretty clearly a major title Megaman reboot project he pitched to Capcom, got rejected, and in a fit he decided to pack the bags and leave - and instead of doing what Yacht Club people did after leaving WayForward, starting with a sweet/simple cheap game to get their feet wet a'la Shovel Knight (imagine e.g. something like Mighty Gunvolt as a full game), he decided to go through with this borderline triple-A scale project, on a Kickstarter budget, as his first indie game.

Oh, right. He also has spent his entire career at Capcom, and has never been really involved in indie development, and never ran a videogame studio. So he got cold feet, and made a deal with Deep Silver for extra funding.
Reading between the lines, it seems DS left him to dry - since Bloodstained was originally supposed to be published by DS too, but SOMETHING made Inti Creates change their mind and go with another publisher, better known for indie games? Perhaps being screwed over on another project they worked on, hm? I mean, let's be honest, I bet that DS fucked them over, Comcept made the Red Ash kickstarter as a backup plan to not go bankrupt, and started working on it - since MN9 clearly had no or almost no work done on it between the "demo preview" and actual release. So, probably DS evenually demanded a playable game from Comcept, so they gave them unfinished one to appease them. Again, this is speculation.

So between unrealistic scope, unreachable hype, Infaune being a terrible businessman and a newbie at that, having to manage so much shit at the same time, terrible management and budgeting - it was never gonna succeed.
>>
>>3691006
MMX4 is absolutely brilliant, but 8 sucked my ass.
>>
>>3691173
They also tried to make MN9 work on pretty much every console with an engine that wasn't easy enough to port and there were a lot of questionable decisions with the staff, like the director who had only done design work on Star Force 2 and 3 and design lead for the shitty Battle Network 1 remake instead of someone who had worked on a 2D platformer/action game at all. They hyped up the few veterans they had but it seemed like they put a lot of the work on less experienced people to try to make it different enough from Mega Man.
>>
File: 2641141-mighty.jpg (111KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
2641141-mighty.jpg
111KB, 1280x720px
>>3691173
I'm probably one of the few people who unironically enjoyed mn9 for what it was, but the behind-the scenes mess that happened with it prior to and after release, it's a damn shame.
Beck a cute
>>
>>3690362
Hating on Inafune was just a diversion tactic by the SJWs to get people off of Dina's back.
>>
>>3690438
How is it even remotely confusing?
>>
>>3691183
I've been playing MM8 for the first time since a few days ago. I'm enjoying it more than I thought I would. Limiting the stage select to four robot masters at a time actually makes sense in this one unlike in MM7, since the latter four stages are designed with weapons you get from the first four stages in mind.
It looks nice and has some decent tunes.
>>
>>3691695
>for what it was
It's mediocre at best. I played through it.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.