[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

In the American Playstation version of Resident Evil, the screen

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

File: biohazardaplhaconcept.jpg (53KB, 635x473px) Image search: [Google]
biohazardaplhaconcept.jpg
53KB, 635x473px
In the American Playstation version of Resident Evil, the screen fades to white when you die. I recently started playing the Japanese Saturn version of the game, and it doesn't fade to white, so the deaths are more gory.

So, does the Japanese Playstation version fade to white when you die or is the Saturn version the only version that doesn't censor deaths in this fashion?

Also, let's talk about censorship in video games.
>>
>>3687724
Was the prototype of RE1 with the multiplayer ever found?
>>
>>3687734

No. I don't think one exists. I think multiplayer was scrapped pretty early on considering how little is implemented in the earliest prototype that we do have.
>>
>>3687724
I think Resident Evil 2 death animations were cut from the japanese version too. Also, for all versions, before you encounter the first Licker there's a headless corpse of a cop. This head is supposed to drop from the ceiling when you encounter the first Licker and the blood that drips comes from that head.
>>
>>3687840

Yeah, death animations were definitely cut from the Japanese version of Resident Evil 2, which is strange to me. I usually expect less censorship of violence in the Japanese versions of games. I've seen the head drop scene, but it looks so cheesy that I feel like it was cut less for violence and more because it's executed poorly
>>
>>3687864
They remove one single severed head, but you blow zombie heads with the shotgun so it must be for some specific reasons. Also The Evil Within is censored in Japan because the game's rating is different from the rest of the world and in Japan they wanted a wider audience for the game.
>>
File: intro1.jpg (29KB, 370x209px) Image search: [Google]
intro1.jpg
29KB, 370x209px
>>3687724
The PAL version of Galerians is softer. The ending of the intro is cut because it shows a metallic hallway full of blood and corpses if I remember correctly. Also the game has a system of mental overload and as you take more drugs your overload bar fills because of your adiction. In the end when the overload bar is complete your power(because the drugs give you psychic powers) gets out of control which causes the instant death of your enemies nearby by blowing them up. In the NTSC version blood splatters all over the place and also leaves a stain on the floor when this happens, but in PAL the blood in this kind of deaths is reduced.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.