[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just curious. What sort of input lag are y'all getting

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: CtN9XEV.png (11KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
CtN9XEV.png
11KB, 1600x1200px
Just curious.

What sort of input lag are y'all getting with SD signal inputs to your HDTV?

Best I can manage is 0.8 frames which isn't great. Any way to improve it?
>>
>>3689091
You mean 80 frames? 0.8 isn't bad. If you're even measuring accurately.
>>
>>3689127
Pic is related as far as my method goes. Might be inaccurate as it relies on a human factor.

Are there any other ways to measure which might yield better results?
>>
>>3689307
Well, since it seems as if you're using the 240p test suite you could use the other built in lag checker.
>>
>>3689307
Must be inaccurate because of the human factor. very much so. Must also be inaccurate because it has a margin of error of one frame. I don't know where you're getting your 0.8 frames figure but it's a useless and inaccurate number.

Simplest way to measure with excellent accuracy is to output a signal that encodes time in a pattern to a CRT and LCD placed side by side and snap a picture of it. Then compare the pattern to see the exact lag.
Warning: You might not want to do this. It might produce delicious tears and lead to questioning the veracity of stories told by kids on the internet, people trying to sell you something, and other sources.
>>
>>3689341
>>3689604
I do intend to drag one of my BVMs down and daisy chain it so I can do the other lag test.

The 0.8 frames is an average of all 10 measurements taken during the test, disregarding premature ones (i.e negative). Personally I tend to hit mostly 1 frame with a few zeroes when I get lucky. I agree that it's a ballpark figure at best though.
>>
>>3689615
It's the only way to be sure.
>>
>>3689091
What game is that?
>>
>>3690005
240p test suite. Not a game
>>
>>3690054
>software run on a console to measure prepubescent dicks
>not a game
Would you like to change your answer?
>>
OP here.

Just picked up a Hitachi plasma for shots and giggles (32PD5200E if you're at all interested) and got much the same lag result as with my Pioneer in the first post.

Definitely going to set up a side-by-side comparison with a CRT now. This shit be mad cray.
>>
>>3691028
>shots
How many shots did they have to ply you with to take that beast off their hands?
>>
I got a perfect score of 0.0 ms using a Wii Remote on my HD CRT.

The manual lag test means nothing.
>>
File: 1478361985198.jpg (549KB, 1600x1477px) Image search: [Google]
1478361985198.jpg
549KB, 1600x1477px
>>3691389
Ten. In the mouth.

>>3691410
I'm starting to think so too. Roll on the weekend and some intensive testing, it is Christmas after all.
>>
>>3691028
Plasma is the new PVM, you heard it here first.
>>
>>3691524
Heard it's a good source of protein. Whatever floats your boat.
>>
>>3691957
I'm sure you're joking but there may be a ring of truth in that. After all, Fudoh's review which pretty much kicked off the resurgence of interest in pro CRTs mentioned two displays - the BVM-20F1 and the Pioneer PDP-V402.

For some reason everyone latched on to the CRT side of things and forgot all about low resolution emissive flat panels. Kuros are already sought after by those in the know but there are plenty of other hidden gems out there in the plasma realm.

>>3691979
Needed some to lift the thing. It's remarkably solid.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.