[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I hear most 60Hz mods for PAL SNES's aren't very good

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4

File: maxresdefault.jpg (68KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
68KB, 1280x720px
I hear most 60Hz mods for PAL SNES's aren't very good or lead to flickering etc.
Is it possible to just take the guts out of a Super Famicom and put them inside the shell of my PAL SNES?
>>
>>3686892
>Is it possible to just take the guts out of a Super Famicom and put them inside the shell of my PAL SNES?
????????????????????????????????????
>>
Nigger
Just keep both as is
>>
>>3686892
Yes this is a great idea.
>>
>>3686892
why not just use the super famicom you dork
>>
File: help.webm (44KB, 500x480px) Image search: [Google]
help.webm
44KB, 500x480px
Why not just take the rom out of PAL carts and replace them with the Japanese patched rom
>>
>>3686892
>I hear most 60Hz mods for PAL SNES's aren't very good or lead to flickering etc.

No it's not that they are not good the issue of flickering is related to LCDs and scalers which are very anal about running in exactly industry standards the CRT on the other hand wont give a fuck.
>>
>>3686892

Also what the fuck have you do to that SNES?
>>
>>3687041
>done
>>
>>3686892
Sorry but that is NOT what the developers intended.
>>
File: IMG_3502.jpg (252KB, 1300x927px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3502.jpg
252KB, 1300x927px
>mfw I'm not a palfaggot and can play games as the developers intended
>>
>>3686892
>japanisu model is happy shiny clean
>western piggu model covered in gross sticker
i am not surprise
>>
>>3687986
You can play Japanese games as the developers intended (60hz, RF, CRT), but you can't play European games as they were intended (50hz, RGB, CRT). As for American games, I don't think there are many so it doesn't matter.
>>
>>3686892
/vr/ gore
>>
>>3688153
There's literally no retro game made in Europe worth playing. Europe is irrelevant as far as gaming is concerned. Japanese games are the only thing anyone cares about and of course they're all 60Hz.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VPFBLaSgfHo
>>
>>3688569

Psygnosis made some nice stuff.
>>
>>3688570
Not retro reee
reeeeeeeee
>>
>>3687049
I can't believe you've done this!
>>
>>3688569
Those Rare games were sure all pieces of shit huh.
>>
>>3688569
>youropoors never made muhreeoh gamez so they're gamez are poo poo
>>
how do you get the left like that? I see all sorts of custom shit and super famicom ones are the least shit I have ever seen when it comes to custom mods.
>>
>>3690534

I don't understand why people even customize a darn video game console.

Hardware modifications such as 50/60hz switch etc I understand, but stuff such as replacing a red led with blue one. I don't get the mind behind this
>>
>>3688631
They really were.
>>
>>3688937
>>youropoors never made muhreeoh gamez

Why do you type like a retard?
Anyway, wasn't Giana Sisters european?

OP: just get a Super Famicom, don't mutilate it.
>>
>>3690619
>being this new
Welcome to /vr/ kiddo. A muhreeoh knock off doesn't prove anything. Hundreds of A list commie games do. Get your head out of the ass you were shat out of.
>>
>>3688153
>as the developers intended
>RF
Good god.
>>3690619
>Anyway, wasn't Giana Sisters european?
Yes and it is fucking terrible. There are plenty of good european games but Giana is not one.
>>
File: 4S4c9h3.jpg (159KB, 700x609px) Image search: [Google]
4S4c9h3.jpg
159KB, 700x609px
>>3691443

>pssh, nothing personal kid
>>
>>3690536
I remember seeing one where the way you changed the region was tapping the reset button and the LED would change color to indicate the region. That was pretty dang cool. Just chaning the LED for no real reason is dumb though.
>>
Switch them, yes.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.